could we win anything this season..?? (6 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Top priority are indeed the full-backs surely? I'd sign a RB, LB, CB, CF. In that order.

If you look at the future though, you have Diego and Gio who are set for quite a few years, but we don't have a player with the right characteristics to play Camo's role. I really really hope we get Iago ( I refuse to call him Yago... ) back and give him a shot, but judging by the way we treat and appreciate youth, that's not very likely to happen. We'd also need an attacking RM in that case. I'm assuming we stick to the 4-2-3-1 here ofcourse.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Whenever we reach that last 30-25 minutes of a game our players just lose concentration and some really dump things starts to happen.
that is exactly what a weak stamino does to players ... the passes are not precise anymore and more errors are made of fatigue. it does not really have to show in the faces of the players that they are exhausted but all these misplaced passes and failure to keep possession is exactly the result of our bad stamina.

so when we have bad form and stamina and we do not know how to use the formation we play and we are awful on dead ball situations, what exactly did we do in the seasons preparations ?

We never really had a perfect squad yet we still won alot in the past. Players like di livio, Pessoto, Torricelli even Tacchinardi were part of a team that reached 3 champions league finals yet there were a decent squad players (not WC type of players).
that is correct, i thing grosso is at least as good as pessotto was. just shifted in the qualities so he is also decent going forward, but not as sound defensive as pessotto was. torricelli was nothing special in terms of quality ... not better than an in form legrotagglie and tacchinardi was surely not as good as melo when you take the grit and determination away.

we have a great team and if we do not win against those minnows, than you can not always blame the injuries, because if it was only the injuries than we would not have a chance to win anything in the next few years because with our current staff there is nothing gonna change bout that. we will have constantly 4 players injured.

and please stop this poulsen bashing ... i bet 80% of the serie a coaches would find a spot for him in the starting eleven and make him play as good as in spain or germany.

just look at marchionni ... (besides the injuries he had for us) he played pretty crap since playing in serie a and now he is man of the match for fiorentina.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
1 think only....Ferrara.
with all do respect we must change this legend and turn into an experience one. an experience coach know how to handle our recent situation and how to motivate the player despite our injurie problem(which is im not referring this situation to be our main issue that cause us a bad result recently, for god sake we have a great player in this team and the only think we miss despite our determination is a great touch from a great coach to handle this player. im sory to tell you this but an asshole like (Ranieri) can handle this player and team better. i really remember when we took a double win against madrid last season and after that we have a great result in serie A whit a shit team And again im sorry to tell you this although i hate this shit head so much. I guest give Ferrara an ultimatum Blanc. and if he cant learn some concistency of meaning to the winning team just send him back to coach primavera and replace him with a great coach, there is a lot of them out there. but i hope Mr.Ferrara can shock us and turn around all the negative opinion into a positive one.

FORZA JUVE!!!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
hi everyone..

it's been too long since i last posted here.. but, I'm not gonna talk about that now.. this is a team discussion, so we're gonna stick to that..

so.....

the big question at the moment is:
"do we have a chance to win anything this season..?? do we have a squad that is good enough to do so..?"

I'm gonna start thinking like a pessimistic and say what can cause such empty-handed closure to our season:

- lack of depth: although on paper, our bench has good quality players, however, their performance and lack of playing opportunities maybe made them a bit ineffective whenever they are needed.. I can name few starters who are hard to replace.. the last time i saw Juve with great depth and solid tactics was in the days of capello..

- frequent absence and repetitve freakin injuries: what the problem here guys.. really.. something must be wrong.. our squad has never been injury-free for a very long time, almost two seasons now, and we always see players missing due to fatigue or serious absence..

- our midfeild sucks: apart from diego & camo, there is no spark.. usually this can be solved by having solid, dynamic and well organized players.. i don't wanna refer to certain players.. but, really the midfeild can be outrun by almost any team..!

