Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the World (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hear a lot about this kid from you. Is he someone Juve should be keeping an eye on?
Djaló looks promising, but it's far too early for a team like Juve to really consider such a player seriously. Look at what Barca squandered with a young Quaresma.

He may have scored but he wasn't that great, after the goals he played a better match, the man of the match must've been Quaresma or Moutinho.
I agree. Ronaldo had a great game, but those two I think were even better.

Btw, I posted both good examples of Quaresma's and Moutinho's goals/assists in the Euro08 qualifier thread:
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1296792#post1296792

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Ronaldo signs new United deal

Cristiano Ronaldo has pledged his future to Manchester United by signing a new five-year contract.

The Portuguese winger's form has been nothing short of sensational this season and he has been instrumental in keeping United in the hunt for honours both domestically and in Europe.

His form has impressed clubs on the continent, with Real Madrid and Barcelona charmed by his efforts for The Red Devils.

United were aware of the speculation, but were always confident Ronaldo would commit his future to Old Trafford.

The speedy winger signed on the dotted line on Friday and it is a remarkable turnaround after he became public enemy number one for many English fans following his antics at last summer's World Cup finals.

He brushed off the controversy following Wayne Rooney's dismissal during the game between England and Portugal to shine for United and manager Sir Alex Ferguson has expressed delight at the 22-year-old's decision to ink a five-year commitment.

"It is fantastic news," the Scot told the club's website. "It emphasises the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club.

"He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans and he will go on to be one of Manchester United's great players."

Ronaldo added: "I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex and David Gill about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay.

"I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies and hopefully we will do that this season."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...&lid=4161&title=Ronaldo+signs+new+United+deal

Oct 3, 2004
It may have been a crap Roma side, but I firmly believe his brilliant display on that night reinforces the fact that he is one of the BEST players in the world right now. Without a doubt, the man is on fire, and on numerous occasions more often than not, he looks unstoppable.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
until he takes his EPL form to the CL i wont go as far as saying hes the best in the world,infact until he starts performing against the big boys in the EPL i wouldnt say hes the best in the world,scoring and performing against the portsmouths and boltons of the world is all i've seen him do to be perfectly honest,all this he's the best player in the world crap is knee jerk IMO

OP
Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #169
    Currently he is. Please step ahead and name one player who is in better shape nowadays.
    Kaka could be, but I think Ronaldo is ontop and he's reaching his potential, it's not about on/off form he's just reaching his potential now.

Manchester United v. Milan I can't wait.
    Forca United, Forca Cristiano your country is behind Manchester.

until he takes his EPL form to the CL i wont go as far as saying hes the best in the world,infact until he starts performing against the big boys in the EPL i wouldnt say hes the best in the world,scoring and performing against the portsmouths and boltons of the world is all i've seen him do to be perfectly honest,all this he's the best player in the world crap is knee jerk IMO
    lol, Did you even watch ManUtd v. Roma?

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
    Nov 25, 2005
    Kaka could be, but I think Ronaldo is ontop and he's reaching his potential, it's not about on/off form he's just reaching his potential now.

Manchester United v. Milan I can't wait.
    Forca United, Forca Cristiano your country is behind Manchester.

lol, Did you even watch ManUtd v. Roma?
    I watch manutd vs roma everyone torment in that game man u players even evra :S i watch man u vs milan it wasnt the best player in the world will i saw kaka and he was in top form ronaldo was not at his epl torment full flight

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    In my humble opinion and i say this without a shadow of a doubt, Cristiano is just easily the best player in the world. He is not an attacking midfielder , he is a winger but he is the only player, for me right now you cannot advocate for, another 1 is Messi.
    Is it not rich to read fredweasley an arsenal fan and henry advocate accuse ronaldo of only shining against small teams
    I saw manu vs chelsea this season and out of all the forwards, only Ronaldo played like a superstar
    You know greatness when opposition players and manager talk about you, either how they kept you quiet or how their own key player was better on the night. Kaka is great but i would always fear Ronaldo as a player, what he did in Rome, with manu playing with 10men was underrated as it was phenomenal. He scared the living daylights out of Roma players in Rome and he set up Rooney's goal brilliantly and you could see yesterday how he was ganged up on last nite

