Cristiano Ronaldo (68 Viewers)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
There’s only so much you can do when you have junk like Bernardeschi, Khedira, Rabiot & Matuidi taking turns at doing something moronic on the ball behind you.

He didn’t have a good game by any means but even a sub-par Ronaldo has some sort of influence through either G or A if the sufficient support is there. Penalty aside, he usually has to be in top form to even have a glimmer of a chance of scoring with the midfield behind him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How do we measure the success of the Ronaldo experiment? Is it by the number of trophies won during his playing career with us? or do we measure it in terms of exposure and revenue? Perhaps a combination?

When can we say the Ronaldo Project has succeeded, and when would it be considered a failure? Is it only a success if we win the CL, for example?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
How do we measure the success of the Ronaldo experiment? Is it by the number of trophies won during his playing career with us? or do we measure it in terms of exposure and revenue? Perhaps a combination?

When can we say the Ronaldo Project has succeeded, and when would it be considered a failure? Is it only a success if we win the CL, for example?
You can't really fail by signing him, just because who he is. We could determine it with the certain factos, few of them being these:

-Stats
-Legacy
-Revenue
-Winning
-Club attractiviness

There's just few, and he excels every single one of those. We can't really expect from a single player we buy more stat wise, we can't expect anybody be more marketable, we can't expect anyone bringing in more money than the most followed player on the planet either. On top of that, he's an example for all the others around and people really want to come to Juventus just because of him, so it gives us a better chance to win and that leads to the legacy he leaves behind, which will be to see within years.

As far it comes to the game yesterday, im not concerned at all. he looked pretty damn sharp IMO, almost couldn't believe how explosive he was at that age. It's normal to get more "ring rust" when you get older, it always takes little longer to get back on track with that age but he will be playing like he did before, that's for sure. He can easily play till 37-38 and be this good, your level just won't drop in a day as long as you keep looking after yourself, just like does so there's zero concern.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

When we signed him

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So, if we end up not winning the CL and not winning Serie A for the next couple of years, you're still calling it a success, considering the outlay?

I'm not questioning Ronaldo, I'm talking about the whole Ronaldo Experiment/Project, The Ronaldo Experience if you may.
There is no Ronaldo project to me, you don't sign one player to win you a CL or Serie A. The signing itself was a statement one, a power move, so it's a success as soon as we got him

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Signing a generational talent (arguably the GOAT) and then following it up by hiring a bank teller to manage the squad sends two completely different messages to everyone.

Sadly his short time may be a commercial success but a failure in terms of continental competition level

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
More shitty journalism? Apparently, he wants to leave :rofl: :howler:

Ronaldo could leave Juventus

The Portuguese superstar could depart Turin at the end of the season
Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus could part ways at the end of the season, according to Italian publication Radio Rossonera.
Rumours began to emerge in May that the 35-year-old was contemplating leaving the club, and those rumours have continued heading into the summer.
Ronaldo has scored 53 goals in 75 appearances for Juventus since joining the Serie A giants from Real Madrid in 2018.

This was confirmed by some guru names Pietro Balzano Prota. Who the fuck is he? @Mark

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/...ave-juventus-in-the-upcoming-transfer-window/
Sure. Given these tough economic times, we'll discount his price to €280M.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There is no Ronaldo project to me, you don't sign one player to win you a CL or Serie A. The signing itself was a statement one, a power move, so it's a success as soon as we got him
I think the signing was intended not only as a power move, but to increase revenue. And with that revenue, we could strengthen the team. And I think it might have been more of a success in that regard if we had spent wisely with these increased parameters.

But for Ronaldo's entire tenure at Juventus, he was playing beside Matuidi.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I think the signing was intended not only as a power move, but to increase revenue. And with that revenue, we could strengthen the team. And I think it might have been more of a success in that regard if we had spent wisely with these increased parameters.

But for Ronaldo's entire tenure at Juventus, he was playing beside Matuidi.
Tici will sell Ronaldo for 65m and buy Milik for 50
@Bianconero81

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)