Cristiano Ronaldo (253 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
And hindsight shows that we really did not need him at all, arguably.
True, we have suck with him and also without him. Though I give him little blame to sucking with him. Thing is by the league table we suck more without him this year. Max resume says >>> Sarri and way >>>>> than Pirlo but we're in a worst position than under those two guys. Hopefully Max can overcome Juve's present issues and get 4th place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
LOL waiting for posters here probably saying he's crying because he won't be able to score any more goals that year in CL. The guy wants to WIN and he is a proven WINNER!

What about the moments in Max' last year where CR7 would be pressing and waving for others to join him to no avail. I understand that wasn't what Max wanted and no player should dictate the style of play over a manager. This guy was no normal player. So maybe lay blame for Juve shortcomings to CR7 for not following Max's plan? LOL no way.

In all sports good/great coaches can adapt to the players abilities they have at hand and adjust their preferred style of play to get the most out of these players. You got the GOAT at hand and we all know Max did very little to work along with CR7 from the get go. Honestly it made no sense to me at the time. Right now Max has his system and enough quality to get 4th place. I LOL hard when suggested Max needs this player, and that player, to succeed. If you got a round block trying to fit into a square hole, change the hole to round.

May 23, 2013
Jorginho finishing ahead of CR7 in the BDor ranking was hilariously bad, but tbh Ronaldo is crying too much about his placement. He was no way a top 3 player this year, Lewandowski, Messi, Benzema and Salah were all clearly superior.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Jorginho finishing ahead of CR7 in the BDor ranking was hilariously bad, but tbh Ronaldo is crying too much about his placement. He was no way a top 3 player this year, Lewandowski, Messi, Benzema and Salah were all clearly superior.
ronaldo did great on an individual level, much better than benzema, especially if we just look at the total numbers and generously forget those matches when he failed when money time came (like porto return leg, or portugal's important qualifiers).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
LOL waiting for posters here probably saying he's crying because he won't be able to score any more goals that year in CL. The guy wants to WIN and he is a proven WINNER!

What about the moments in Max' last year where CR7 would be pressing and waving for others to join him to no avail. I understand that wasn't what Max wanted and no player should dictate the style of play over a manager. This guy was no normal player. So maybe lay blame for Juve shortcomings to CR7 for not following Max's plan? LOL no way.

In all sports good/great coaches can adapt to the players abilities they have at hand and adjust their preferred style of play to get the most out of these players. You got the GOAT at hand and we all know Max did very little to work along with CR7 from the get go. Honestly it made no sense to me at the time. Right now Max has his system and enough quality to get 4th place. I LOL hard when suggested Max needs this player, and that player, to succeed. If you got a round block trying to fit into a square hole, change the hole to round.
Given his defensive set piece play on the losing goal leading to that video, are you really going with this??

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Context.

For all his crying in the moment, I felt he shouldered much of the blame of why Juve got knocked out by Porto at the end of the tie.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Context.

For all his crying in the moment, I felt he shouldered much of the blame of why Juve got knocked out by Porto at the end of the tie.
Okay, my misunderstanding swag. Exactly, yes you right CR7 did of course felt it was his fault which I guess it was. I was just pointing out as much he loves his individual feats, WINNING is what he is all about IMO. Maybe wouldn't be crying but losing regardless if his fault must have hurt him. Not enough players on this team have that trait.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
He was by far our most consistent goal scorer and match winner when he was here. He played well in most of his matches, kept himself in optimal shape for a senior player too. Our Euro 2020 Italian heroes have not kept up their winning performances while he's moved on and already made an impact for United. I don't think people appreciate how great a professional he is and the fact is that if our players worked as hard as him, we'd easily be in the top 4 now.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
He was by far our most consistent goal scorer and match winner when he was here. He played well in most of his matches, kept himself in optimal shape for a senior player too. Our Euro 2020 Italian heroes have not kept up their winning performances while he's moved on and already made an impact for United. I don't think people appreciate how great a professional he is and the fact is that if our players worked as hard as him, we'd easily be in the top 4 now.
Have we calculated where United would be without his goals?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Wow, surprised to see this thread being still so active :D

Even though we're missing his goals, I'm not missing him one bit. I'm just unhappy with the club which failed to strengthen the team appropriately. Everyone knew for months that he'd leave but not our management :/

May 23, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Not directly related to Ronaldo, but how has this travesty of a thread got 4k likes :mute:

- - - Updated - - -

Mbappe is so far from Messi and Ronaldo at 22. If this becomes a common talking point I will have to reconsider the amount of recency bias is involved when people bring up past players.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Not directly related to Ronaldo, but how has this travesty of a thread got 4k likes :mute:

- - - Updated - - -

Mbappe is so far from Messi and Ronaldo at 22. If this becomes a common talking point I will have to reconsider the amount of recency bias is involved when people bring up past players.
Oh no, not the precious darling messoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 216)