Cristiano Ronaldo (266 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well yea obviously the people on here that argue that there has ever been a player anywhere near the quality of a Ronaldo or Messi are by far the most delusional crowd on this forum.

like a modern Messi wouldn't have scored thousands of goals in an era when players had never heard of a fitness regiment and teams played with five forwards.

And a bunch of 5'5, chubby smokers are going to physically bully Ronaldo out of a game? :howler:
C'mon man. A perfect example of why cross-era comparisons are retarded.

Messi wouldn't even be a pro footballer in the past, because the HGH treatments he received which allowed him to be over 4'10 tall are a modern thing and never would have happened in the past. CR7 wouldn't have the physique and fitness he has in the past, because the sport science and training wasn't there, nor was it valued enough.

Transport any of those players of the past into the modern era and they also have access to modern physical fitness training, diets, supplementation. Transport CR7 or Messi or any other modern player to the past and they lose all the advantages of modern training methods and sport science.

The best players of each era would be amongst the best players of any era, given access to the advantages/disadvantages of each era.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Fine. I will meet you where you say cross generational arguments are stupid because i agree.

- - - Updated - - -

It still irks me when a few choice members here try to downplay the accomplishments of top players today saying they wouldnt have made it in the 80s, 70s

And from my perspective i didnt think this debaate was ever about how tall messi couldve got in 1970. I figured we were debating them at the peak of their powers as if they were all sonehow thrown together like that

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
C'mon man. A perfect example of why cross-era comparisons are retarded.

Messi wouldn't even be a pro footballer in the past, because the HGH treatments he received which allowed him to be over 4'10 tall are a modern thing and never would have happened in the past. CR7 wouldn't have the physique and fitness he has in the past, because the sport science and training wasn't there, nor was it valued enough.

Transport any of those players of the past into the modern era and they also have access to modern physical fitness training, diets, supplementation. Transport CR7 or Messi or any other modern player to the past and they lose all the advantages of modern training methods and sport science.

The best players of each era would be amongst the best players of any era, given access to the advantages/disadvantages of each era.
Lets also not forget balls, pitches and shoes improved a lot over time. It's easier to play now than 50 years ago

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Since Cristiano Ronaldo joined Juventus, the club’s shares have grown 55.15 per cent on the stock exchange, now worth over €1 per share.

The Ballon d’Or winner may have cost over €100m and was handed a salary worth €30m per year, but he is already paying it back off the field.

Shirt sales are through the roof and their stock exchange status has soared.

Since June 1, the Juve shares have increased in value by 65.43 per cent (from 0.619 Euros to 1.024), while from July 1 the growth was 55.15 per cent (from 0.660 Euros to 1.024).

Calcio e Finanza point out the volume of share sales went from €19m in June to €301m in July.

With this, the club also for the first time burst through the level of €1bn in capital, specifically €1,035bn.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Well, while I also not agree with everything it helps put things in perspective. Football was growing rapidly in popularity back then and they had to find their idols, their "kings". And now myths were created and people look at them like sacred or something. That kind of articles while a bit biased but helps put things in perspective. For example, if you look at a guy like Maradona his biggest achievements were 2 Serie A with Napoli. Other than that, that WC he got and that hand of god goal is just a red card and expulsion. They wouldn't make it. There will also not be any goal of century as they say afterwards. The guy was a good player and became praised like a god due to Falklands War. You look then at what happened in 94, when the FIFA presidents had to intervene to hide his drugs consumption. Can't take seriously a guy like that.

One thing I really appreciate about CR7 is that he's clean. He doesn't want to line up with all that FIFA bullshit. Even that fucking Blatter mocked him and he dedicated an hattrick to him. Became my idol.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Fraud... after Max master plan to create so many easy and clean options only for him... how many more sitters he would missed? Honestly it´s impossible to create more chances for him...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
So unlucky today, he has been close to a few half chances but the ball just hasn't fallen for him.

Just shows how hard it is for strikers in this team, doesn't help that it was a pretty uncreative starting line-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 243)