- the spirit and dedication: we need them, yes, but it seems it's our only ticket to win.. that means, our tactics are not good enough.. following the coach's orders word-by-word is not enough?? we ALWAYS need the extra charge.. WE ALWAYS NEED TO PLAY LIKE WE ARE GETTING RELEGATED to win a game.. this agility and hunger for win is good, but, I wonder why we can't win like a team who's winning because they simply play better football..!!!! unfortunately although i hate to admit it, but i miss the days when we used to win by the least effort possible..!

- the management: to build a solid team, you need quality players.. not necessarily superstars, no, I always beleived that great teams create superstars not buy them.. but, my point is, we need good quality potentials.. let me elaborate.. having the likes of tiago, paulsen, salihamzic, zebina the fool, molinaro, laegrotalie as 2nd choice is useless..! we should have brought forward some young potentials that we ALREADY had.. and one more thing, regarding this management's 5-year-plan..!!! the owners and shareholders of Juve must have lots of patience for this management, I wonder what will happen to them after this 5-year plan ends.. if I'm aboard the shareholders, and juve didn't bring the treble or at least a double, then I'll shoot all of them in the head with a cegar in one hand and a good old fashioned rifle on the other so help me god..!!!

it's really frustrating for us fans to see Juve like this, one match on top, and 5 other matches struggling to show a decent performance..!! and what frustrates me the most is the headlines and comments in their official site.. come the f*** one..!! they talk like they are addressing a kinder garden boys..!! :andy2:

pour your comments guys, my mind is truely perplexed at this team, I can't imagine us winning any silverware for a long time..!!! :angry2:
Welcome back, Gandalf !!! :)

Totally agree with with your post and I will give a big fat "NO" as an answer to whether we win anything this season

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    Welcome back, Gandalf !!! :)
    thanks for the welcome Vin.. good to see an old face around here..

Totally agree with with your post and I will give a big fat "NO" as an answer to whether we win anything this season
    I see you haven't changed a bit.. :biggrin:

anyway.. interesting responses all in all.. many people posted that our problem is the players we have.. some said the coach.. but I do believe that our main problem (beside the management) is the mentality of the team.. the management, the technical staff.. not the players themselves..

every time I read an interview with one of the team's official, the coach or even the players, they always refer to this --> "we are Juve.. we are a big club" we should win because we are Juve.." or something in the context..

but, TBH I think this was (and still is) the reason for our failure season after season since we were sent to serie B..!! this mentality can be easily broken.. this kind of mentality will get you nowhere..
    because simply we're the not the Juve that it used to be.. we should go on the field with a different purpose.. a mind that says "F*** them all..!!".. we should prove to the world that this team has more than a name that was tainted with black.. we should prove that we are worthy.. we should go play like we punish the opponent.. for the trophies that been stolen from us.. (whether we deserved to be relegated or not, those trophies were won on the field, by the players).. simply our players should be charged with this mentality.. with this hunger to win.. all i see from our players nowadays the lagging and tiredness.. i mean, WTF..??

and oh, the management holds a huge responsibility.. they've done good so far some say.. some think they did well for this period.. well, to have these bozos in charge in a difficult time like the times we've been through is suicidal.. I'll tell u why, after we've came back to serie A, they've put a five year plan.. ok, good.. to have a long term plan, u should bring a head coach who know how to handle things and build a team for your future.. bring up some youngsters who should be ready to be solid & reliable first team players in 5 years time.. but, they didn't do that.. they brought ranieri..!!! no comments there.. beside, I'd prefer having a great coach with normal players, than having superstars with a dumba$$ on charge..

I don't see how are we gonna compete in the championship like this.. in CL or even coppa.. the coppa god damn it, we could've lifted it last season and the season before, but i don't know, something tells me they do not want it.. we lack the fighting spirit in most of the decisive encounters we have.. it's really confusing..!!

my point from this whole thread is (and I really hope I'm wrong, or proven to be an official idiot) is we're not gonna be the solid team we used to be.. the one everybody feared.. not with this kind of mentality and this kind of management..

even if we win a trophy by some chance in the next few years. we'll not win a team that everybody respect and fear.. this is the reality that we're living unfortunately..

anyway.. sorry for the long post.. feel free to write a similar one as well.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)