Cristiano Ronaldo (156 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course. I'm not putting Ramos above Ronaldo in terms of Real Madrid getting to the finals in the first place, only that he was the reason they won them until 2017 and 2018.

In the 2014 campaign it was Benzema that scored the first goal against Bayern so Real could take a 1-0 lead to Munich, then Ramos in the second leg with the two clutch headers decided the tie. In the final it was again Ramos and then Bale.

In 2017 Ronaldo was by far the biggest contributor, first with 5 goals against Bayern. Then 3 goals against Atletico and 2 goals in the final against Juve - outstanding campaign.
He absolutely wasn’t. They don’t even get to the finals and have a chance to win them without Ronaldo, so that’s an inane and overly reductive argument. I get it, as a Bayern fan you are butthurt over Ronaldo spanking you silly, we Juve fans know the feeling, but it doesn’t mean you should spout ridiculous nonsense.

You’re also ignoring that in those 2014 and 2016 finals, the entire defensive game plan was shutting Ronaldo down, because he was so incredibly dominant, which was what gave space for others in and around the box.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I guess "most free kicks" must mean most taken and not scored. I wonder what the conversion rate is on his "most freekicks" stat
It is actually most scored. Ronaldo was a brilliant free kick taker at Man United and early on at Madrid. He used to go for placement over power. Than his immense ego took over he scored one from like a mile out and decided to just blast them as hard as he could from any location. His FK record post-around 2013 is dreadful. One of the biggest jokes in football lol

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Ramos more important than Ronaldo in 2014 and 2016. Good joke :lol2:
Well you can't deny he turned out to be more important in both the finals and also the semis against Bayern - I clearly stated 2017 was different to 2014.

I'm not butthurt, I just said he totally destroyed us in 2017. Read my posts again instead of just concluding a lot.

The overall campaign was all Ronaldo but the semis of 2014, the final of 2014 and 2016 was Ramos, Benzema and Bale. When Ronaldo scored against us in 2014 the match was already long over. In 2017 he was the sole reason of knocking us out, but that wasn't the case in 2014. Hell Bayern didn't even mark him more than other players, he had oceans of space in both semifinals against us.

In the 2014 final he also scored the penalty with one minut remaining on the clock - it's just facts really. :)

Ronaldo is amazing and one of the greatest of all times, but Real would've lost the final in 2014 without Ramos. No one can deny it.

- - - Updated - - -

And this argument of me being butthurt over Ronaldo does make zero sense, if that's the case then I should be even more butthurt over Messi turning Boateng inside out in 2015 home and away. :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well you can't deny he turned out to be more important in both the finals and also the semis against Bayern - I clearly stated 2017 was different to 2014.

I'm not butthurt, I just said he totally destroyed us in 2017. Read my posts again instead of just concluding a lot.

The overall campaign was all Ronaldo but the semis of 2014, the final of 2014 and 2016 was Ramos, Benzema and Bale. When Ronaldo scored against us in 2014 the match was already long over. In 2017 he was the sole reason of knocking us out, but that wasn't the case in 2014. Hell Bayern didn't even mark him more than other players, he had oceans of space in both semifinals against us.

In the 2014 final he also scored the penalty with one minut remaining on the clock - it's just facts really. :)

Ronaldo is amazing and one of the greatest of all times, but Real would've lost the final in 2014 without Ramos. No one can deny it.

- - - Updated - - -

And this argument of me being butthurt over Ronaldo does make zero sense, if that's the case then I should be even more butthurt over Messi turning Boateng inside out in 2015 home and away. :lol:
Sounds like you are butthurt about Messi in 2015, or why even bring that up? You definitely super butthurt about Ronaldo, you poor little fellow. Take pride in Bayern instead, and stop being so butthurt about Ronaldo being by far their best and most important player in 2014 and 2016. He was. It wasn’t close.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Sounds like you are butthurt about Messi in 2015, or why even bring that up? You definitely super butthurt about Ronaldo, you poor little fellow. Take pride in Bayern instead, and stop being so butthurt about Ronaldo being by far their best and most important player in 2014 and 2016. He was. It wasn’t close.
To give an example. Honestly I'm not butthurt I don't even get where that comes from? Messi turned Boateng and Bayern inside out in 2015, same as Ronaldo did in 2017 to a lot of teams and us especially. He (Ronaldo) did so as well in 2014 up until the semis and the final itself. Ramos is the biggest cunt I can think of, but if not for him then Real wouldn't have won La Decima.

Btw I have a question - does butthurt means like you when someone dares to critizise Allegri? :snoop:

You know I'm just joking, I think you're a nice guy. :) But I also never said Ronaldo wasn't Real Madrids best player, that's something you think I said. I stated 117 times now that Ronaldo was their best and most important player up until the semis and final in 2014 and up until the final in 2016.

