Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (47 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So today there were 14 positive cases with Premier League clubs returning to training for pre-season. It makes me wonder why no European competition tries to create a bubble like they have so successfully done in the NBA or F1.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Yeah but once a player leaves the bubble he needs to quarantine for 10 days to go back in meaning all risks zero

I just wonder why no European football federation tried something similar.
It’s very expensive even for basketball, where you can play 24/7 in a court with no problem. To pull this off you need many football pitches in a close proximity that can host 10 games or more a week and control over who’s in. On top of that the bubble environment cannot be just a bland stadium complex or you can’t do this for a long time. Disney is in a unique position to do this for NBA. I can’t see any place that can do this for Serie A.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It’s very expensive even for basketball, where you can play 24/7 in a court with no problem. To pull this off you need many football pitches in a close proximity that can host 10 games or more a week and control over who’s in. On top of that the bubble environment cannot be just a bland stadium complex or you can’t do this for a long time. Disney is in a unique position to do this for NBA. I can’t see any place that can do this for Serie A.
Well you don't really need Disney world for it to work. You just need players to not return to their homes, have no close contacts with friends or relatives and limit travel and you easily create a safe bubble in any holiday resort.

The Prem has 12 cases with players returning from holiday, Serie A already has 8 new active cases in the last two days. It just makes very little sense for other sports like the NBA or F1 to take such measures and football isn't doing anything (and even plan on playing with audience in Italy)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Well you don't really need Disney world for it to work. You just need players to not return to their homes, have no close contacts with friends or relatives and limit travel and you easily create a safe bubble in any holiday resort.

The Prem has 12 cases with players returning from holiday, Serie A already has 8 new active cases in the last two days. It just makes very little sense for other sports like the NBA or F1 to take such measures and football isn't doing anything (and even plan on playing with audience in Italy)
They may count on the fact that COVID is more under control in Europe than in the US. Serie A ran for 2 months without any problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)