Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (146 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Is there any obesity chart? I'm curious how we look

Anyway, I'm still curious how come after 50% vaccinated we have more new cases and more deaths compared to last year with no vaccines and pretty much same restrictions.
Because delta is like 10x more contagious and consequently also people are getting hit with higher viral loads. It’s that simple.

And even with Delta, here in BC, where we have over 80% of population vaxxed (including children who just got approved to be vaccinated), deaths are a fraction of what they were pre-vaccination.

- - - Updated - - -

Great news for hospitalization/severe illness/death. Still in the 80-90% effectiveness range after 6 months.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
For comparisons and discussions, here is also a graphic from the states

FEVRKh4X0AcWbd0?format=png&name=large.png
:tup:

It is pretty clear the vaccines are very effective at preventing the worst outcomes. It’s really bizarre that anyone would still be arguing against this at this point.

From October 16 - November 12 here, age-standardized hospitalization rate was 372.5 per 100k for unvaccinated vs 6.2 per 100k for fully vaccinated. 60X more likely to be hospitalized if unvaccinated. But I guess it isn’t effective. Lol

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The 21 yo drinking age policy clearly isn't working. They still got less braincells than lazy alcoholic Europeans.
most retarded policy ever. You can have guns, join the army, etc but you can’t buy alcohol or cigarettes under 21. Fucking stupid

- - - Updated - - -

The 21 yo drinking age policy clearly isn't working. They still got less braincells than lazy alcoholic Europeans.
most retarded policy ever. You can have guns, join the army, etc but you can’t buy alcohol or cigarettes under 21. Fucking stupid.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Because delta is like 10x more contagious and consequently also people are getting hit with higher viral loads. It’s that simple.

And even with Delta, here in BC, where we have over 80% of population vaxxed (including children who just got approved to be vaccinated), deaths are a fraction of what they were pre-vaccination.

- - - Updated - - -

Great news for hospitalization/severe illness/death. Still in the 80-90% effectiveness range after 6 months.
Moderna protection is great for symptomatic or even all infections, not only hospitalizations.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
How are you finding the UK drinking culture?
I didn't find it as bad as people make it out to be, except for drunken football fans - I saw those fuckers taking a wee uphill and peeing their own shoes lmao.

Tbh, I did see a couple of people who needed to be dragged out of a pub at 4 PM but other than that it's alright - the typical folks that have a glass of wine every evening.

I did like pub crawls and drinking in parks and public spaces. You'd get arrested for that here.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I read somewhere that after your Freedom Day twice as many people died in UK from COVID as in Germany. (4x normalized by population) That means AZ isn't working for shit

But it's loosely on my mind, can't remember the source

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)