Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (77 Viewers)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
just found out my Uncle is in intensive care after getting the Virus,
he was improving the past couple of days at home, thought the worst of it was over then a second wave hit him

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen the video circulating around on Twitter of some Chinaman boiling a live dog in a Wok.

FFS...absolutely infuriated me...because now I’m hungry.
I'm sure if you look around Campsie enough you'll find some

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
he was improving the past couple of days at home, thought the worst of it was over then a second wave hit him

- - - Updated - - -

:rab:

That sucks, man. Wishing you and yours all the best and for your Uncle to make a full recovery.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What about shrimp/prawns?
I categorize everything under fish :D

Shrimps, eel, oysters, urchin, clams, mussels, prawns, crab, swordfish, barracuda :p

- - - Updated - - -

almost the same for me, although i prefer duck and chicken over turkey. i'd also include deer which is terrific food, even though it's rare to come by if you don't know some hunters. and wild boar over pork anytime. a good wild boar stew, damn... :heart: traditional horse sausage is delicious too. a former french teacher of mine cooked us some snails with garlic butter using their traditional recipe, one of the best food-related surprises ever.

anyway, bottom line is completely agreed on beef and fish over anything else. i probably never had a week without eating either of these.
Venison, goat, snails, wild boar, bison, deer, and goose are all great, but just like horse and ostrich they're not a regular thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Do scorpions carry disease or is it just the crunch factor?
The crunch factor, but I don't think they harbor disease. Also, the taste lingers and endures.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Damn sorry to hear that man. Hope he pulls through.

Do they know how he got it? From overseas or just being unlucky to be in contact with someone who already had the disease?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Damn sorry to hear that man. Hope he pulls through.

Do they know how he got it? From overseas or just being unlucky to be in contact with someone who already had the disease?
:heart: Thanks cobba,
I'm not really sure tbh, i don't think he has been overseas or anything recently, probably just bad luck

- - - Updated - - -

:rab:

That sucks, man. Wishing you and yours all the best and for your Uncle to make a full recovery.
Cheers PI :heart:, im sure it will turn out ok, just a reminder that its not only the very Elderly that can be effected i guess , he is only late 50's early 60's and generally pretty healthy

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sorry to hear that. Hope he pulls through.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully he gets a full recovery. Stay strong

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Yeah. I would imagine the hospitalization/critically ill numbers would be hugely affected by nature of the population being infected, and how good a job a society does of protecting those most vulnerable from contact.

We’ve done 185,000ish tests here in Canada so far. About 0.5% of our entire population.
NYS is doing a good job relatively when it comes to testing with 155k tests so far. Rest of the US not so much.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Prove it. Where's the reproduced study? This is how we got cold fusion, after all. :seven:

Meanwhile, this morning's air traffic in New Zealand vs the USA... a single cargo plane from LA to Sydney vs... ...spread it!!

0.jpeg

0 (1).jpeg
wow. I did not expect to see that many flights in US airspace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)