In 2017 and 2018 he was clearly their most important player scoring 5 goals against Bayern, 3 against Atletico and then 2 against Juve in the final. In 2018 he also had a massive campaign against PSG and Juve, also played a quite good final imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
To give an example. Honestly I'm not butthurt I don't even get where that comes from? Messi turned Boateng and Bayern inside out in 2015, same as Ronaldo did in 2017 to a lot of teams and us especially. He (Ronaldo) did so as well in 2014 up until the semis and the final itself. Ramos is the biggest cunt I can think of, but if not for him then Real wouldn't have won La Decima.

Btw I have a question - does butthurt means like you when someone dares to critizise Allegri? :snoop:

You know I'm just joking, I think you're a nice guy. :) But I also never said Ronaldo wasn't Real Madrids best player, that's something you think I said. I stated 117 times now that Ronaldo was their best and most important player up until the semis and final in 2014 and up until the final in 2016.

In 2017 and 2018 he was clearly their most important player scoring 5 goals against Bayern, 3 against Atletico and then 2 against Juve in the final. In 2018 he also had a massive campaign against PSG and Juve, also played a quite good final imo.
? I was fine with the club moving on from Allegri in summer 2019. I didn’t like how combative and pissy he’d become with the media and thought some time off/a sabbatical would do him good. He’s one of our all time great managers, but that doesn’t mean his first spell had run its course. More so butthurt that we made disastrous choices in who to replace him with. An unprofessional loser and then a complete rookie who didn’t even have a coaching license when we hired him lol. Would have much preferred we just rejuvenate the squad for him instead of what we chose to do.

Anyways, I’m mostly just teasing you, but I disagree with your evaluation. Single games have relevance but I look at a campaign as a whole. And Madrid doesn’t win anything without Ronaldo. Did he have some bad games? Did some teams manage to shut him down and mark him out of matches? Yes. Of course. Or he’d have an incomprehensible number of goals. But once again, the point stands is that a campaign isn’t based on just the final game, and Ramos/Bale/etc don’t have a chance to come through in those games without Ronaldo carrying them on his back constantly to get there.

And just so you know, Ronaldo was playing with injury in 2014 CL later knockouts and Final.
http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/354461.html

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You can understand his stance though. Ronaldo has made Bayern his little bitch each time they've come up against him. So can't fault him for holding a grudge against Ronaldo imo.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
? I was fine with the club moving on from Allegri in summer 2019. I didn’t like how combative and pissy he’d become with the media and thought some time off/a sabbatical would do him good. He’s one of our all time great managers, but that doesn’t mean his first spell had run its course. More so that we made disastrous choices in who to replace him with. An unprofessional loser and then a complete rookie who didn’t even have a coaching license when we hired him lol. Would have much preferred we just rejuvenate the squad for him instead of what we chose to do.

Anyways, I’m mostly just teasing you, but I disagree with your evaluation. Single games have relevance but I look at a campaign as a whole. And Madrid doesn’t win anything without Ronaldo. Did he have some bad games? Did some teams manage to shut him down and mark him out of matches? Yes. Of course. Or he’d have an incomprehensible number of goals. But once again, the point stands is that a campaign isn’t based on just the final game, and Ramos/Bale/etc don’t have a chance to come through in those games without Ronaldo carrying them on his back constantly to get there.

And just so you know, Ronaldo was playing with injury in 2014 CL later knockouts and Final.
http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/354461.html
But again for the 117th time, I said again and again he had the by far most impressive campaigns, but it was up until he played against us, he didn't really impress me in any of those two matches, I thought he became way more clutch in 2017 and 2018. Not to say he wasn't clutch the years prior, he scored very important goals against United in 2013 and against us in 2012. Luckily for us we knocked Real out on penalties that year (2012).

You know I also think/feel Lewandowski had by far the most outstanding campaign of any Bayern player in the 2019-20 season and was also the best player in Europe/the world, he was hitting goals left and right against pretty much all teams. But him being so would've meant jack shit if we lost that final against PSG. Yes he could've boast about insane numbers, but PSG would still have run away with the big ears trophy.

Ronaldo carried Ramos, Bale and the other shitheads through many times, but Ramos and Bale carried him in the last 3 games of the 2014 CL campaign :p

I know about him carrying an injury in the 2014 World Cup, it most definitely did hamper him.

My remarks about you and Allegri comes from you saying Juve only played one bad game under Allegri and that it was the one against Ajax. That is simply not true, you had at least a handful of bad games under him. When you have to do a lot of comebacks in the CL then it's because you fuck something completely up in the first game, (I know this from having Pep here lol), meaning Allegri certainly had his fair share of bad tactical moments.

With that said; I do rate him and think he's a quite underrated manager when we talk about the best managers out there. And I also think it was a mistake to sack him, especially when you replaced him with a moron in Sarri and there after with someone who never before managed a club in Pirlo.

