Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (57 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ya, but why people didn't wear masks when Covid-19 wasn't around?
You mean like Southeast Asians for the previous 16 years?

Wouldn't it do the same thing to these seasonal flu's and influenzas? Are we that dumb, that thousands of years in our existence we realized a simple mask that had been used for years by the doctors or other purposes etc, could prevent normal seasonal influenzas? Didn't we realize that a simple handshake was nothing but a ladder for any viruses, bacterias to come at us?

What's so different with this Covid-19 compared to before? Because it might cause a "death" ?
Yeah. It's just the flu, buddy, it's just the flu.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8,126
    You love to see it.

New Yorkers face fines for refusing to mask up after coronavirus uptick
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-idUSKBN26K2PB

Too bad it probably won't be enforced though.
    Did they pass a law to fine people for not wearing masks? Even though I'm a masktard, if not... that doesn't seem right to me. You can't just have the government fining people for whatever floats their boat.

He says he doesn't want to fine people. Sure. :seven:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Did they pass a law to fine people for not wearing masks? Even though I'm a masktard, if not... that doesn't seem right to me. You can't just have the government fining people for whatever floats their boat.

we have a fine system in SLC. Basically if you go in a building , refuse to put on a mask and the police are notified then you can be fined. It’s pretty reasonable

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8,128
    we have a fine system in SLC. Basically if you go in a building , refuse to put on a mask and the police are notified then you can be fined. It’s pretty reasonable
    Seems reasonable. Just trying to understand what authority they have behind it as I'm not familiar with these laws.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010

seems like they’re pretty reasonable about it

City officials will first offer free masks to those caught not wearing one in public. If the person refuses, they will face an unspecified fine, de Blasio told reporters.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

I'm not sure if it has been done so yet, but there is already a similar thing for people taking public transportation. But as @ALC said, the city has given out hundreds of thousands of masks over these past few months for free, there's no excuse at this point.

I don't want to go back to those days in April because some of God's chosen or some woke brave patriots think they know better.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Are you actually this dumb, or just pretending?
    I don’t know why you’re pretending to be an expert on this thing. Firstly, you do not know a shit about this. Secondly, nobody seems to know anything about this since nobody knows what to do. There’s things that are allowed, but at the same time they’re not. It’s recommend to wear a mask, but not mandatory. There’s all type of these so called ”experts”, yet all nations are approaching this differently. Then there’s moral included on all decisions. You can’t close everything, but at the same time you need to react and close something. Whether to take the job from someone or not.

What is right and what is wrong, who knows. To wear a mask or not. To watch football where players are not wearing masks or sports in general and accept it, while on a same note getting mad over the internet not doing it. I ain’t trying to be a saint and as long as im free to choose, i’ll make my own decisions.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

What is the difference between this and speeding tickets? Distracted driving tickets? No seatbelt tickets? Etc

- - - Updated - - -

Are you actually this dumb, or just pretending?
    He’s just pulling a Trump. Comparing it to seasonal flu, saying there is no evidence of efficacy of hand washing and masks (there is lots), and claiming the experts don’t know anything either.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I don’t know why you’re pretending to be an expert on this thing. Firstly, you do not know a shit about this. Secondly, nobody seems to know anything about this since nobody knows what to do. There’s things that are allowed, but at the same time they’re not. It’s recommend to wear a mask, but not mandatory. There’s all type of these so called ”experts”, yet all nations are approaching this differently. Then there’s moral included on all decisions. You can’t close everything, but at the same time you need to react and close something. Whether to take the job from someone or not.

What is right and what is wrong, who knows. To wear a mask or not. To watch football where players are not wearing masks or sports in general and accept it, while on a same note getting mad over the internet not doing it. I ain’t trying to be a saint and as long as im free to choose, i’ll make my own decisions.
    sometimes you just gotta lick a toilet seat :agree:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Why would you even wash your hands? Seems like a waste of time to me. Think about the time you waste washing your hands. You only live for so long.
    :agree:

Wasted too much time on hand-washing. Never again.

- - - Updated - - -

A smart man would just pee directly onto the hands
    Natural disinfectant. I mean who doesn’t pee in the shower to clean their feet?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh, I long for the good old days when certain Tuz conservatives were peddling Trump admin misinformation about children not being able to transmit COVID to others.

https://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/covid-19-cases-rising-among-us-children-as-schools-reopen/

Last edited:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    My maths teacher passed away a month ago from covid.

At least 5 people that I personally know have passed away due to covid.

I guess it's not as surprising when you realize that Bolivia is third on the ranking of deaths/population.

You can go clubbing now tho :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)