Cristiano Ronaldo (160 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Forwards are the most overrated goddamn players on a football team. No one gets more credit for doing less work. I’m not saying they’re not valuable, but I’m not building around any of them. The midfield and back line are where games are won and lost imo. Just look at Juve in the past decade.
Kinda agree but it depends what forward we're talking about. Are we talking Icardi, Timo Werner, Vardy and the likes or are we talking absolute world class players like Suarez, Lewandowski and the likes?

If it's the first mentioned then you don't build shit around them, if it's the last two then you can as they're more than just strikers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Kinda agree but it depends what forward we're talking about. Are we talking Icardi, Timo Werner, Vardy and the likes or are we talking absolute world class players like Suarez, Lewandowski and the likes?

If it's the first mentioned then you don't build shit around them, if it's the last two then you can as they're more than just strikers.
I think you’re doing a disservice to Vardy there, he’s legitimately good

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Not even

FUT pleb brainwashed the football world

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think you’re doing a disservice to Vardy there, he’s legitimately good
Not saying he ain't good but he's not a striker you can build a team around imo. Maybe I didn't watch him enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even

FUT pleb brainwashed the football world
Normally I wouldn't build a team around a striker, but if this one striker is much more than just a goalscorer then you can do it. Benzema is everything in Real Madrids offensive, Lewa is most in Bayern (together with Müller), Kane in Tottenham and so on.

But ideally is a team built around a strong midfield.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Not saying he ain't good but he's not a striker you can build a team around imo. Maybe I didn't watch him enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Normally I wouldn't build a team around a striker, but if this one striker is much more than just a goalscorer then you can do it. Benzema is everything in Real Madrids offensive, Lewa is most in Bayern (together with Müller), Kane in Tottenham and so on.

But ideally is a team built around a strong midfield.
he’s great on the counter so I guess you don’t really build a team around guys like that, it’s not like he requires buildup

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
They're co-dependent.
A WC midfield with shit forwards cant do much either (re: Conte's Juve in cup comps).
An amazing midfield with a shitty attack is more likely to achieve something than an amazing attack with a shitty midfield.

This team won a Euros final 4-0 against Italy

cnwyktS.png

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
An amazing midfield with a shitty attack is more likely to achieve something than an amazing attack with a shitty midfield.

cnwyktS.png
Didn't you call Liverpools midfield bad? And it kinda is below the clubs level except Fabinho and from this season on Thiago

Jun 16, 2020
Manchester United have reportedly contacted Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo over a possible return to Old Trafford for the Portugal international.

The rumours regarding the Old Lady striker continues, as Juventus risk missing out on the Champions League next season.

The speculation was fuelled by the removal of his luxury cars from his Turin villa and Spanish newspaper AS reports he could be heading back to the Red Devils.

The report claims the Premier League giants are trying to bring Ronaldo back 12 years after his departure to Real Madrid and that the complicated operation is starting to take shape.
United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has, according to the newspaper, already talked to the Portuguese superstar over the phone and the 36-year-old would reportedly be happy to move back to Manchester.
But the Madrid based paper highlights that no decision has been made, as Juventus’ end to the campaign could play an important role in Ronaldo’s choice.
This weekend, the Bianconeri play for a place in the Champions League and Ronaldo has a contract with Juventus until June 2022 worth €30m a season.
Reports in Italy have suggested Ronaldo will leave should Juventus miss out on a place in the prestigious competition, and it could be an opportunity for the Old Lady to get rid of his huge wages.
The Old Lady have reportedly set a price-tag of €25m for the former Los Blancos hero and Manchester United could be the solution.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Manchester United have reportedly contacted Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo over a possible return to Old Trafford for the Portugal international.

The rumours regarding the Old Lady striker continues, as Juventus risk missing out on the Champions League next season.

The speculation was fuelled by the removal of his luxury cars from his Turin villa and Spanish newspaper AS reports he could be heading back to the Red Devils.

