Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the World (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Since when is the case that 2 scored goals is not a good performance? Please enlighten me cause as far as I know, in football goals count the most, even if Rooney didn´t have a brilliant performance.....you should know that cause you have a good football knowledge.

Exactly. But for some people even 2 scored goals isn´t enough. :disagree:
go back to my post and tell me where i said he had a bad performance?

i just said he wasn't the best on field, as i thought that Fletcher and scholes were much better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
i was talking to a utd fan who is a close friend of mine, and i told him imagine having this as your midfield:

---------------lone striker--------------------
Messi-------------Kaka----------C Ronaldo
---------------Pirlo--------Gattuso

that would kick ass, and he said it wouldn't be fair for all the other teams in the world, Milan have 3 out of those 6 elements, and should take advantage of it
That team would actually fail... big time IMHO

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I stil can't say for certain, there's just too much raw talent with all of those guys, plus Gattuso can make all of the difference on the defensive aspect. But what's for sure we will never see it happen, in Italy. :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well, you said Barca manages to make it work, but the thing is everybody knows that Ronaldinho is the main playmaker, then comes Deco and Messi is a young talent who does his thing. But Messi, Kaka and Cristiano together? naaah they have too much of a same status, anyway, u know what I mean :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

-----------Marquez/Gattuso---------

-------Xavi/Pirlo------Deco/Kaka------

Messi---------------------Ronnie/C.Ronaldo

------------------Striker--------------

It's not much different at all, I'd actually prefer our imaginary version. :D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
go back to my post and tell me where i said he had a bad performance?

i just said he wasn't the best on field, as i thought that Fletcher and scholes were much better.
I would die to have a player who is not the best on the field, but scores 2 goals every match. He got the job done and was voted as best ManUtd player last night.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I would die to have a player who is not the best on the field, but scores 2 goals every match. He got the job done and was voted as best ManUtd player last night.
we already do

count how many times Trezi scored twice and he wasn't the best on field.Same goes to Alex.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
@satee- you are right by the way scholes and fletch were outstanding for man u, their best players by a long way with their energy and passing.

still kaka was teh shining light on that pitch, just a pity for milan that they rely so heavily on him and gatusso

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Rooney did what a striker is supposed to do.But then again,he isnt a out and out striker like Trezeguet or Inzaghi.He does a lot more than that for Manchester United.And he didnt do all of that yesterday.Nesta owned him througout the match.Though the 2 goals do make him look like a great performer yesterday.His overall game wasnt all that great last night.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Rooney did what a striker is supposed to do.But then again,he isnt a out and out striker like Trezeguet or Inzaghi.He does a lot more than that for Manchester United.And he didnt do all of that yesterday.Nesta owned him througout the match.Though the 2 goals do make him look like a great performer yesterday.His overall game wasnt all that great last night.
His overall game wasn´t brilliant, but the 2 goals give him 2 points up in his rating. He escaped Nesta´s attention twice and scored. For me that is more than enough. :pint:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Its amazing how performance analysis is hardly done with the mind but usually with the heart. It is the same everywhere, the people who support England and English football will always have a different opinion to those who do not. Its always Henry or Ronaldo being best player in the world because they play in Epl or for those who hate Epl , they try to dig holes in these players that are not there.
After reading some of the posts on here, its where i drew my conclusion.
You will see ppl writing that Rooney got owned but the guy scored 2 goals and he is was playing as alone striker. You get ppl picking the bones out of his performance because he didnt dribble past the whole defence. The guy is 20 and he was playing against Nesta and Maldini, players that are all time great defenders. But somehow kaka by scoring 2 goals in the same game, against a team who do not normally pay any attention to defence or man marking, gets to be the best player in the world. Forgetting conveniently that in the second half he was then given more respect by man united and did not do very well as he did in the first.
Now to the kaka, Ronaldo comparism
Some are saying that Ronaldo gets to play with scholes, giggs and Rooney thats why he is as good as he is whilst kaka only gets to play with Gilardino, Seedorf, Pirlo and gatusso
They say Seedorf is slow and all of that crap, this is the same Seedorf who was outstanding in Munich against Bayern, Pirlo who is one of the most creative players in the world today but to argue their point , they will try and belittle Ronaldo and over rate kaka
Yes kaka scored twice, but he did so against a side, i am pretty sure have NEVER played as a team before. So yes, you are bound to see gaps
Ronaldo on the other hand was shown so much respect by Milan that he hardly was witht he ball without 2 or 3 players converging on him but he still played well considering
Forget about your Epl bias, the guy is currently the most outstanding player in the world right now and players like kaka like Platini before him, though outstanding players do not seem to have to do much to get so much praise

