Cristiano Ronaldo (59 Viewers)

Reinhard

Dec 14, 2005
Yeah, I've been thinking this too. Could be a case of really poor 'due diligence' by the club; or that they simply took the risk regardless and thought everything would be fine. Wouldn't be surprised if Marotta warned against it and that it ended up being what caused the rift between him and AA. But who knows.
This risk the club should never have taken. And I'm 80% shure Marotta warns AA about that.
Marotta is a honest man who don't see only the cash symbol in his eyes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
This story is on all major American publications. And UK as well. Every major news outlet has caught up on this.

Even if they started it in 2016 , you'd have to ask yourselves why the story dint explode then and there? Did they magically find the conclusive evidence as soon as he left Madrid? How do you people not find this fishy is beyond me.

Either way, damage to CR's image has already been done even if he gets out of it.

Imagine talking about commercializing and being more appealing worldwide and the next thing you realize your prized acquisition is a rapist :sergio:

Doesn't surprise me. I see a clear case of exploitation miles away. So they had a case with proof but only now decided to drop the bomb? :lol: With Florentino written all over it. The goal is to damage the image because they know they have shit to win the case. Wish them good luck on actually winning it if not for another "settlement" grabbing.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
But in this case, the Juve Staff should had done research about this case. A Club in this dimension should be able to get a guy who report the past from a transfer target. This rape case come up in 2017 and they should already knew that. If the Club did the Job well, they would have let the fingers from CR7.
Maybe Marotta warned Agnelli and Friday was the day wenn the story about the women comes clearly out. Wasn't it the day when Marotta broke up with Agnelli?
Sorry for my bad english

Hello DA/FIF fan. Nice to meet you :lol3:

Reinhard

Dec 14, 2005
Innocent until proven guilty. We should give Ronaldo a chance to defend himself.
Shure! But the facts from "derSpiegel" are very heavy - I read the documents, so also others in the Forum.
I replied because it's stupid to say "he should have payed his accuser more cash" and play the rape down.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello DA/FIF fan. Nice to meet you :lol3:
What means DA/FIF?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think Juve image is tarnished with this, signing him we didn't know anything about this incident probably.

How we will react and what we will do to distance ourselves if shit gets serious is what can possibly damage us a lot though and "innocent until proven guilty" won't cut it.

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
I don't think Juve image is tarnished with this, signing him we didn't know anything about this incident probably.

How we will react and what we will do to distance ourselves if shit gets serious is what can possibly damage us a lot though.
It is not the first time Ronaldo has been accused of this type of crime. I find it shocking if Agnelli, Beppe, or Patrarci didn't know about his previous allegations.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
As long as Ronaldo doesn't set foot in the US, we should be alright (unless Italy has an extradition treaty with the US :shifty: )
They do. Agreed upon in 1983. Can extradite someone who has been found guilty of a crime which would lead to prison for more than 1 year

Reinhard

Dec 14, 2005
Glad to know they only found it out this year and not the previous year while Ronaldo was still at Real. But now the "facts" are "heavy" :lol3:
Shure, you're a big fan of Ronaldo. I also was happy, when the biggest player come to Juve.
Bit this situation now is very bizarr.
Rape is crime and last year the women said to this nothing. But since friday its getting serious.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Shure, you're a big fan of Ronaldo. I also was happy, when the biggest player come to Juve.
Bit this situation now is very bizarr.
Rape is crime and last year the women said to this nothing. But since friday its getting serious.

Oh so last year they got nothing on him. But now the "facts" are "heavy" since she decided sold a big story to "derSpiegel". Imagine my surprise :lol3:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It is not the first time Ronaldo has been accused of this type of crime. I find it shocking if Agnelli, Beppe, or Patrarci didn't know about his previous allegations.
one thing is an obscure allegation. another thing is googling Ronaldo and all of the first results being about the rape case, that's not obscure anymore, tomorrow your mom will be asking you if he did it.

imo whether Juventus image gets seriously damaged or not depends on what we do from now on - whether we play him, defend him in press, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)