Cristiano Ronaldo (135 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It’s because they have absolutely nothing. They don’t have any new or damning evidence and it’s been nearly 10 years. Impossible for them to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he raped her. This lawyer is a clueless con-man. Knew it the moment I saw that hideous ponytail @ALC
Lol what’s with grown men having ponytails, Ronaldo’s lawyer has one too

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
they got NOTHING. That ponytail lawyer now looking for comments from Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. This is all a shitty reality TV show.
Their strategy is to put Ronaldo in a tough spot by feeding the media frenzy. Ronaldo knows he will lose hundreds of millions of euros if he loses his mega endorsement deals and will gladly pay the 200k she is asking for to make the charges go away.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Not long ago I said here that I didn't put my hands on fire by any of the parties until there is conclusive evidence, since it's a very serious accusation. But since days ago this has become an absolute circus and there's still no weight evidence to sentence Ronaldo. The best thing is that in spite of dirtying his image, most football fans support him unconditionally.

I just want this shit to end now, and I want the only news about him is his continued success in Juve.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Not following this CR7 stuff at all and don't want to! Haven't been into Juve day-to-day till joining this forum but appears Italy dislikes Juve, CL people dislike Juve, and now all this shit coming out about CR7 only after wearing the Juve jersey! WTF!
What team do you support? Whatever team Ronaldo plays for or another?

Yeah, welcome to Juventus.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This is terrible for Ronaldo & the Club. I see the chances of him surviving this as very slim.

Its not a question of whether there is enough evidence that meets the standards of a criminal case in the US. Its almost impossible to have evidence from a night that happened a decade ago and to pass the high standard that would get him to go to prison even if he did do it. Ronaldo is probably not going to prison.

The real question is, is there enough evidence to make a compelling claim that the rape likely happened in the court of public opinion?

An extreme example would have been bill cosby when so many women came out against him. That was enough to get public opinion to believe he did those things and that was before actual evidence and any court hearings happened. Cosby is an extreme case (because of the sheer number of women coming forward) but if these docs are legit, or people widely believe them to be legit, that will be enough for Nike & other sponsors to pull out of the sponsorship deal to protect their own image. I imagine Juve would follow suit. All it takes is for one big sponsor to pull out > the rest will follow > Ronaldo will be finished, regardless of whether the evidence is enough for a court case or not.

Think the case of Bret Kavanaugh. He got the job because of Trump/Republicans powering through despite public opinion and the allegations. They were ready to take the backlash for it in exchange of having a new supreme court judge assigned. Nike and corporate sponsors are unlikely to do something similar. These are companies with a progressive image to maintain.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Is something like this cause for Juve to tear up his contract without owing him more wages?
I'd imagine there are clauses in such contracts that discuss such scenarios. Probably Nike has similar clauses with him too. We will never know for sure ofc until it actually happens and assuming they make this public information.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'd imagine there are clauses in such contracts that discuss such scenarios. Probably Nike has similar clauses with him too. We will never know for sure ofc until it actually happens and assuming they make this public information.
I wonder if we could then sue him (or Madrid) for his transfer fee ala Mutu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)