could we win anything this season..?? (3 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I for one think that with our fullbacks we will not win anything. If we survive these last 2 months of the year & beef up the defence then anything can happen.
Even with a better fullbacks thats alone won't solve all our problems. There is a mentality problem with this team. Whenever we reach that last 30-25 minutes of a game our players just lose concentration and some really dump things starts to happen.

We never really had a perfect squad yet we still won alot in the past. Players like di livio, Pessoto, Torricelli even Tacchinardi were part of a team that reached 3 champions league finals yet there were a decent squad players (not WC type of players).

I totally agree with what blanc said about focusing on our current team problems and trying to fix them rather than just going to the market thinking that everything will be solved if we just added some players in certain positions.......

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Nice avatar :)

Do you think the gap between us and Inter will widen or tighten first?
I think we'll be first to drop points again.

To Ciro's credit though, he is facing one of the fiercest competitors out there.. Mourinho is not easy to beat. He beat sir Alex Ferguson before and that is SOMETHING HUGE.

I wish we see Merda fall in the CL to see his cocky ass sacked!

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i don't think that we r going to win anything this season maybe the coppa but who knows...
we r just 11 weeks into the season but inter are 7 points ahead....
the biggest problem now is that we don't have it in our hands. we need inter to slip up and win by ourself. but it looks like they win like they want to. even if they don't play well they win a match with luck...thats what we r missing.
and IF inter lose or draw a match we really seem to fail under the pressure.....
in the cl it is a different story i see us going to the next round.
but then u need a bit of luck... who do u draw or in which form you are... i think we can beat anyone in the quarter/semi/final it is just a bit of luck what u need...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i don't think that we r going to win anything this season maybe the coppa but who knows...
we r just 11 weeks into the season but inter are 7 points ahead....
the biggest problem now is that we don't have it in our hands. we need inter to slip up and win by ourself. but it looks like they win like they want to. even if they don't play well they win a match with luck...thats what we r missing.
and IF inter lose or draw a match we really seem to fail under the pressure.....
in the cl it is a different story i see us going to the next round.
but then u need a bit of luck... who do u draw or in which form you are... i think we can beat anyone in the quarter/semi/final it is just a bit of luck what u need...
If we draw Barca or chelsea we are over. These two play on a whole different level... anyone who will draw against either team will go done.
I hope we draw someone easy this time.. we seem to be very unlucky all the time in CL draws. Inter were lucky when they drew Viarreal and Valencie yet they flopped as usual.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We will. Mark my words. We will win something.
i am more inclined towards merda winning serie A easily like last season. Merda flops in CL first.. Juve would go to quarter finals.. Milan flops like merda.

I don't think we are that Good... i've always been a doubter of Ferrara

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I don't see us winning a 'big' prize this year.

Serie A: Inter are wayyy too consistent for us to compete with right now. We lose points every other week, whereas Inter seem to pull out a win even in the most horrible games. They've gotten better and it's already showing. We've improved our squad but the problems we've been going on about at the start of the season are still killing us. I really believe we'll get better and find some consistency if we stick to this formation, but I don't think it'll be enough.

CL: The way we're performing now there's just too many teams ahead of us, who will be able to beat us. Inter are walking the domestic league and struggle in Europe, enough said there. CL is always somewhat of a different story though, so with our ability to step up to big opponents and a bit of luck in the draws, I think we could go far. All the way? Unfortunately not. It's too early I'm afraid.

Ofcourse I hope for us to win something, but the way things are looking it's not going to happen this year, although I'll never say never! I just hope, and assume, we will get reinforcements for the defense next summer who will make us a truely complete team.

Having said that, I expected us to do better with our signings. It seems we got stuck in a place where we didn't know what formation to use with the available players and payed the price. Let's see what happens when we stick to the 4-2-3-1.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Having said that, I expected us to do better with our signings. It seems we got stuck in a place where we didn't know what formation to use with the available players and payed the price. Let's see what happens when we stick to the 4-2-3-1.
Do you think that Defenisive Full-Back that can go forward rather than the other way around are the top priorty?

Along with Kjaer of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)