Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (28 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Why do people act as if omicron is the last variant?
Because this variant is 5x+ times more infectious than Delta and 10x+ times less severe and it will become endemic. So if another variant has to overtake it, the next variant has to be the most infectious thing ever and most likely it won't be severe because the Omricon will give enough immunity to everyone to deal with it. It's simple really.

For another pandemic we'll need a whole new virus (a new pox or swine flu for example) after Omicron. And this is another story. So far it looks that we entered the beginning of the end of the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm still taking measures to protect me and my family from Delta but once Omicron takes it's place I'll chilax.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Because this variant is 5x+ times more infectious than Delta and 10x+ times less severe and it will become endemic. So if another variant has to overtake it, the next variant has to be the most infectious thing ever and most likely it won't be severe because the Omricon will give enough immunity to everyone to deal with it. It's simple really.

For another pandemic we'll need a whole new virus (a new pox or swine flu for example) after Omicron. And this is another story. So far it looks that we entered the beginning of the end of the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm still taking measures to protect me and my family from Delta but once Omicron takes it's place I'll chilax.
Maybe, but it surely won't last forever, no?

Well, either way, I certainly hope so because living with Covid really sucks.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Maybe, but it surely won't last forever, no?

Well, either way, I certainly hope so because living with Covid really sucks.
Dude, of course not. It's profitable for big companies to have a pandemic and the governments love the power it gives them to do stupid shit. I'm sure in the next 20 years there will be another similar pandemic if not worse.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Omicron variant cases spiralling out of control in the UK. Ok, early signs are that there are milder symptoms for younger people in particular but the sheer volume of cases mean that hospitals are still going to become flooded from a percentage of this.

The government are trying to negate this with an intense booster program, some people are waiting for hours in line, but at the same time there has to be common sense. I know people wanted a normal Christmas and want to do their work parties and all the rest but it's inflating the numbers for sure. I can see more measures coming in after Christmas. Boris wouldn't dare limit Christmas after his Tory party scandals from last year.

Also Premier League clubs are rife with Covid cases. Some games being suspended but some being pushed through by presumably the TV networks, even with teams full of cases. I'd expect the calendar to be affected, it'll be another Covid season at this rate. Expect the same to catch on a month or so later in Serie A.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Omicron variant cases spiralling out of control in the UK. Ok, early signs are that there are milder symptoms for younger people in particular but the sheer volume of cases mean that hospitals are still going to become flooded from a percentage of this.

The government are trying to negate this with an intense booster program, some people are waiting for hours in line, but at the same time there has to be common sense. I know people wanted a normal Christmas and want to do their work parties and all the rest but it's inflating the numbers for sure. I can see more measures coming in after Christmas. Boris wouldn't dare limit Christmas after his Tory party scandals from last year.

Also Premier League clubs are rife with Covid cases. Some games being suspended but some being pushed through by presumably the TV networks, even with teams full of cases. I'd expect the calendar to be affected, it'll be another Covid season at this rate. Expect the same to catch on a month or so later in Serie A.
The next two months will be crazy.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Shits kicking off here in Sydney in exactly the same way too. The spread is mainly through work Xmas parties, pubs and nightclubs and schools. Mainly driven by Omicron.

I expect the majority of this city to be infected with this variant by the end of summer. Our health minister says modelling will show that we will be hitting close to 25,000 cases a day in NSW by this time next month.

I agree with kao_ray, I think this variant will bring the beginning of the end of the COVID pandemic.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I fucking hope so. But as the EU already signed for billions of vaccines for 2022 and 2023 I sadly think this won't be the end..
I don't think it will end either. I think we'll see new variant next year. Plenty of people will drop their antibodies down and it will yet again be a danger so it will just keep rolling with a different name. We'll just have to live with it.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Our God Bill Gates keeps reminding us there will be more and they will be worse, so yeah
If no one stops the gain of function experiments with viruses - sooner or later there will be another spill of a virus that wouldn't exist if it wasn't made in a lab. So far there is no sign that gain of function research will be stopped or at least heavily regulated.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Covid has contributed to destroying football. I doubt they would that, if they suspend again then there will be too much damage.
They'll suspend it again for sure. Omicron infects almost everyone (doesn't matter if vaccinated, boosted or previously infected) and they do regular testing. 100% is going to happen to all the major leagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)