Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (46 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No. Because we'll get another corona wave. Normal flu doesn't fuck up lungs and puts people on respirators.

In my lifespan I know nobody who suffered badly from a flu. None. But I know plenty who struggled with covid, some who BARELY survived and some who died. So no.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No. Because we'll get another corona wave. Normal flu doesn't fuck up lungs and puts people on respirators.

In my lifespan I know nobody who suffered badly from a flu. None. But I know plenty who struggled with covid, some who BARELY survived and some who died. So no.
i think the fear is that a person could potentially contract both the flu and covid at the same time.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

But it still starts and people start to question their health immediately once they see some symptons going on. Then, that leads to the fact that if people can't be tested people start to act like they might have covid-19 and that's it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But it still starts and people start to question their health immediately once they see some symptons going on. Then, that leads to the fact that if people can't be tested people start to act like they might have covid-19 and that's it.
So people imagine it and die? But it there was no covid news that happened they would have survived?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
So people imagine it and die? But it there was no covid news that happened they would have survived?
Just generally meant that when there's normal flu around and then there's covid-19, whatever symptons you have the more concerned people are. It has nothing to do with the imagination. It just means there's more panic around, which means more restrictions.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just generally meant that when there's normal flu around and then there's covid-19, whatever symptons you have the more concerned people are. It has nothing to do with the imagination. It just means there's more panic around, which means more restrictions.
Oh, that. Without a doubt. It's gonna be horrible and possibly plenty of people will get it when checking out for the normal flu.

So yeah, I expect restrictions which will be quite heavy.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You clearly haven’t, muppet. The first link, Verity talks about 0.9% with broader range of 0.4-3.6%. The Diamond Princess Cruise Ship study estimated 0.6%.

They talk about a growing number of studies further down in the article that are concluding with estimates of 0.5-1.0% IFR. A Brazilian study at 1% and the latest Spanish study at 1%. A Geneva seroprevalence study’s at 0.6%.

And the actual Spanish seroprevalence study I posted estimates 0.83%, higher in men, lower in women. possibly higher due to excess death toll and undercounted Covid deaths.

But ya know. Keep talking nonsense. Fair enough if you just want to make up your own numbers. Lol
I'll move this here, so we dont clog Murica thread.
Nah...Those are early estimates/researches but several studdies since pointed out IFR has tendecy to decline over longer period of observation. Data from Sero surveys, may vary significanty and they always tend to opt for higher figures. See survey drom New Delhi and inflated figures they presented, which were quickly discredited. The issue are always asymptomatic cases.

Medical Research Council estimates IFR at 0.3% for England, after 8 weeks of observation period. Office for National Statistics estimates IFR at 0.49%, but the latter is considered less stable than MRC due to falling 80% at the end of observation period.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/estimating-the-infection-fatality-ratio-in-england/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)