Cristiano Ronaldo (121 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I understand the fear to report. Definitely. But doing so now, while riding the MeToo wave makes her look awful.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
That’s the point of the #metoo wave. To come forward if you were too afraid in the past

- - - Updated - - -

IMO If she is a victim of rape she should want him behind bars though. Not only out of hatred but also to protect other women. I really don't see how money will fix her mental damages.
If he is a rapist, convicting him is good enough. Ruined reputation and other women won’t be afraid to stand up against him if they do get raped because they have evidence he’s a rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

I've stopped following this story. Has she or her lawyer said that's what she's seeking?
Yeah, they’re asking for money

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That’s the point of the #metoo wave. To come forward if you were too afraid in the past

- - - Updated - - -
Or you're a highly opportunistic and manipulative person who thinks right now is the perfect time to score some more money.

Remember that she didn't try to get this man behind bars, but she settled for cold hard cash back in 2010. I don't know what she's doing now, but she sure isn't in this to get justice or to protect other women.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well if he needs to save his reputation, he has no other go.

The damage has already been done. I'd find it hard to see whether he'd bring as much money to the club now as first estimated as the reason for his signing was largely due to commercial reasons. 33 years old, rape allegations... Brand CR is going to take a nosedive and we got to bear the brunt of it too unfortunately.

20% drop in shares apparently. Wish we never bought him tbh..
The public likes a good vindication story as much as anything.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Or you're a highly opportunistic and manipulative person who thinks right now is the perfect time to score some more money.

Remember that she didn't try to get this man behind bars, but she settled for cold hard cash back in 2010. I don't know what she's doing now, but she sure isn't in this to get justice or to protect other women.

That’s a possibility too. But it doesn’t discredit the #metoo movement imo, the benefits outweigh the risks

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That’s a possibility too. But it doesn’t discredit the #metoo movement imo, the benefits outweigh the risks
I don't mean to say the movement is necessarily bad. But you do get a lot of sick women trying to make money off of this. It's inevitable really.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's pretty clear #metoo has gone way overboard, and I'm a rather liberal fellow myself, but failing to recognize that this toxic combination of Me too and Believe her ignores due process and presumption of innocence entirely is laughable at best. Disturbing is how I'd put it.

There's also the aspect that accusations based on regret over booze fuelled (on both sides) consensual encounters are skyrocketing in US universities.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's pretty clear #metoo has gone way overboard, and I'm a rather liberal fellow myself, but failing to recognize that this toxic combination of Me too and Believe her ignores due process and presumption of innocence entirely is laughable at best. Disturbing is how I'd put it.

There's also the aspect that accusations based on regret over booze fuelled (on both sides) consensual encounters are skyrocketing in US universities.
I wasn’t aware. Have there been any studies to back that up?

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Those reporting that Juve’s market shares have dropped, they were at the same value around the beginning of September and still much higher than when Ronaldo joined the cub. It remains to be seen whether it will continue to drop but it’s not really necessarily caused by the allegations. That twitter user was smart to only post what the market looked like in the last few days. Propaganda at its finest. Ofcourse the masses will fall for it.

If you closely analyse the chart, it was already dropping slightly before the allegations were even publicised.

It started dropping as far back as mid-September; way before this case came into the public eye.

Attachments

Last edited:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Because not many people had sex with Ronaldo, especially not one night stands. If he's had sex with a woman it becomes a he said she said kind of thing, but at least one fact makes her version believable and that's that they did have sex.

Without sex any rape claim isn't going to go far obviously.

So no, the NDA means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It is absolutely not an admission of guilt.

I imagine Ronaldo has had many one night stands over the years, not the most committed guy out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)