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    In my humble opinion and i say this without a shadow of a doubt, Cristiano is just easily the best player in the world. He is not an attacking midfielder , he is a winger but he is the only player, for me right now you cannot advocate for, another 1 is Messi.
    Is it not rich to read fredweasley an arsenal fan and henry advocate accuse ronaldo of only shining against small teams
    I saw manu vs chelsea this season and out of all the forwards, only Ronaldo played like a superstar
    You know greatness when opposition players and manager talk about you, either how they kept you quiet or how their own key player was better on the night. Kaka is great but i would always fear Ronaldo as a player, what he did in Rome, with manu playing with 10men was underrated as it was phenomenal. He scared the living daylights out of Roma players in Rome and he set up Rooney's goal brilliantly and you could see yesterday how he was ganged up on last nite
    I always enjoy reading your posts as you have completely no bias. Respect. :pint:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Kaka totally outclassed Cristiano Ronaldo yesterday. C Ronaldo was contained quite well(and easily..) by Jankulovski in the first half and Oddo in the second half, who neither are superstars at defending or marking.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Kaka totally outclassed Cristiano Ronaldo yesterday. C Ronaldo was contained quite well(and easily..) by Jankulovski in the first half and Oddo in the second half, who neither are superstars at defending or marking.
    :agreed: to any doubters in the world last night must have been an eye opener. it was a case of HYPE V's THE REAL DEAL Kaka blew manure away, if he had been given more support(sadly lacking after gatusso went off and milan sat ever deeper) who knows what sort of damage he could have done in that second half with manure pushing so far forward.
    sure Kaa was helped by some generous defending on manure's part but lets be honest, there are not many defences in the world that can cope with a player of such class. milan contained ronaldo with ease and, to a certain extent, rooney also. such a pity their goalkeeper is a clown of the highest order

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I disagree. Kaka played a fantastic game and outclassed Ronaldo, that´s for sure, but Ronaldo still made a big impact and imo he was the best ManUtd player after Rooney. And Rooney was better only because of his 2 goals.....

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    I disagree. Kaka played a fantastic game and outclassed Ronaldo, that´s for sure, but Ronaldo still made a big impact and imo he was the best ManUtd player after Rooney. And Rooney was better only because of his 2 goals.....
    imo neither were the best on field for Utd as the midfield duo of fletcher and scholes worked so hard and had a much better game.

anyways i agree with bozi and Dominic abt the topic at hand

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Don't forget that Ronaldo was constatly marked with two players with defender and Gattuso. Kaka did some magnificient moves but don't forget that ManU played with Wes Brown in defence.

Maybe C. Ronaldo wasn't at his best but he still showed quality and few excellent moves, but for me the man of the match was Rooney he gave 150% in the match.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    imo neither were the best on field for Utd as the midfield duo of fletcher and scholes worked so hard and had a much better game.

anyways i agree with bozi and Dominic abt the topic at hand
    Since when is the case that 2 scored goals is not a good performance? Please enlighten me cause as far as I know, in football goals count the most, even if Rooney didn´t have a brilliant performance.....you should know that cause you have a good football knowledge.

Maybe C. Ronaldo wasn't at his best but he still showed quality and few excellent moves, but for me the man of the match was Rooney he gave 150% in the match.
    Exactly. But for some people even 2 scored goals isn´t enough. :disagree:

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    i was talking to a utd fan who is a close friend of mine, and i told him imagine having this as your midfield:

---------------lone striker--------------------
    Messi-------------Kaka----------C Ronaldo
    ---------------Pirlo--------Gattuso

that would kick ass, and he said it wouldn't be fair for all the other teams in the world, Milan have 3 out of those 6 elements, and should take advantage of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)