Cristiano Giuntoli (17 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Serious question, why does everyone here feel positive about this guy?
Considering the state we are in, he's a good choice imo. I'm guessing we're low on budget and won't feature in Europe for the upcoming seasons.

For an elite club I'd like my DS to have a very strong network / get close with players agencies. Kinda like we did in the past with Mino or with Jorge Mendes. Or like Beppe/Paratici were on very good reports with Sassuolo, Udinese, Atalanta and could easily lure their elite players. I don't think we have the money to follow such a strategy atm.

Looking at his track record, he was good at finding talent in the lower ranks or lesser known league's. KK2 over at Belgium, Kim at Fenerbahce, Kvicha etc. Considering our financial state, we might be better of with someone that's strong on finding these hidden gems instead.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Serious question, why does everyone here feel positive about this guy?
Because finally we’ve actually appointed a DoS who has some experience in the job. When we’ve done that in the recent past it’s been a success: Marotta, Moggi… and when we haven’t it’s been a complete failure: Secco, Paratici, Cherubini…

It’s far too important a job to be appointing a complete noob into

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There's probably over a Dozen clubs now that can brute force a transfer for highly rated players over Juve nowadays so our only hope of staying relevant is to find these players before they have a career defining season.

Seems like this guy can actually do that.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Considering the state we are in, he's a good choice imo. I'm guessing we're low on budget and won't feature in Europe for the upcoming seasons.

For an elite club I'd like my DS to have a very strong network / get close with players agencies. Kinda like we did in the past with Mino or with Jorge Mendes. Or like Beppe/Paratici were on very good reports with Sassuolo, Udinese, Atalanta and could easily lure their elite players. I don't think we have the money to follow such a strategy atm.

Looking at his track record, he was good at finding talent in the lower ranks or lesser known league's. KK2 over at Belgium, Kim at Fenerbahce, Kvicha etc. Considering our financial state, we might be better of with someone that's strong on finding these hidden gems instead.
Also the hidden gem/market opportunities approach was a big part of how quickly we were able to turn around from two 7th places to 9 scudetti in a row.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Him agreeing to work with allegri, i can't respect that.
I have no knowledge of Giuntoli but looks like a good pickup. The above does concern me feeling Max should be replaced no matter what. Might be in his mind I give Max a year (management loves it saving money) but gives him plenty of time in finding next manager. Also I agree with @Pirlo's Beard post above that along with not being able to afford the top tier players, he will find upcoming cheaper talents. Lots of garbage players he knows he has to live with one more year. Possibly even get a younger not as experienced manager to lead Juve costing a lot less.

Maybe playing nice with Max but surely hope under no circumstances Max can dictate to Guintoli who he wants but more importantly who he gets. Time for Max to get results from the players he has at his disposal. Does anybody believe all these young players Juve have are garbage? I surely don't!

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Its not as if someone asks him about it..
Also tbh I feel like the directionless transfer "policy" of the club has been far more of a hindrance than any of the managers we've had. And that's on top of our DSs inheriting the mess left by Paratici.

If we were gonna fix one, Sporting Director was the correct one to fix first.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Also tbh I feel like the directionless transfer "policy" of the club has been far more of a hindrance than any of the managers we've had. And that's on top of our DSs inheriting the mess left by Paratici.

If we were gonna fix one, Sporting Director was the correct one to fix first.
Not only Paratici although he is the number one in the mess created.
Everyone who inherited Marrota`s job did a horrible job. We are now how many years later and we have a much weaker side.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The last time we got a sporting director from Napoli it went pretty well.
I see no reason to dislike getting this guy. Were there better options? Maybe. But I still think he was/is one of the better options out there. He made some impressive moves at Napoli and there's no reason not to give him a shot here.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
This will be a pivotal moment for the club. While it may require some time to reorganize, there is no doubt that he is the ideal person for the task of revitalizing the team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This man knows how to identify young talent, from practically anywhere.

Knows how to make deals. He knows his shit. Look at the team he is leaving behind at Napoli, and that was AFTER all those players left last season.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the biggest move we will make this offseason. By a mile

- - - Updated - - -

And we need it. God we need it.

We need an infusion of younger players in the squad in the worst way. We can't just rely on the ones that have come up through the system. We need players of similar ages that have played far more than our kids have. Being young and being experienced are not mutually exclusive.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Not only Paratici although he is the number one in the mess created.
Everyone who inherited Marrota`s job did a horrible job. We are now how many years later and we have a much weaker side.
Oh agree. I meant that everybody since Paratici has been more of a hindrance than Allegri, Pirlo or Sarri, and on top of not being great at their jobs they also had a huge mess to clear up that they weren't competent enough to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)