Cristiano Ronaldo (117 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They won La Liga in 2020 and became runners up last year with the league being decided on the last matchday.

Sure they haven't been the same in the CL, but even with Ronaldo on board they would not dominate like 2014-18 style.

They needed to rebuild, and keeping Ronaldo wasn't the solution really. It was difficult the first 1-2 seasons without him, but they're also suffering from Ramos being old/gone, Varane leaving, Modric old, Kroos older, Bale washed up and so on.

They had a perfect well oiled machine in those years. Now they're trying to start something new.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol not at all, Barca are in way deeper shit. Their whole identity was evolving around Messi.

While Ronaldo was very important for Real Madrid was he not as important for them as Messi was for Barca.
Only reason it took that long, is because barcelona was an even bigger mess.

Id argue that from all players listed, Ronaldo was the one that should have stayed. Easy to rebuild midfields when you have the most lethal striker on the planet. They could have done their midfield first and get a new forward when that was working

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ronaldo stalkers are one thing. Ronaldo not being the best 'team player' or moving his ego aside to just be the central striker and bang in the goals is another. I can't think of many others who I'd want finishing a chance, maybe Lewandowski or Kane, but I think he still wants to be part of the attacking build up and get into wide areas at this stage.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Only reason it took that long, is because barcelona was an even bigger mess.

Id argue that from all players listed, Ronaldo was the one that should have stayed. Easy to rebuild midfields when you have the most lethal striker on the planet. They could have done their midfield first and get a new forward when that was working
You could say so, but I'm still of the impression Real did the right thing.

Of course did it harm them massively to sell Ronaldo, but letting him stay they would just push their problems further down the road. They also got a very good price for him, although they just flushed it down the toilet with the Hazard transfer.

But if they didn't sell him the time they did they wouldn't have been able to get a big fee. It was the last chance bofore he got too old for those sums.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Against Luxembourg with two being penals

As big a news as Kean scoring brace against Lithuania

- - - Updated - - -

I like how they are attacking Ronaldo for united's lack of ideas. Like. What? What are you talking about? Since when did they have that? Especially under Solskjaer they've relied on individual brilliance. It has nothing to do with Ronaldo, except it is even more visible now.
You're not giving enough credit to their CMs, including Pogba, who should be playing further up

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
This thread is gonna be similar to Pogbas with people celebrating his every failure like dogs dancing on lion's corpse. But dogs will be dogs and lions remain lions.
The reason for "celebrating" these types of players' "failures" is directly proportional to thier wage demands.

At 1M euros per week, the "dogs" have earned the right to demand top notch input and when CR starts to slip like he has, he will be judged harshly while he is still demanding those wages. Which is the story of pogbas life, most overrated and overpaid in recent history.

Got rid of penaldo at a great time he has nothing left to justify his rediculous wages. His one on one off the dribble ability is gone, can't play as CF except against second rate teams, shooting/finishing ability fading, fks into walls.. this guy needs an army behind him just to help him improve on his glorified stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 92)