Cristiano Ronaldo (85 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I saw Romano´s interview on Sky today regarding this and he was all over the place with the backtracking and generalities. The only credible information that guy comes with is when he reposts other sources, which of course he didn´t here.

Allegri made a technical decision and the media ran with it, that´s all to it.
ok but has anyone asked max what that technical decision actually was? You can’t tell me Morata was a better option than Ronaldo. If it was a fitness issue, why not just say it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
ok but has anyone asked max what that technical decision actually was? You can’t tell me Morata was a better option than Ronaldo. If it was a fitness issue, why not just say it?
Yes he answered it in the postgame presser: "For this game I needed someone able to cover space, I spoke with Cristiano and told him he would be on the bench". He also mentioned the season was early and everyone was not up to their peak fitness levels.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think Allegri slowly wants to migrate from a Ronaldo dependent formation. Ronaldo is a professional, but it's clear he wanted to leave this summer. He'll be gone come summer 2022. Allegri probably wants to figure out what formation works without Ronaldo, so he can somewhat commit to it going into next season. This will invariably impact the club's decisions in the summer mercato, and possibly the winter mercato, if some tweaks are needed.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
So, when will we sell this stumbling block ? and move free that 31m burden wages ?
You will surprise to see that we will actually play better without him, the keyword is balance. Without him we will have more balance squad and makes us more unpredictable. Knowing that he and Dybala only have 1 year left on their contract the board actually should pick one at first and go on with that

Sell one and extend one and finish this deal fast (after EURO finish) and move on so we can improve the other key areas to improve the balance

My only wish is we sell him fast and at the end of the season if we score more total goals than the last 3 seasons (something that will be a real prove that we better without him)

1st we can see overall improvement and involvement in the play from our other players, the goals will distributed more evenly between chiesa, Dybala, Morata and Kulu, thus will have a happy attacking line. Then with happy attacking line, we will see them playing and scoring for fun

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)