Cristiano Ronaldo (82 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
My guess would be speaking negatively about fellow players and staff or the club is probably in that realm.

I'm speculating what it could have been, but I have seen Man U trying to cancel his contract for cause vs mutual termination. Kind of like the Ricky Williams deal ages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, I've worked for companies who had Social Media policies about negative press and employment.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How did he breach his contract?
They almost always have obligations about not discrediting the club in public and such. There's also the fact that Ronaldo made it impossible to continue working with him. When a party unilaterally undermines the execution of a contract, you can have the contract terminated in a lot of countries.

It's going to end in a big settlement though, because United are never hesitant to burn some money.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
They almost always have obligations about not discrediting the club in public and such. There's also the fact that Ronaldo made it impossible to continue working with him. When a party unilaterally undermines the execution of a contract, you can have the contract terminated in a lot of countries.

It's going to end in a big settlement though, because United are never hesitant to burn some money.
players don't have a regular work contract though. fifa regulates this and they make clubs pretty hard to terminate a contract unilaterally. it requires just cause which has a vague explanation in any fifa document i could find. ( i tried to look it up when we had that terrible run recently as the same goes for coaches, and it's really not that well explained.)

i also think that they'll reach some agreement. players very rarely get fired. i can't really remember any honestly.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
players don't have a regular work contract though. fifa regulates this and they make clubs pretty hard to terminate a contract unilaterally. it requires just cause which has a vague explanation in any fifa document i could find. ( i tried to look it up when we had that terrible run recently as the same goes for coaches, and it's really not that well explained.)

i also think that they'll reach some agreement. players very rarely get fired. i can't really remember any honestly.

I think that always has a pretty vague explanation, because it depends on the circumstances. To me termination would be justified, mostly because Ronaldo has made further collaboration impossible.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Come on. Not to defend his petulance, but let's not act like this is the first time a player has publicly fallen out with his manager.

Get Samuel E'to or Zlatan a few beers and ask them why Pep Guardiola is a genius.

Breach of contract is when you ain't got anything better.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Come on. Not to defend his petulance, but let's not act like this is the first time a player has publicly fallen out with his manager.

Get Samuel E'to or Zlatan a few beers and ask them why Pep Guardiola is a genius.
They didn't go out and give interviews to Piers Morgan ( :lol2: ) though, while being employed by Barcelona.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
He would never lower his demands but lowkey I would take him back on 2-3m wages.

He has the instincts to be a striker and with 3ATB and playing more of a 2 striker formation, I don't hate it.

A problem would be he likes to make everything about himself and he was here when we had leaders in the locker room to control the team. Without Chiellini, Buffon in the locker room, his lack of selfless leadership could be very problematic. Also he'd want to take freekicks and the team would be trying to play through him too much at times.

But yeah I would take him back on insanely low wages in a heartbeat.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He would never lower his demands but lowkey I would take him back on 2-3m wages.
the only benefit would be the inevitable interview with zazzaroni or varriale where he'd expose jihadball, agnelli wanting to bone georgina at some point, nedved drinking more than a whole team of eastern european gardeners, and tici being an idiot when he masterly scouted arthur :baus:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
the only benefit would be the inevitable interview with zazzaroni or varriale where he'd expose jihadball, agnelli wanting to bone georgina at some point, nedved drinking more than a whole team of eastern european gardeners, and tici being an idiot when he masterly scouted arthur :baus:
I mean, he still can score. Just not at the shithole called ManU. But yeah, he's probably close to being done and cannot come to terms with that.

Sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)