Cristiano Ronaldo (183 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Ronaldo this season for Portugal - 11 goals in 6 games
Ronaldo this season for Juventus - 6 goals in 14 games
Well clearly we are not maximising him to his potential at the moment. Obviously internationally his opponents are poor but those stats aren’t achieved by any other striker in Europe or internationally so....

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
https://www.espn.com/soccer/portuga...o-blasts-potato-field-pitchsays-not-fully-fit

Juve coach Maurizio Sarri then said that Ronaldo had been struggling with a knee problem for some time.

"In the last three weeks, I have been playing with limitations," Ronaldo told a group of reporters outside Portugal's dressing-room door on Sunday. "But there was no controversy -- you [the media] created that.

"I tried to help Juventus. Nobody likes to be substituted but I understood because I wasn't in such good shape," he added.

Ronaldo said he was also "not 100 percent" in the two Portugal matches.

"I sacrificed myself for the team," he said. "We could have missed out [on Euro 2020]. Thankfully, I haven't been injured much in my career but it can happen."

"It's a pain that prevents me from being 100 percent, but I always try to play. They created a big controversy where it didn't need to exist. I'll be back to 100 percent soon."

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Oh, I thought when he played a game without sprinting then bent down to his knee and asked for a sub, then the coach explicitly said he was hurt... it meant something else.

Good that we have confirmation now.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
https://www.espn.com/soccer/portuga...o-blasts-potato-field-pitchsays-not-fully-fit

Juve coach Maurizio Sarri then said that Ronaldo had been struggling with a knee problem for some time.

"In the last three weeks, I have been playing with limitations," Ronaldo told a group of reporters outside Portugal's dressing-room door on Sunday. "But there was no controversy -- you [the media] created that.

"I tried to help Juventus. Nobody likes to be substituted but I understood because I wasn't in such good shape," he added.

"I sacrificed myself for the team," he said. "We could have missed out [on Euro 2020]. Thankfully, I haven't been injured much in my career but it can happen."

"It's a pain that prevents me from being 100 percent, but I always try to play. They created a big controversy where it didn't need to exist. I'll be back to 100 percent soon."
:tup:

People trash-talking the GOAT because he had a few poor games while injured. :inter:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

good, people can shut up about it now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)