Cristiano Ronaldo rumour again (1 Viewer)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
My God, Andy! You may get me to change my mind about all this. Nice points! :thumbs:
Your baised towards the Portuguese, you dont need Andy to change your mind. :p

Good points by Hide too, we should definitly go for him if possible.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

But I had a mind to change to begin with. ;)

Andy makes a great point about all those claiming Palladino hasn't been given a chance to live up to his potential, whereas here Ronaldo is already doing it and then some at the same age.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

Swag a Portuguese, I never knew that!

While Ronaldo will be doing some step-overs, at least we know, he won't do it standing still meaningless flicking his legs right or left. He will go past players, and add speed for a change.:pint:

I must say, at least on football matters, I agree with Andy a lot, bar Barzagli.:D

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
I place my bet that C.Ron is definitely not coming to Juventus...it's only a matter of thrash talk. How could MU let go one of its biggest asset? come on..this guy has outscored wayne rooney for God sake! he's the 2nd top scorer in epl and from midfield position, he's the numero uno scorer!! one of the candidate for epl footballer of the year..
he's not coming, not in 1 million light years..
and some of you prefer palladino instead of C.Ron?
I really want to laugh..
i know we are desparate to look for a new del piero, but so faR i havem;t see the future no.10 yet in current juve squad!
C.Ron has been proven domestic and internationally...where as Palladino is just a new comer that has not been proven thoroughly yet,and dun forget CR has huge commercial potential all over d world, my young brother is his no.1 fans which captured both of his home and away jersey...
i think sir alex is not old and blur enough to set up this kind of deal w Juve..
end of story.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I think the epl is more physical. The Italian is more technical, it's more about organisation. Epl is just run to the ball.
I agree. Whenever I see Serie A matches, one of the first things all teams do (& this include the big ones), is to double up if players such as Kaka, Zizou, Veron receives the ball. This naturally foots premium on players who sees passes than dribblers. Having said that Andy is correct in mentioning the decline of general standards of defending in the league over past couple of years. Teams like Palermo & Fiorentina are as attacking as any team you will find in EPL. And more importantly, Ronaldo is still young player with rooms to improve! All players are somewhat wild at age 22, and they generally gets disciplined with age.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I place my bet that C.Ron is definitely not coming to Juventus...it's only a matter of thrash talk. How could MU let go one of its biggest asset? come on..this guy has outscored wayne rooney for God sake! he's the 2nd top scorer in epl and from midfield position, he's the numero uno scorer!! one of the candidate for epl footballer of the year..
he's not coming, not in 1 million light years..
and some of you prefer palladino instead of C.Ron?
I really want to laugh..
i know we are desparate to look for a new del piero, but so faR i havem;t see the future no.10 yet in current juve squad!
C.Ron has been proven domestic and internationally...where as Palladino is just a new comer that has not been proven thoroughly yet,and dun forget CR has huge commercial potential all over d world, my young brother is his no.1 fans which captured both of his home and away jersey...
i think sir alex is not old and blur enough to set up this kind of deal w Juve..
end of story.
I am willing to bet Ronaldo will leave ManUre by the age of 26. But He certainly won't go this year (ManUre would be nuts), and not to a team who won't compete in CL. But you are right, if he does want to come here, we must'nt refuse. He is too good for that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Cristiano is the only ManU player I like, since Eric Cantona. I'd be happy if we can get him. He'd be a great replacement for Nedved as a playmaker too.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Cristiano is the only ManU player I like, since Eric Cantona. I'd be happy if we can get him.
now every1 in italy knows that no1 likes a smart ass cocky trickster as zlatan found out, i wud pay man utd to ensure we dont get ronaldo, hes not suited for italy, nor juventus, he is not a fighter, i see ronaldo as a mercenary who still has alot to learn to this game

Jan 7, 2007
We'll just have to wait & see. It's not often you get the opportunity to get a talent like that on your team. Personally, I think Man U is crazy to think of moving him. But, if the rumors are true, they will get alot in return.

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
I think the epl is more physical. The Italian is more technical, it's more about organisation. Epl is just run to the ball.
Exactly.

This is why Ronaldo, as great as he is in the EPL, can be that much better in Italy.

The English league has bigger and faster guys. In Serie A, Ronaldo would be one of the fastest, if not the fastest. Also, he'll have more chances for 1-on-1 dribbling, which is forbidden in the English game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)