The report claims the Premier League giants are trying to bring Ronaldo back 12 years after his departure to Real Madrid and that the complicated operation is starting to take shape.
United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has, according to the newspaper, already talked to the Portuguese superstar over the phone and the 36-year-old would reportedly be happy to move back to Manchester.
But the Madrid based paper highlights that no decision has been made, as Juventus’ end to the campaign could play an important role in Ronaldo’s choice.
This weekend, the Bianconeri play for a place in the Champions League and Ronaldo has a contract with Juventus until June 2022 worth €30m a season.
Reports in Italy have suggested Ronaldo will leave should Juventus miss out on a place in the prestigious competition, and it could be an opportunity for the Old Lady to get rid of his huge wages.
The Old Lady have reportedly set a price-tag of €25m for the former Los Blancos hero and Manchester United could be the solution.
He will leave regardless of our CL qualification - he knows we're not competing for CL even if we qualify. Hiring ZZ could change his mind, otherwise he will go elsewhere.

United could be an option as they are loaded with cash but watch out for my #1 pick - PSG. More and more rumors popping out now that Mbappe won't sign a new deal and he's trying to force a move to Real.

This is going to be an interesting Summer.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

cnwyktS.png
They didn't even have proper 9 and instead they copied Barca's system and played with Fabregas being false 9. Total domination at that time, with Barca's core. And they got alot attacking minded players in there who can score goals, so they had "attack" for sure. Attack doesn't mean you got 3 strikers.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What we failed to achieve with Ronaldo is score more goals as a team. I am looking at Real's La Liga stats from the last 3 seasons where they scored 63, 70, and 65 goals respectively (without Ronaldo), while in the last 3 seasons with Ronaldo their numbers were: 94, 106, 110. It's clear that the other Real players are scoring as much as before, but they are missing Ronaldo's 30-40 goals per season (Real are scoring 37 goals less on average after Ronaldo left them).

With us, though, almost as if nothing has changed. In the three pre-Ronaldo seasons we scored: 86, 77, 75 goals in serie A, while with Ronaldo the numbers are: 73, 76, 70. It's almost the same, and slightly worse (on average we are scoring 6 goals less per season with Ronaldo, compared to the seasons before he joined).

Even in the striking department, the numbers are more or less the same. The strikers in 2019-2021 are scoring: 42, 50, 41, while before Ronaldo it was: 43, 43, 41.
As if nothing has changed, except that Ronaldo alone is now scoring the goals that previously were being scored by Higuain+Mandzukic, or Dybala+Mandzukic. But we failed to add Ronaldo's goals to what we already had.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2005
What we failed to achieve with Ronaldo is score more goals as a team. I am looking at Real's La Liga stats from the last 3 seasons where they scored 63, 70, and 65 goals respectively (without Ronaldo), while in the last 3 seasons with Ronaldo their numbers were: 94, 106, 110. It's clear that the other Real players are scoring as much as before, but they are missing Ronaldo's 30-40 goals per season (Real are scoring 37 goals less on average after Ronaldo left them).

With us, though, almost as if nothing has changed. In the three pre-Ronaldo seasons we scored: 86, 77, 75 goals in serie A, while with Ronaldo the numbers are: 73, 76, 70. It's almost the same, and slightly worse (on average we are scoring 6 goals less per season with Ronaldo, compared to the seasons before he joined).

Even in the striking department, the numbers are more or less the same. The strikers in 2019-2021 are scoring: 42, 50, 41, while before Ronaldo it was: 43, 43, 41.
As if nothing has changed, except that Ronaldo alone is now scoring the goals that previously were being scored by Higuain+Mandzukic, or Dybala+Mandzukic. But we failed to add Ronaldo's goals to what we already had.
Absolutely true and directly reflecting our issue
CR7 delivered what is expected,, it is other players not scoring,, or our whole game is not attacking enough for others to have opportunities to score.

It would great if there is a comparison on scoring opportunities/shots stats by both team in the last 3 season.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

Are you implying that our players simply lose determination when they play with Ronaldo? They just assume that they can jog around and wait for him to score?
Gosh...our players are turning into Khediras

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Why would Pirlo bench our only attacking threat that happens to be Ronaldo? I would play with 3 strikers in a game like this, make it rain goals, doesn’t matter if we concede. We need to win at all costs. Pirlo is so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 114)