Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (28 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
evolutionary biologist Bret Weinstein suggests that this virus is lab made. One of the main points why is because it looks like Covid-19 virus has been manipulated by gain of function to be more infectious. So it's entirely possible that this virus existed for a long time but was hard to spread because it is not well suited for human to human transmission and in 2019 he was given a lab boost.
So the Chinese did this to themselves then. :juvefan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
@Ronn Can mayors in TX, esp in big cities, make their own decisions and not have to follow the gov's orders?

It's like that here. I wonder how Atlanta is doing.
Technically yes, but state legislators can always pass rules overriding those city regulations. For instance state passed a law a few years ago giving more freedom to cut trees on your property. Austin had previously tightened restrictions on that.
Courts sometime intervene too. Austin had a plastic bag ban since 2013 but sometime in 2018(?) Texas supreme court ruled that cities cannot alter solid waste management. It goes the other way too. Lina Hidalgo, Harris county judge had a public fight with Abbott over her SIP order earlier this year.
Some counties are already mandating wearing masks since it's not required at state level. Most of the counties with large population have one already. I don't expect Abbott to move to nullify that. But if they start issuing SIP orders then Abbott might see it as red line to his authority. It all depends on how bad the situation will get.

- - - Updated - - -

Testing in Texas is all over the place. For past five days th enumber of tests conducted were 52k 38k 30k 39k 28k. With 5700 cases today the positivity rate is 20%. Also, Texas Medical Center in Houston has not updated their website since June 24 when they announced their regular ICU capacity is at 100% full. Things don't seem good in Texas.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
After days of 300+ increase in hospitalizations in Texas the number actually fell slightly on Sunday.
Do you follow the situation in Iran? Tehran and Esfahan seem to be getting their second peak but Qom and Gilan aren’t; they estimate ~50% caught it during the first peak there so they attribute the current low rate to herd immunity because all businesses are open yet unlike Tehran and Esfahan hospitalization hasn’t increased - if true, this gives me hope for New York :grin:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Do you follow the situation in Iran? Tehran and Esfahan seem to be getting their second peak but Qom and Gilan aren’t; they estimate ~50% caught it during the first peak there so they attribute the current low rate to herd immunity because all businesses are open yet unlike Tehran and Esfahan hospitalization hasn’t increased - if true, this gives me hope for New York :grin:
Not as close since it’s hard to trust the data coming out. Thanks for the information.
I hope this fucking virus doesn’t mutate to something more deadly and this trend of winding down continues.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Of course this bullshit was going to happen. No reason to be visiting that cesspool.

NY student sparks COVID-19 cluster after returning from Florida

https://nypost.com/2020/06/27/ny-student-sparks-covid-19-cluster-after-returning-from-florida/
Is anyone surprised, really?

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-53218704
Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China
So does this mean G4 > 5G?

Fecking factory farming.
You can't open a bag of salad in the US without spinning the roulette wheel of whether you'll spend the next 48 hours fused to a toilet seat or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)