Cristiano Ronaldo (61 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We should get more young players in our ranks, lads that will be inspired with CR7 work ethics and work as hard as CR7
If only we have player like Chiesa in our ranks, maybe he will develop to be world beater if he work his asses in training more the way CR7 train

I am courious what is my first reaction on CR7 transfer and after some search the post above is my second post about him in this thread and this is only the upside from him, still can't overcome that 31m salary + 118m transfer tough. My first post one about his rivalry with Messi, both are great players but neither is worth to buy for that kind of money. We better spend to rebuild and strengthen different area

And just stumble @Cronios first post about him, we enter the golden era, hmmm is that true ?? GOLDEN ERA ? More like a shitty 3 years, lost financially just to paid his ass, get worse in sporting results every year. So we must be happy if Cronios does not agree with Locatelli transfer, that means we already in the right track
Stop being such a Messi fanboy!
CR7 is a our top scorer every year and a consistant performer. The financial revenue from TV rights, jerseys and even tickets surely justifies his salary. No other player in the world can generate income like him.
It could have been a golden era if we were buying a couple of starters every year, instead of wasting it on mediocrity, as we did.
CR7 is not at fault for that, our mngnt was.
That was the main reason we didnt become competitive, our wrong choices, each and every one was heavily criticised in every transfer window, but we never learn and keep repeating the very same mistakes again and again!
And the main reason for reduced revenue is the Covid pandemic and the situation resulted because of it. Again no CR7
Instead of paying 3 khediras, it really is better to pay one CR7, it wouldn't be much better if we had Messi instead!

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Stop being such a Messi fanboy!
CR7 is a our top scorer every year and a consistant performer. The financial revenue from TV rights, jerseys and even tickets surely justifies his salary. No other player in the world can generate income like him.
It could have been a golden era if we were buying a couple of starters every year, instead of wasting it on mediocrity, as we did.
CR7 is not at fault for that, our mngnt was.
That was the main reason we didnt become competitive, our wrong choices, each and every one was heavily criticised in every transfer window, but we never learn and keep repeating the very same mistakes again and again!
And the main reason for reduced revenue is the Covid pandemic and the situation resulted because of it. Again no CR7
Instead of paying 3 khediras, it really is better to pay one CR7, it wouldn't be much better if we had Messi instead!
Will be back at you if Messi's PSG win UCL at their first try, maybe PSG fans shitting their pants like you shit your pants with this transfer. But like I said, both are not worth it for the kind of money we spend. But I will take both in a heartbeat if that is a free transfer. My only hope is he prove that with winning UCL in first try, but next year after CR7 come they fail and get clashed every time they get penalty or blame each other for missing sitters. That will be epic

If we are looking for Golden Era that kind of money better spent for the like of Mbappe, Haaland, Camavinga, or other upcoming talents that will emerged who younger and will have resale value in the future. With that kind of player I solely believe we can achieve the same or better results with what we achieve the last 3 years with the same coach of those 3 years. And we will end up in better place overall now

And please check again your fact, we already bleeding before the covid tough, covid is just like salt in already bleeding flesh

Apr 19, 2007
The fact state otherwise for us tough, from my point of view we get a washed up massive salary high ego players while throw away 118m in transfer and 54m euro every year. Even after 3 year PSG take Messi in free transfer when he is relatively the same ages with when CR7 come to us happen, so I really think this is okayish transfer if we actually getting him on free transfer and the high wages will be justified as a spread of his transfer pay

CR7 never get the 50+ goals season anymore with us, that is the real prove that we overspent for already past his prime athlete. We paid him all this 3 years (our total expenditure on him) probably more than what Madrid paid him for all his tenure there for more years (while he is in prime). For the kind of money that we spend on him I expect an 50+ goals contribution (goals+assists) every season in and out. As comparison Lewandowski get 53, 65,65 goals contribution in the last 3 years. Haaland get 54 and 53 goals contribution in the last 2 years. While CR7 only getting 39,44 and 40 goals contribution with us. With those extra crucial 10- 15 goals every season we will go further in UCL and win all title domestically. So if he get 100 goals in 3 seasons, Dortmund fans will just laugh at that record and said Haaland just did that for them in 2 seasons (fact)
Strictly on the field I agree but the game these days isnt all on the field and thats extremely evident. He has brought in a lot of attention to us and money that we would not have had otherwise. Is it worth it? Thats debatable but not mentioning the marketing while evaluating the price isnt giving an accurate view of the transfer

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This thread is living proof of the stupidity that exists in nowdays world.

Not a single team has ever performed better without him than with him, us included. We are just trying to stick with the old core just because doing the team at one sitting would be way too expensive and results were there and so are the performances of certain players, so he kind of did fit with the age of our current players. De Ligt, Chiesa, Kulusevski etc. are the next generation meanwhile Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, AS, Cuads, Marchisio, Mandzukic etc. were the core, that’s slowly dwindling away. Ronaldo goes out at the same time, when it’s time and we most likely have nobody left from that era in couple of years. Then it comes down to younger guys to carry the torch from the moment on, if not already. RM is at the same situation soon, Barca is and at some point, all the successful clubs are because they won alot with the core they had, so they had no reason to get rid of them when they were on their late 20s or early 30s while still winning trophies. And once you respect the club legends and keeping them still the end; they got no re-sale value either but why would you tell them at age 29 that we get quite alot money from you by now, so let’s part the ways? It’s just difficult thing to do. Ronaldo kind of came here to give last couple years to our core and people should have absolute nothing against it. It ain’t 10 year deal, he’s still one of the best players in the world and he’s still contributing in a way, that very few people can.

