Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (32 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
With omicron, to boost or not, that's the q.

@kao_ray you watch John Campbell vids, you know about aspirating. Asked a pharmacist if they have J&J vaccine and then asked if they're able to aspirate if requested. She was older, so thought she was trained how to. She looked flummoxed and didn't know what aspiration was. Basically told me they're trained on administering vaccine and can try and work with you in a lengthier, carefully deliberated response. Then as I went back to shopping, she stood there and watched, still looking surprised lol.

Funny how in developing countries they know how to administer them correctly but in the west concept is totally foreign to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you may have missed the part where I mentioned that I've taken 500 IU of vitamin D3 with calcium daily for over a decade.

I originally took 1000 IU daily, but my doc told me to back up on that crack 7-8 years ago after a few blood tests. Talk about pricey urine ... and getting out of balance.
That'll take care of rickets

Dem boomer docs

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We didn’t have a vaccine for Delta, so I don’t get the fretting over an Omicron-specific boost, which it isn’t.

Getting one this coming week in the good old USA. As a Type 1 diabetic, my health is already a slave to the system.

Mixing my continental flavors in something you might call vaccine fusion cuisine.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
With omicron, to boost or not, that's the q.

@kao_ray you watch John Campbell vids, you know about aspirating. Asked a pharmacist if they have J&J vaccine and then asked if they're able to aspirate if requested. She was older, so thought she was trained how to. She looked flummoxed and didn't know what aspiration was. Basically told me they're trained on administering vaccine and can try and work with you in a lengthier, carefully deliberated response. Then as I went back to shopping, she stood there and watched, still looking surprised lol.

Funny how in developing countries they know how to administer them correctly but in the west concept is totally foreign to them.

- - - Updated - - -

That'll take care of rickets

Dem boomer docs
Omicron looks extremely mild so far, almost like a cold. I won't get a booster for a cold.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Omicron looks extremely mild so far, almost like a cold. I won't get a booster for a cold.
I mean vaccine efficacy hasn’t waned significantly for protection against serious illness yet. It’s still up in the high 80s percentage wise. Aside from the most at-risk I’m not even sure why there is widespread discussion of boosters for the general population. Seems ridiculous.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I mean vaccine efficacy hasn’t waned significantly for protection against serious illness yet. It’s still up in the high 80s percentage wise. Aside from the most at-risk I’m not even sure why there is widespread discussion of boosters for the general population. Seems ridiculous.
It's not just hospitalization and death though, there's also long covid or any long or medium term effects, whether mild or more serious.

But I guess with disease being mild, there's less chance of long covid.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It’s all about dem memory B and T cells.

I’m due for my booster next month. I might get it, but that’s the last vaccine I’ll ever take for covid, unless some super duper strain/mutation of the virus happens that evades protection of previous infection/vaccines completely.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

BoJo made an announcement tonight that plans were in place to give all over-18s the chance to have the booster (3rd vaccination) by the end of the year. That is some undertaking.

Basically Omicron variant cases are doubling every couple of days and this has started to spill over to hospitals now.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

BoJo made an announcement tonight that plans were in place to give all over-18s the chance to have the booster (3rd vaccination) by the end of the year. That is some undertaking.

Basically Omicron variant cases are doubling every couple of days and this has started to spill over to hospitals now.
Are you getting or have you boosted?

Also, curious, what happened when UK mandated healthcare workers (if they went through with it)....did they rage quit or protest like in Murica or said sorry and took their vaccines?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Are you getting or have you boosted?

Also, curious, what happened when UK mandated healthcare workers (if they went through with it)....did they rage quit or protest like in Murica or said sorry and took their vaccines?
I think they have until the beginning of April next year to comply so we'll see. HR might tie it up yet.

I had my booster on Weds, it was Pfizer like it is for pretty much everyone now. Had two AZ before that. Definitely hurt the muscle more this time but had a bit of fatigue, muscle ache and slightly feverish sleep, gone a few hours later.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dem-governor-declares-covid-19-213331865.html

@Quetzalcoatl @Bjerknes @Ronn

Now here’s a governor I can support. Vaccines been out for a year. Every major study thus far still showing they are well over 80% effective in stopping serious illness. Time to open things up.
Colorado seems to be the best US state

rectangle shape, nature, mountains, legal weed (don't care for it but it shouldn't be criminalized), Peyton Manning, good governor

Last edited:
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13,459

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)