Cristian Molinaro (7 Viewers)

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Molinaro has Italian dream Monday

10 December, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus revelation Cristian Molinaro has admitted he wants an international career with Italy – but has shelved hopes of making Euro 2008.

“Becoming a regular in the Giro Azzurro is one of my objectives,” he said. “However, to think that I could make Euro 2008 is a little premature.

“Nevertheless, I have a great desire to play for my country which is the dream of every young footballer.”

The left-back has won himself a place in the Juventus first team recently after Giorgio Chiellini was transformed into a centre-back.

The 1983-born player, who was initially signed by the Old Lady after starring for Salernitana, was recalled to Turin in the summer after spending the last two Serie A campaigns on loan at Siena.

Having been given his chance by Claudio Ranieri, Molinaro is starting to become one of the key figures of this new Juventus side.

Roberto Donadoni’s left-back plans for Euro 2008 will probably include Gianluca Zambrotta of Barcelona and Lyon’s Fabio Grosso.

Chiellini could also be drafted into the squad for the trip to Switzerland and Austria given his versatility and fine form this term.

Meanwhile, Molinaro will need hand surgery this week for a minor fracture. He’ll be back in training on Thursday.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Molinaro has such a long way to go. But I have to admire the progress he's made from a disaster to our best starter at wingback (Chiellini aside) in the past few matches.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
:rofl: @ making the Azzurri!
Why are you laughing ? Molinaro is not worse than some other ex or current Juve players who got called to play for Azzuri in last 10 years. If Blasi, Giannichedda, Zenoni, Padovano, Legrottaglie, Birindelli and Bachini made it, so can Molinaro.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Normally he would never make it to the NT, Italy has a tone of Molinaros
(and since Moggi isnt around...) no matter how much Molinaro improves, he will never be one of the best Italian LBs. But with his luck, he might get a call in NT. If he somehow survives in Juve (ala Birindelli) and the starter Italy LB get injured all together, he might have a chance there...

Jul 15, 2006
Why are you laughing ? Molinaro is not worse than some other ex or current Juve players who got called to play for Azzuri in last 10 years. If Blasi, Giannichedda, Zenoni, Padovano, Legrottaglie, Birindelli and Bachini made it, so can Molinaro.
Exactly Alen, and Legro wants to return for EURO08

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)