Cris for the defence? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
A source states that we already reached an agreement with Lyon for Cris and another one at the same moment negates the whole deal. I'm not going to say that I'm fed up with all this nonsense, but let's be more practical and move to the next step; Cris refused our deal and we've to find another defence leader.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
Fred was out for about a total of five months (first he hurt his hamstring in October, and then he hurt his foot in April). But he still scored 14 goals and is Lyon's highest goalscorer (he scores one goal every 96 minutes according to LFP stats :smoke: ). If only he was a bit more mature (remember the elbow on Chivu...and he threw a tantrum when Houllier brought in Baros).

mudaifa

May 21, 2007
From Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun1f.html

French champions Lyon have claimed that Juventus have been in touch regarding a potential swoop for Cris and another unidentified player.

“Juventus contacted Cris and another Lyon player, making them a few offers,” noted President Jean-Michel Aulas.

“However, I have met with Cris and he has told me he wants to stay here. Therefore we will continue talks over his contract extension,” added the French chief whose club have just won a sixth successive Ligue 1 crown.

“Juventus made an enquiry three weeks ago in which they offered a swap deal, but we turned them down. Cris is not for sale and this issue for me is closed.”

It’s understood that the other player targeted was midfielder Alou Diarra who has caught the eye of Bianconeri sporting director Alessio Secco [pictured].

Diarra has had a tough season in Lyon, but may opt to remain after boss Gerard Houllier – whom he had a frosty relationship with – resigned last week.

Reports suggest that the Juve player included in the potential swap deal might have been David Trezeguet, who has just one year left on his contract.

Geof

May 14, 2004
according to Voetbalkrant.com (Belgium), Cris said "It would take me 5 minutes to sign for Juve. Every Brazilian player dreams of playing for one of the best clubs in Europe, being Real, Barça, Milan and Juve. If both clubs reach an agreement, the rest is just a formality".

However, Aulas is reluctant to let him leave.

Contract renewal pressure, or real envy to come?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
according to Voetbalkrant.com (Belgium), Cris said "It would take me 5 minutes to sign for Juve. Every Brazilian player dreams of playing for one of the best clubs in Europe, being Real, Barça, Milan and Juve. If both clubs reach an agreement, the rest is just a formality".

However, Aulas is reluctant to let him leave.

Contract renewal pressure, or real envy to come?
Aulas used to receive huge amounts of money for his players, hence, he thinks he can do it with each player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)