Let this be the last hurrah then, for Ronaldo, for Chiellini, for Bonucci, maybe even AS and Buffon went away already. It’s ending soon and maybe the better times are ahead or maybe not, time will tell.
Wrong!

Wrong!!

Wrong!!!

200.gif

tumblr_mup3qzOPsX1rk0k2jo1_500.gif

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
People blame Ronaldo for the finances forgetting we had 300m ready in 2020 and got f’ed by covid.

He’s gone after the season, this isn’t a long term problem like Rugani, Ramsey and others.

Root for the guy to finish on a high instead of hating.
I root for Juve. If Ronaldo does well, that’s great, but I just care about Juve.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He still crying on Insta. That was a lame ass shit show he pulled off on Instagram. Journalists’ job is to talk and make stories. His job is to be a professional team player and not throw tantrums whenever he dont score a goal even if we’re leading 3-0. He is freaking 35 not 21.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Strictly on the field I agree but the game these days isnt all on the field and thats extremely evident. He has brought in a lot of attention to us and money that we would not have had otherwise. Is it worth it? Thats debatable but not mentioning the marketing while evaluating the price isnt giving an accurate view of the transfer
Look if he brought so much money from other areas we will not deficit in every years since he coming. So after all that income deduct with all expenditure we still deficit every year even before covid. Just check our financial reports. That is because we paid to much on his wages and we failed in UCL to justify those wages

While we need at least semifinal/final in every year to make sure the prize money can pay him. That is not happening, so the "another income' from sponsored money is not enough if we compare to what we can get from advanced further in UCL( almost 40-50m per year lost because we exit early). And his acquisition actually projected to get us at least in UCL Semifinal or better every year. That is where he failed the most, because we expect him to slot that goals against Ajax, Lyon or Porto of this world. If we lost against Bayern, Real or any other big teams with proper fights then that still make sense

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Dybala 32 goals since 2018
Morata 51 goals since 2018(20 goals for juve and 31 goals for both of chelsea and atletico madrid)
Ronaldo 101 goals since 2018

dybala+morata=83
Ronaldo=101
29 of the Ronaldo goals are pens though (in 34 attempts). Dybala has 3/3 and Morata 5/6. I think it's reasonable to expect both of them could score pens at a similar rate to Ronaldo and would have ~30 penalty goals if given 34 attempts.

And I'm dead sure that Dybala would consistently score at least 3-4 freekick goals every season if he had the same amount of attempts as Ronaldo, before Ronaldo came he scored 3-4 sharing the responsibility with Pjanic. Ronaldo hasn't had to share anything and has scored 1 freekick goal in 3 seasons. I'd be happy to go into the season with an actual left winger instead of Ronaldo and Dybala/Morata sharing the CF spot based on form and fitness.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
29 of the Ronaldo goals are pens though (in 34 attempts). Dybala has 3/3 and Morata 5/6. I think it's reasonable to expect both of them could score pens at a similar rate to Ronaldo and would have ~30 penalty goals if given 34 attempts. And I'm dead sure that Dybala would consistently score at least 3-4 freekick goals every season if he had the same amount of attempts as Ronaldo, before Ronaldo came he scored 3-4 sharing the responsibility with Pjanic, Ronaldo hasn't had to share anything and has scored 1 freekick goal in 3 seasons.
morata missed two penalties in Euro and im not sure about dybala.
berna is better than both of them on penalties.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
29 of the Ronaldo goals are pens though (in 34 attempts). Dybala has 3/3 and Morata 5/6. I think it's reasonable to expect both of them could score pens at a similar rate to Ronaldo and would have ~30 penalty goals if given 34 attempts. And I'm dead sure that Dybala would consistently score at least 3-4 freekick goals every season if he had the same amount of attempts as Ronaldo, before Ronaldo came he scored 3-4 sharing the responsibility with Pjanic, Ronaldo hasn't had to share anything and has scored 1 freekick goal in 3 seasons.
And if we look closely, CR7 is not clinical enough as he need so much shoot in order to getting that numbers
For last season his total shoots almost 2 times (162 vs 89) of total Lukaku shots while only getting 5 goals more than Lukaku with Lukaku getting 8 assists more than CR7. If all those shots are projected to help his teammates getting more goals we will really enter the Golden Era. why? because if we getting goals and in lead, it is relative easier for everyone to score more. Because the opponent will come out and not parking the bus anymore

If we look closely, after CR7 come, he takes the better stats while the other players goals is slump especially in terms of goal numbers. So overall our total goals is never reach the last we are without him (70,76,77) while before him we are getting 86 goals so the deficit is 16,10,9 goals from the year before him , in average is ~12 goals deficit per year

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I remember we trolled the fuck out of Siamak on his first year here, look at him now.

So proud of our boy :touched:

@Bianconero_Aus @Post Ironic @DAiDEViL @Fr3sh @AFL_ITALIA
I truly need a native speaker ! I wish I had friends from the UK, US or Aus. Indeed my favorite learning style is practicing all by myself while going hectically about the room. some youtube tutorials also helped me. But the films really affected my accent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)