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Its amazing how performance analysis is hardly done with the mind but usually with the heart. It is the same everywhere, the people who support England and English football will always have a different opinion to those who do not. Its always Henry or Ronaldo being best player in the world because they play in Epl or for those who hate Epl , they try to dig holes in these players that are not there.
You will see ppl writing that Rooney got owned but the guy scored 2 goals and he is was playing as alone striker. You get ppl picking the bones out of his performance because he didnt dribble past the whole defence. The guy is 20 and he was playing against Nesta and Maldini, players that are all time great defenders. But somehow kaka by scoring 2 goals in the same game, against a team who do not normally pay any attention to defence or man marking, gets to be the best player in the world. Forgetting conveniently that in the second half he was then given more respect by man united and did not do very well as he did in the first.
Some are saying that Ronaldo gets to play with scholes, giggs and Rooney thats why he is as good as he is whilst kaka only gets to play with Gilardino, Seedorf, Pirlo and gatusso
They say Seedorf is slow and all of that crap, this is the same Seedorf who was outstanding in Munich against Bayern, Pirlo who is one of the most creative players in the world today but to argue their point , they will try and belittle Ronaldo and over rate kaka
Yes kaka scored twice, but he did so against a side, i am pretty sure have NEVER played as a team before. So yes, you are bound to see gaps
Ronaldo on the other hand was shown so much respect by Milan that he hardly was witht he ball without 2 or 3 players converging on him but he still played well considering
Forget about your Epl bias, the guy is currently the most outstanding player in the world right now and players like kaka like Platini before him, though outstanding players do not seem to have to do much to get so much praise

Brilliant! :pint:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's no such thing as the best player in the world. It takes different things to excell in the Premier League than in the Serie A. C. Ronaldo wouldn't fare well in a competition that isn't so pace-minded. And Kaka would have troubles fitting in at Man U as well. They're both extremely good, neither is better, they're just different.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
I would never say Scholes was the m.o.m, he was so awful in the first, muchos worse then Kaká in the second.
His overall game wasn´t brilliant, but the 2 goals give him 2 points up in his rating. He escaped Nesta´s attention twice and scored. For me that is more than enough. :pint:
I wouldn't say he "escaped Nesta's attention twice". On the scholes flick Nesta got some toe on it, sadly it went Rooneys way. On the final goal Nesta clearly marked he was going to push Rooney left, if Dida just had ANY sense of positioning that shot wouldn't have been a problem.

The first United goal was Dida's, the second was brilliant with a whole lot of luck in it and the third was again, Dida's fault. Brilliant by Rooney though, but he did everything but outsmart Nesta. Not that 3-2 was unfair, it 100% was (fair).

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I would never say Scholes was the m.o.m, he was so awful in the first, muchos worse then Kaká in the second.

I wouldn't say he "escaped Nesta's attention twice". On the scholes flick Nesta got some toe on it, sadly it went Rooneys way. On the final goal Nesta clearly marked he was going to push Rooney left, if Dida just had ANY sense of positioning that shot wouldn't have been a problem.