I was very impressed with what Allegri did for you between 2014-17. I remember your CL campaign from 2014-15 and thought you played some quite good football, you also went head to head with Real over two legs. And after a bad start in the final against Barca you certainly gave them a run for their money. I also thought you played some great games against us in 2016.

My favorite was the 2016-17 campaign, I rewatched some of your goals and how you approached the game and thought you really should've won the CL that year. That team kinda reminded me of the 2012-13 Treble Bayern team under Don Jupp.

It was a well oiled machine where everyone knew their task and you had a fantastic team. After that final I felt Allegri started to decline as a coach and especially the 2018-19 season you had many bad games from what I remember.

Anyway this became longer than I wanted it to be, this is just how I saw it from the outside. Really liked those teams from 2014-17 under Allegri.

- - - Updated - - -

You can understand his stance though. Ronaldo has made Bayern his little bitch each time they've come up against him. So can't fault him for holding a grudge against Ronaldo imo.
Where does this even come from? I'm still yet to understand why I should hold a grudge against Ronaldo, I praised him so many times now ffs. :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But again for the 117th time, I said again and again he had the by far most impressive campaigns, but it was up until he played against us, he didn't really impress me in any of those two matches, I thought he became way more clutch in 2017 and 2018. Not to say he wasn't clutch the years prior, he scored very important goals against United in 2013 and against us in 2012. Luckily for us we knocked Real out on penalties that year (2012).

You know I also think/feel Lewandowski had by far the most outstanding campaign of any Bayern player in the 2019-20 season and was also the best player in Europe/the world, he was hitting goals left and right against pretty much all teams. But him being so would've meant jack shit if we lost that final against PSG. Yes he could've boast about insane numbers, but PSG would still have run away with the big ears trophy.

Ronaldo carried Ramos, Bale and the other shitheads through many times, but Ramos and Bale carried him in the last 3 games of the 2014 CL campaign :p

I know about him carrying an injury in the 2014 World Cup, it most definitely did hamper him.

My remarks about you and Allegri comes from you saying Juve only played one bad game under Allegri and that it was the one against Ajax. That is simply not true, you had at least a handful of bad games under him. When you have to do a lot of comebacks in the CL then it's because you fuck something completely up in the first game, (I know this from having Pep here lol), meaning Allegri certainly had his fair share of bad tactical moments.

With that said; I do rate him and think he's a quite underrated manager when we talk about the best managers out there. And I also think it was a mistake to sack him, especially when you replaced him with a moron in Sarri and there after with someone who never before managed a club in Pirlo.

I was very impressed with what Allegri did for you between 2014-17. I remember your CL campaign from 2014-15 and thought you played some quite good football, you also went head to head with Real over two legs. And after a bad start in the final against Barca you certainly gave them a run for their money. I also thought you played some great games against us in 2016.

My favorite was the 2016-17 campaign, I rewatched some of your goals and how you approached the game and thought you really should've won the CL that year. That team kinda reminded me of the 2012-13 Treble Bayern team under Don Jupp.

It was a well oiled machine where everyone knew their task and you had a fantastic team. After that final I felt Allegri started to decline as a coach and especially the 2018-19 season you had many bad games from what I remember.

Anyway this became longer than I wanted it to be, this is just how I saw it from the outside. Really liked those teams from 2014-17 under Allegri.
I didn’t say “1 bad game” under Max. I said bad knockout tie under Max. We had a few bad games in the knockouts under him. But he generally made up for it with a masterclass in the other leg. Agree with you that 2018-19 was a disaster. Ajax, we were piss poor in both legs. But I think 2017-18 was a super underrated campaign given the aging squad. We absolutely destroyed the league and domestic comp, had our best season for points, goals scored, goal differential, etc, and should really have gone through against Madrid. Dybala’s red card in the first leg made a real mess of things, as did that insane brainfart from Chiello and Buffon that gave Ronaldo his brilliant overhead kick goal. Anyways, 2018-19 was the end for that first spell. It was time.

That article and my point wasn’t about an injury in the World Cup alone. He was also playing with that same injury in SF and Final of CL in 2014. He was literally just playing the important matches at the end of that season, hoping not to cause something truly career damaging. He got lucky with that imo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ajax tie was bad, but we were without Chiellini both games, forcing us to play freakin Rugani with Bonucci in both. Softest defense in the history of CL knockout stages. Then we had no Cuadrado both games, no D. Costa and Mandzukic in the return leg. Full squad and we beat them and then tottenham as well. Real shame

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-RUCFz7V0hicB.jpg

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It is actually most scored. Ronaldo was a brilliant free kick taker at Man United and early on at Madrid. He used to go for placement over power. Than his immense ego took over he scored one from like a mile out and decided to just blast them as hard as he could from any location. His FK record post-around 2013 is dreadful. One of the biggest jokes in football lol
Brilliant free kick taker, please.. He had a few jabulanis. Ever since they went back to regular balls he's had the conversion rate of a lower league centre back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)