Cristiano Ronaldo rumour again (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Strange that you guys want Palladino to stay more than Trezeguet. It's outrageous, almost. Trez got history with us, Palladino doesn't.
Reading the book A Season in Verona covering the 2000 season, it's something to still see Trez and DP up front where virtually every other club has been forced to changed their attack formula several times over in that time.

It won't last forever, but that kind of service consistency is impressive regardless.

FK Zeljo

Mar 19, 2006
C. Ronaldo is a quality player without a doubt, but there is no way Juve should give up Palladino, especially not Trezeguet for him. It would be great if another deal could be arranged, but i'm not so sure Juve would gain anything from that transfer.

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
We need to keep Palladino, CR7 would get crushed in every game and wouldn't be able to dribble like he's used to do.

He also costs a bundle in wages. My guess is that he'd like some CL next year too so...
Critics say he wouldn't last in England, but he has thrived.

I consider the English game to be more physical than the Italian one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I believe you have to take this deal. Trezeguet is only getting older and might want to leave the club anyway, while Palladino is still an untested player and absolutely not a "new Del Piero," lets not fool ourselves here. While I believe we should hold on to our youngsters, no matter what people say here Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than Palladino right now while both being approximately the same age. Ronaldo's form in perhaps the top league in the world this season has been remarkable... probably being the best winger in world football and certainly in the EPL.

If this deal is indeed true, which I highly doubt because it would probably turn out imbecilic on Manure's part, we should take it and run. There is no question over Ronaldo's talent nor skill, however there are all sorts of questions over Palladino's skill and Trezeguet's reoccuring injuries and possible departure. Sorry, folks, that's the way it is.

And while I am absolutely not a fan of Cristiano, he is not a Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I assure you that. Just look at all he gives Manure.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Yeah come on guys, what's not to like about this? Sure I love Trezeguet and Palladino has been doing well this season, but Ronaldo is a very special player. These days he doesn't dive [not that much :p] and his class is undeniable. Once in a while he's annoying, but nothing like Zlatan. And he's far, far, far more annoying for the other team. However I do think we would have to change our formation for him - a small price to say.

Unfortunately there's no way he's coming. Even after the WC, when all of England hated him, MUFC turned down a bid from Real Madrid. I distinctly remember them saying, "Cristiano is one of United's best young players, and United are not in the habit of selling their best young players." So...there you have it. Too bad for us.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
Strange that you guys want Palladino to stay more than Trezeguet. It's outrageous, almost. Trez got history with us, Palladino doesn't.
I don't want to see Trezeguet go but if he wants to leave at the end of the season let's get something of value in return. Ronaldo has a huge upside to him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Critics say he wouldn't last in England, but he has thrived.

I consider the English game to be more physical than the Italian one.
English is more open, defenses in Italy are tight and he would not be as good as he is now. Like I said before, Trez and $$$ for him I'm in. You can even add De Ceglie.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
English is more open, defenses in Italy are tight and he would not be as good as he is now. Like I said before, Trez and $$$ for him I'm in. You can even add De Ceglie.
Defenses in Italy are not as good as they used to be.

But as many have already said... they won't relinquish Ronaldo.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
:agree: thats what I wanted to say. And Palladino might to be a talent, but noone knows in which direction would throttle his career(you cant make a judgement about somebody only after he played 4-5 good games)

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
However, Palladino has future with us. Trez... With all due respect to his history with us, during this season I sometimes get the feeling he doesn't give us his all. But that's just me...
Hey man, Trez is one of the best strikers in the world! Maybe he wouldnt have a good season, but in the next makes 20 goals;)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Any other player named Ronaldo linked with us, beside this two that I'm aware of ...? :eyebrows:
nope dont worry just this ronaldo, i dont think any one on this forum would want the other fat ronaldo at juve. if i am not mistakened i read that ronaldo is heading to milan, he is just waiting for both boards at milan and madrid to sort things out.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Considering Trezeguet's contract situation and age, you just cant say no to this deal, if ManUre did indeed offered us to buy Ronaldo (I know Fergie is old, but not that old judging by this year's performance). Palladino wouldnt even fetch us 5m Euro in the open market (I remember Udinese got him virtually for nothing over this summer), and as much as he sounds like an interesting talent, we are talking about Ronaldo here. I am not as pessimistic on Palladino as many are here, simply because with young players, you just don't know their growth curve, but Ronaldo, regardless of how young he is, already one of the best player in the world (Its probably a bit stretching to say he is better than Dinho or Kaka, but he is almost up their level).

But if the board is looking to Christiano type player, then they are in a business IMO. This means lacks a bit of dynamism up front, and players such as Robinho and Ronaldo, would add extra dimension to this team.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I believe you have to take this deal. Trezeguet is only getting older and might want to leave the club anyway, while Palladino is still an untested player and absolutely not a "new Del Piero," lets not fool ourselves here. While I believe we should hold on to our youngsters, no matter what people say here Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than Palladino right now while both being approximately the same age. Ronaldo's form in perhaps the top league in the world this season has been remarkable... probably being the best winger in world football and certainly in the EPL.

If this deal is indeed true, which I highly doubt because it would probably turn out imbecilic on Manure's part, we should take it and run. There is no question over Ronaldo's talent nor skill, however there are all sorts of questions over Palladino's skill and Trezeguet's reoccuring injuries and possible departure. Sorry, folks, that's the way it is.

And while I am absolutely not a fan of Cristiano, he is not a Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I assure you that. Just look at all he gives Manure.
My God, Andy! You may get me to change my mind about all this. Nice points! :thumbs:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)