Cristiano Ronaldo (173 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
In all seriousness Ronaldo could still be a top player if he just adjusted his game and evolved into a pure 9. There is no reason he couldn’t do it at a high level. He just doesn’t want to get a little dirty. Bet that’s what Max wanted from him.
i remember with Zidane he rested a lot in la Liga to be 100% fit for UCL.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
He was also younger back then. There’s a big difference between a 33 year old and a 36 year old.
i think they should have kept him. when he left real they said this will make them better play as team but it didn't and since then Madrid are scoring 35+ goals less every season. he was fit in their system.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In all seriousness Ronaldo could still be a top player if he just adjusted his game and evolved into a pure 9. There is no reason he couldn’t do it at a high level. He just doesn’t want to get a little dirty. Bet that’s what Max wanted from him.
doesn't he play as a 9 for manure though

genuine question, i never was curious enough to watch their matches

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
doesn't he play as a 9 for manure though

genuine question, i never was curious enough to watch their matches
i don’t either really. I did watch today and he was listed as a CF but spent most of the time on the wing.

- - - Updated - - -

i think they should have kept him. when he left real they said this will make them better play as team but it didn't and since then Madrid are scoring 35+ goals less every season. he was fit in their system.
ronaldo wasn’t the only reason though. Everyone on that club got older and they delayed starting a new cycle

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Real Madrid did the right thing by letting Ronaldo go. They got a big fee for him and could start a new cycle. By letting him stay they would just drag the inevitable on, Barca is a good example of this.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
How is that new cycle working out for them so far
They won La Liga in 2020 and became runners up last year with the league being decided on the last matchday.

Sure they haven't been the same in the CL, but even with Ronaldo on board they would not dominate like 2014-18 style.

They needed to rebuild, and keeping Ronaldo wasn't the solution really. It was difficult the first 1-2 seasons without him, but they're also suffering from Ramos being old/gone, Varane leaving, Modric old, Kroos older, Bale washed up and so on.

They had a perfect well oiled machine in those years. Now they're trying to start something new.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about, man? How's that new cycle? What new cycle? With whom? With what? Did any new winds really blow after the CR7 left? Barca and Real are in the same shit.
Lol not at all, Barca are in way deeper shit. Their whole identity was evolving around Messi.

While Ronaldo was very important for Real Madrid was he not as important for them as Messi was for Barca.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
They wasted that money on Hazard who has been a flop though.
Yes, very true. And buying Hazard was stupid in so many ways, not just because of the fee and his contract length with Chelsea expring shortly after, but also because of him turning 30 so shortly after.

Not to forget he's the total opposite of professional in terms of his lifestyle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 154)