Cristiano Ronaldo (72 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No. Just... No. Always injured and with huge salary. We should focus on younger players with lower salaries like Chiesa, Aouar etc.
This. All these market opportunities for guys on their way down or at least injury prone are exactly what has hurt us the most in recent years.

Douglas Costa, Higuain, Bonucci, Khedira, Ramsey,...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
it’s not that far fetched. He had a couple years where he was the best player in the PL with only Messi/Ronaldo as clear superiors
He was best in EPL maybe one year, and even then I never had him over Neymar for example. Or Lewa. That's him at his peak, other years he's more behind

- - - Updated - - -

1.CR7
2.Messi
3.Neymar
Any season of his career, I don't consider him so high. And overall it's also not true

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He was best in EPL maybe one year, and even then I never had him over Neymar for example. Or Lewa. That's him at his peak, other years he's more behind

- - - Updated - - -

Any season of his career, I don't consider him so high. And overall it's also not true
I mean, that’s just like your opinion dude

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Top 3 seriously? I never had him that high

Eden Hazard has FOUR non penalty champions league goals in 55 matches. One of those 4 was a 90th minute goal in a 6-0 win at home to Maribor, 2 in one match in GS stage against Roma and the fourth was a late third goal in a 3-0 win at Schalke. There's not a single person on this planet that can defend Eden Hazard and his absolutely dreadful CL return for a so called superstar. He will always to me be regarded as a very good footballer who had world class games but one of the most overrated players of all time.

Him being overrated is evident by people hyping his 18/19 campaign when 25 of his 31 goals/assists came against sides 10th-20th.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Eden Hazard has FOUR non penalty champions league goals in 55 matches. One of those 4 was a 90th minute goal in a 6-0 win at home to Maribor, 2 in one match in GS stage against Roma and the fourth was a late third goal in a 3-0 win at Schalke. There's not a single person on this planet that can defend Eden Hazard and his absolutely dreadful CL return for a so called superstar. He will always to me be regarded as a very good footballer who had world class games but one of the most overrated players of all time.

Him being overrated is evident by people hyping his 18/19 campaign when 25 of his 31 goals/assists came against sides 10th-20th.
Ok its fine but he is not a striker. It's like saying Robben was shit because he didnt score enough. Not that I rate Hazard higly myself (I would definitely not sign), but CL goal numbers is not a right criteria for judging him IMO.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Ok its fine but he is not a striker. It's like saying Robben was shit because he didnt score enough.
He is a attacking forward? wingers in modern games score lots of goals and affect the game not just dribble,dribble, and go into blind alleys looking for fouls.

Robben scored lots of goals in league and Cl plus assists?:lol: 4 non pen goals and 9 goals in total in 55 CL matches is a pathetic return.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How many Robben had? Look up Ribery too while youre at it :D just out of curiosity.
Ribery was never known as a goal scorer but as a creator. He barely scored 10 or more goals in the league only a few times in his career. Hazard has had seasons with around 15 goals in EPL 3-4 times, and he scored 20 in Ligue 1 before leaving for Chelsea. Even then, Ribery scored twice as many goals and twice as many assists in thejr CL careers, in some 30 more games. Robben is another level

And thats beside the point. He was never a top 3 player on the planet, not even top 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)