Cris for the defence? (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2006
to bad, cris is amazing. I would prefer him to barzagli or zaccardo.....
nothing wrong but 20Millions for each player ??

Lyon's president confirmed today that Juventus made official offers for Cris & Tiago, but Lyon told them that each player's price is 20 million euros.
Fuc* off Aulas , get the real , u really showed to the whole world your idiotic :yuck:

Mar 30, 2006
Cris isn't even worth 10 million euros... much better defenders available. For 20 million euro, I'd rather have Zaccardo, Barzagli, and Mavuba. Move on, Secco.
Zaccardo is a shitty right back. he really sucks balls man

He is ok for a mid table team but there is no way he canstart for us.. he is a liability. plus as of now for right back we have Zebina, Grygera, Balza, Birendelli and maby Molinero comes back?

Thoes Lyon players are all terribly over priced for the 25 million they want for Mavuba we could lock down Ribery or maby Diego or Quaresma!!!

Lyon president is a tard

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Zaccardo is a shitty right back. he really sucks balls man

He is ok for a mid table team but there is no way he canstart for us.. he is a liability. plus as of now for right back we have Zebina, Grygera, Balza, Birendelli and maby Molinero comes back?

Thoes Lyon players are all terribly over priced for the 25 million they want for Mavuba we could lock down Ribery or maby Diego or Quaresma!!!

Lyon president is a tard
I don't rate Zaccardo that high either, but I'd still rather him for 5m euro than Cris for 10m or 20 like that dufus Aulas is asking. I just don't think he's that good... not to mention that Brazilian defenders typically aren't as good as Italian ones. Not to say there aren't some that are as good or better, but Cris is not one of them.

In Zaccardo's defense, he plays for a top 5 Serie A team and faces a much higher level of competition than Cris does at Lyon. He's also a decent Italian NT player... save for that one miscue. I would rather a player with more quality than Zaccardo, but if we ended up with him and Barzagli to save money for a big midfield signing, I wouldn't be too broken up.

Mar 30, 2006
I don't rate Zaccardo that high either, but I'd still rather him for 5m euro than Cris for 10m or 20 like that dufus Aulas is asking. I just don't think he's that good... not to mention that Brazilian defenders typically aren't as good as Italian ones. Not to say there aren't some that are as good or better, but Cris is not one of them.

In Zaccardo's defense, he plays for a top 5 Serie A team and faces a much higher level of competition than Cris does at Lyon. He's also a decent Italian NT player... save for that one miscue. I would rather a player with more quality than Zaccardo, but if we ended up with him and Barzagli to save money for a big midfield signing, I wouldn't be too broken up.
Zaccardo does not even play the same position as Cris

he is a RB .. Cris is a CB and while not the best CB he is much better than any CB we have and Zaccardo is not even a good enough RB to start in our team imo

But yeah the price for Cris is a ripoff like all Lyon players asking prices. But that does not mean we should buy a shitty player who we don't need at all like Zaccardo. We have alot of RBs at the moment and we own Molinero too who is very good and Criscito can fill in as RB and Salihamidzic can too. RB is the least of our worries.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Zaccardo does not even play the same position as Cris

he is a RB .. Cris is a CB and while not the best CB he is much better than any CB we have and Zaccardo is not even a good enough RB to start in our team imo

But yeah the price for Cris is a ripoff like all Lyon players asking prices. But that does not mean we should buy a shitty player who we don't need at all like Zaccardo. We have alot of RBs at the moment and we own Molinero too who is very good and Criscito can fill in as RB and Salihamidzic can too. RB is the least of our worries.
Criscito is more effective as a SW/CB, Grygera is the likely RB, but I see your point. I was just trying to illustrate that a redundant player for 5m would be money better spent than on this guy for 10 even. I would also argue that Cris wouldn't be better than the CBs we have, since Criscito, Grygera and Chiellini all can play CB and would do so better than Cris would.

Personally, I think some combination of Barzagli and a proven CB would be ideal. Someone like Cannavaro, Marquez, Milito, Mexes, Chivu, etc.

Mar 30, 2006
Criscito is more effective as a SW/CB, Grygera is the likely RB, but I see your point. I was just trying to illustrate that a redundant player for 5m would be money better spent than on this guy for 10 even. I would also argue that Cris wouldn't be better than the CBs we have, since Criscito, Grygera and Chiellini all can play CB and would do so better than Cris would.

Personally, I think some combination of Barzagli and a proven CB would be ideal. Someone like Cannavaro, Marquez, Milito, Mexes, Chivu, etc.
I think for us Milito would be the best option .. canna returning would be great too.

Chivu costs a shitload and is injury prone

I really do think Chris is much better CB then everyone we have (maby criscito will be excellent in a few years but is not proven yet)
but i too would not buy him.

i get what u were saying about Zaccardo but i don't rate him at all and it makes me sad just thinking of him playing for us:D :pint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)