Cristiano Ronaldo (79 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Not sure I agree concerning Barca.

They've won 2 trebles, 5 CL's and numerous Spanish titles. Admittedly is it in the last 10-15 years, but it's still very impressive.

Juve might lack the CL's, but you have a lot of domestic titles in what was for many years the strongest league in the world. You have more championships than Bayern, Barca, United and Real.

But yes the 2 CL titles is not looking good on paper comparing to the others. United might have won a single CL more than you, but they have fewer of the other European trophies. You have more Uefa Cups, Super Cups and Intercontinental cups than them.

I know the CL is important as it's the most prestigious trophy in club football, but you have a lot of other big titles as said.
Btw I think Liverpool actually bigger than MU.

- - - Updated - - -

*****Real Madrid
**** Bayern Munich, Manchester United
*** Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona, Juventus
** Internazionale, Dortmund etc...
Wtf is so great about MU? Besides amazing marketing.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Manchester United definitely embraced the marketing of their Golden Generation to their own advantage.

The golden generation plus moderate success domestically in the 90s was instrumental in their emergence as a marketed club with the tv and then dotcom boom which changed the way a club can market themselves and can grow. Perfect timing for them.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Btw I think Liverpool actually bigger than MU.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf is so great about MU? Besides amazing marketing.
Really?

I think United is bigger, but of course you can't ignore the fact that Liverpool have been way more succesful in Europe. 6 CL titles to Uniteds 3, and 3 Uefa Cups to Uniteds 1.

Liverpool dominated English football in the 70's and 80's and United in the 90's and 00's. All it takes is for Liverpool to get a few more premiership titles, then they'll be bigger for sure. But they way United won 13 PL titles in 20 years is still something very impressive.

United had the greater players though imo. Liverpool also had some iconic players, but to be fair is it few of them that can be considered some of the best ever at their respective positions.

I feel United had more of those, at least in the last 20-30 years.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Manchester United definitely embraced the marketing of their Golden Generation to their own advantage.

The golden generation plus moderate success domestically in the 90s was instrumental in their emergence as a marketed club with the tv and then dotcom boom which changed the way a club can market themselves and can grow. Perfect timing for them.
1999-2009 was their golden era.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Really?

I think United is bigger, but of course you can't ignore the fact that Liverpool have been way more succesful in Europe. 6 CL titles to Uniteds 3, and 3 Uefa Cups to Uniteds 1.

Liverpool dominated English football in the 70's and 80's and United in the 90's and 00's. All it takes is for Liverpool to get a few more premiership titles, then they'll be bigger for sure. But they way United won 13 PL titles in 20 years is still something very impressive.

United had the greater players though imo. Liverpool also had some iconic players, but to be fair is it few of them that can be considered some of the best ever at their respective positions.

I feel United had more of those, at least in the last 20-30 years.
Liverpool is for sure bigger. The only reason this is even a debate is MU's insane marketing success and Pool's 30 year failure to win EPL, which influences the perception. But objectively Liverpool is bigger. Take away SAF and they are nothing. No such thing can be said about other big clubs, it's kinda embarassing actually.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Many men in Denmark around my fathers age (late/mid 50's and start 60's), support Liverpool. The reason for this is because they grew up with something called "Tipslørdag".

This was basically just Saturday being the football day and many games from the English First Division being shown in TV, it was so nearly every weekend. And as so many came to support Liverpool as they were kids/teens/young men in the 70's and 80's and grew up seeing Liverpool being the dominant force.

You also have those that support numerous German clubs, Bayern and Gladbach was very popular also.

- - - Updated - - -

Liverpool is for sure bigger. The only reason this is even a debate is MU's insane marketing success and Pool's 30 year failure to win EPL, which influences the perception. But objectively Liverpool is bigger.
I'd take these United legends:

Van Nistelrooy, Paul Scholes, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Japp Stam, Schmeichel, Van der Sar, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Vidic, Ronaldo etc.

Over these Liverpool legends; Suarez, Torres, Gerrard, Dalglish, Allan Hansen, Souness, Mcmanaman, John Barnes, Michael Owen etc.

Honestly I got a hard time listing Liverpool legends as I feel they're lacking those GOAT players. Sure they're having legends, but how many can we say are in that GOAT category?

What Liverpool got on United is their proud history in the European Cup.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Man utd :
CL Trophy : 3
ballon d'or winner : 4

Liverpool:
CL Trophy : 6
ballon d'or winner : 1

Chelsea:
CL Trophy : 2
ballon d'or winner : 0

Real Madrid:
CL Trophy : 13
ballon d'or winner : 11

Barcelona :
CL Trophy : 5
ballon d'or winner : 12

Juventus :
ballon d'or winner : 8

Inter:
ballon d'or winner : 2

Milan:
CL Trophy : 7

Bayern:
ballon d'or winner : 5

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Man utd :
ballon d'or winner : 4

Liverpool:
ballon d'or winner : 1

Chelsea:
ballon d'or winner : 0

Real Madrid:
CL Trophy : 13
ballon d'or winner : 12

Barcelona :

Juventus :

Inter:
ballon d'or winner : 2

Milan:
CL Trophy : 7

Bayern:
ballon d'or winner : 5
Some of the numbers on this list are wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)