Cristiano Ronaldo (102 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Nike and EA have a different relationship with Ronaldo compared to Juve, they're both selling him as an idol and having a shadow like that damages their sales greatly. Knowing that there was a rape allegation and Ronaldo paid the woman off 10 years ago, both of which seem true from what has been revealed, is probably enough for them to cut ties with Cristiano.

Having said that, it seems like Marotta is missed already, that tweet was terrible.
How is that different from us?

We sure as shit aren't paying 200 million for his output on the pitch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
How is that different from us?

We sure as shit aren't paying 200 million for his output on the pitch.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but over 4 years the wages+transfer fee is a bit over 300 million :D but a lot of that money does go to improve the football side, not just his scoring abilities, but also self belief of the team, his know-how in CL mentality and respect of our opponents, for Nike and EA it's probably more money and they're concerned just about the commercial side

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but over 4 years I think it's a bit over 300 million :D but a lot of that money does go to improve the football side, not just his scoring abilities, but also self belief of the team, his know-how in CL mentality and respect of our opponents, for Nike and EA it's probably more money and they're concerned just about the commercial side
:sigh:

Regardless, for me it will always be a marketing deal plain & simple. If improving the team was our main goal, we would have gone a different way.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Good example, obviously Ronaldo's case isn't that clear cut, but so far no one even entertained the idea that he kidnapped the woman or tied her in the bed and such, and evidence suggest that both sides gave consent to mutual sexual conduct.

It's horrifying to see that some of our own fans even get mad at the Twitter statement by the club just because the club didn't state specific statements according to their worldview.

SJW PC culture really poison your society.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Good example, obviously Ronaldo's case isn't that clear cut, but so far no one even entertained the idea that he kidnapped the woman or tied her in the bed and such, and evidence suggest that both sides gave consent to mutual sexual conduct.

It's horrifying to see that some of our own fans even get mad at the Twitter statement by the club just because the club didn't state specific statements according to their worldview.

SJW PC culture really poison your society.
not sure evidence suggests that. the way I see it, most damning thing for Ronaldos public image is the off-court settlement he reached with Mayorga. given that it leaked to Spiegel a year ago and amidst all the recent outrage Cristiano or his lawyers have never challenged its existence, I think it's pretty safe to say this deal between them happened.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Football Italia loving this, as expected.
Sadly, even with a snake oil lawyer and a signed agreement for non-disclosure time is on her side for now. The media is loving this because of all the interest that Ronaldo is making and I doubt that most of them even care who's right and who's wrong. On the other hand public opinion is mostly on his side claiming that she is a gold digger.

In the next few weeks they'll present their new(old?) evidence but I can't imagine it will be good enough for her to win this case. Their best strategy is to drag this as long as possible and to damage his reputation as much as they can so it will be far less damaging for him to pay 5 million $ (for example) than to sustain more damage.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It's obviously gonna hurt CR7 image but destroy it like some are suggesting is just nonsense

Kobe have to deal with rape plus cheating issues and he went out of that.... CR7 only need to deal with this fast enough and as I said before thhe campaign #metoo would bring more bad than good to ladies... u would see in the future how everyone would call things like: "fxxx metoo" and just a couple of years... mark my word

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)