The first United goal was Dida's, the second was brilliant with a whole lot of luck in it and the third was again, Dida's fault. Brilliant by Rooney though, but he did everything but outsmart Nesta. Not that 3-2 was unfair, it 100% was (fair).
And i suppose VDS couldnot have done better with kaka's first goal and the second goal had no errors attached to it? This is exactly what I am talking about , analysing withheart and not head

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
good post as always denco, i see your point but will lend a differing point of view on an issue. i thought rooney did all that could be asked of him and scored two goals. he was a little quieter than usual as was ronaldo but we can hardly say either of them had a poor game. Kaka on the other hand was immense in the first half.

my point is not that ronaldo and rooney showed their class in the second half, or that kaka was marshalled betetr in the second. simply put, gattuso being stretchered off the pitch in the second half was teh turning point in a game i couldnt see milan losing until that point.

with no defensive anchor and no tenacity in the middle milan couldn't keep a hold of the ball. this was the point that gilardino should have shown his worth, holding teh ball up so that the midfield could support, however he failed at this. kaka was increasingly isolated in his forages upfield, meaning the man u defence could concentrate on marshalling only him.

man u continued to press forward and were met with a meek resistance in midfield, milan without gattuso are toothless so the preassure built to a point where there was only going to be on end result. ronaldo was still fairly well marshalled but give man u the ball and the time to play passes and they will break you down. i seriously doubt the result would have went this way had rino played the full 90 minutes, the second he went off milans tactical plan was screwed, i still feel kaka was the best player on the pitch, its just a shame for him that his team's plan was derailed as they rely so heavily on a destroyer

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
good post as always denco, i see your point but will lend a differing point of view on an issue. i thought rooney did all that could be asked of him and scored two goals. he was a little quieter than usual as was ronaldo but we can hardly say either of them had a poor game. Kaka on the other hand was immense in the first half.

my point is not that ronaldo and rooney showed their class in the second half, or that kaka was marshalled betetr in the second. simply put, gattuso being stretchered off the pitch in the second half was teh turning point in a game i couldnt see milan losing until that point.

with no defensive anchor and no tenacity in the middle milan couldn't keep a hold of the ball. this was the point that gilardino should have shown his worth, holding teh ball up so that the midfield could support, however he failed at this. kaka was increasingly isolated in his forages upfield, meaning the man u defence could concentrate on marshalling only him.

man u continued to press forward and were met with a meek resistance in midfield, milan without gattuso are toothless so the preassure built to a point where there was only going to be on end result. ronaldo was still fairly well marshalled but give man u the ball and the time to play passes and they will break you down. i seriously doubt the result would have went this way had rino played the full 90 minutes, the second he went off milans tactical plan was screwed, i still feel kaka was the best player on the pitch, its just a shame for him that his team's plan was derailed as they rely so heavily on a destroyer
You seem to be talking about the game as a whole as you saw it, but i was actually talking about individuals and mainly that in my view at this point tin time Ronaldo is the world's best player. Yes the Epl is full of people that cannot tackle or have the good sense to take the ball off skilful players and are probably the easiest defenders to go past with a feint here or there, but the fact is still that Cristiano Ronaldo has been fantastic this season and kaka has been more in and out. From christmas until just recently, his form has been shaky.Ronaldo on the other hand as players like Rooney and Giggs have testified has almost won matches on his own.
Another thing is whenever I have seen Brazil, Kaka almost seems meek when he is in the same team as Ronaldo and Ronaldinho whilst Cristiano was not afraid of upstaging Figo for the NT and it does not faze him at all to be the team leader of any team.
Whether Milan would have won or lost with gatusso finishing has no bearing to what I am trying to say, its just that it seems on here when we favour a team we are ready to give excuses for their cause but not afford the same excuses for the opposition. I said it before that if gatusso did finish, he would have been Milan's best player but as he didn't I thought Nesta was the best player whilst Scholes was the overall best player imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)