Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Events - 25 Jan 2007 - 5:17 PM

Criscito Bianconero once more

Domenico Criscito is on his way back to Juventus. The Bianconeri have agreed sole ownership of the player with Genoa, who in turn will share the rights for the players Masiello and Konko with Siena.

Twenty last December, Criscito spent two years with the Juventus Primavera (2004/05 and 2005/06) under the guidance of Chiarenza. Here’s what the coach had to say:
“Technically he’s one of the best defenders I’ve both worked with and seen in the youth system. Despite his boyish looks he’s a guy who demands respect. He’s very good in the air, great at reading the game and is strong with the ball at his feet when he’s bringing it out of defence. With three at the back he tends to play on the left hand side, while in a four-man defence he can play either left back or left centre back”.

Criscito made his Italian Under-21 debut in 2006, where he met Raffaele Palladino, a future team mate and a great admirer of the defender’s qualities:
“He’s a great player, a real talent who can only get better with time, especially from a physical point of view. He’s a fantastic defender, he doesn’t let his man out of his sight and he’s very hard to get past in one-on-ones. Needless to say, he’s also a brilliant guy who I speak to often; it’s going to be great having him here”.

Claudio Marchisio was the captain of the Primavera side which, with Criscito in defence, won the Torneo di Viareggio and the league title. The midfielder can’t wait to have him back:
“I’m really pleased as in my opinion, he’s the most promising young defender in the Italian game. He has a great future ahead of him and I’m sure he’s more than ready for Serie A. I hope we can repeat the success we had together in the Primavera as senior players”.

The press release

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    6 months loan to Genoa and will come back to Juve this summer.

Genoa get Juve's co-ownership with Siena of Masiello and Konko.

EDIT: and possibly 5.25m €.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    I hope so too. I saw a lot of Genoa games and the guy as a good header and good anticipation. He rarely gets caught flat footed but I saw it a couple of times, he's still young and will get better. Good enough to be on next year's bench for sure.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    6 months loan to Genoa and will come back to Juve this summer.

Genoa get Juve's co-ownership with Siena of Masiello and Konko.

EDIT: and possibly 5.25m €.
    we pay 5.25mil to Genoa?? for the half ownership?? this is a stupid deal :disagree:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    we pay 5.25mil to Genoa?? for the half ownership?? this is a stupid deal :disagree:
    It's a complicated issue. The 5m is a number I saw on j1897. We bought his 1st half in 2004 for peanuts and now Genoa valued him 15m €. Too much IMO but with Secco we probably would have lost him this summer and another team would have bought him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

5mil? that's a little steep. i have no idea will he be worth it, never saw a game of his tbh..

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    5 mil + the co-ownership of 2 decent players is alot. That said, Criscito does like very promising, and if he continues his good form, in a few years time his worth would go up alot more.

May 4, 2004
    Criscito set for Juve recall Thursday 25 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Domenico Criscito will return to Juventus at the end of the season after impressing with Genoa this term.

The 20-year-old, who started his career in the Rossoblu youth system, returned to the Liguri side in a co-ownership deal with the Old Lady, who last week confirmed their interest in the youngster.

The Bianconeri agreed to hand over £5.3m for the defender, plus the co-ownership of Andrea Masiello and Abdoulay Konko with Siena.
    Criscito, who played in Juve’s youth team between 2004 and 2006, will remain with the Grifoni until the end of the season before joining the Bianconeri on a four-year contract.

The youngster made his debut for the Italy Under-21s in 2006 in the goalless draw with the Czech Republic, where he met Raffaele Palladino, his future teammate and a great admirer of his qualities.

“He’s a fine player, a real talent who can only improve with time, especially from a physical point of view,” insisted Palladino.

“He’s a fantastic defender, he doesn’t let his man out of his sight and he is very hard to get past. He’s also a brilliant guy who I speak to often – it’s going to be great to have him here.”

---

Sick Deal!!! Lets hope he will be the leading defender of our team in 2-3 years !

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Channel4 says 5.3m Pounds, while the news in Italian says 5.25 Euro. So which one it? If its in Pounds, then thats absolutely nutts!

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Konko and Masiello are nothing special while Criscito has been mentioned a lot already even though he is younger then them, so good deal secco :tup:

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    TBH Ive never heard of him from outside this forum, 5.25 m plus co-ownership for those two sounds like a crappy deal. If he was that good as Palladino "insists" then I should at least have heard a little something something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)