Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (73 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
China is such a bullshit country, can we please give them some freedom already??
Fuck yeah! Let’s freedomize them bitches.

- - - Updated - - -

USA biggest shithole in the world. Even worse than Zimbabwe or North-Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

USA biggest shithole in the world. Even worse than Zimbabwe or North-Korea. With your obese people what a joke
Plus size is the correct terminology

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
UK deaths up 100 to 578 today, getting to those early-mid stage Spain and Italy figures.

Self-employed people going to be paid up to £2500 p/m by the government.
Seems like only if they earn less than £50k per year, which seems pretty ridiculous. There was no limit on the employed scheme and I'm sure self employed people with wages of £50k have mortgages to pay too.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Italy and USA soon to have more cases than China. Maybe China is lying about numbers or Communism is much more strict when it comes to obeying rules.
it isn't a question if they are lying . the question is what's the extent of their lies.
PS if they didn't lie , they would not have expelled all those foreign journalists. they would have allowed them to witness the "the chinese miracle".

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,489
    This thing is going to chance society.

I'm looking at this from my point of view. Many lawyers do traffic law. For some it's part of their business, for some it's all of their business. There is literally no traffic in Belgium now though. Which means no accidents, no fines, no court cases. If this lasts 3-4 months, you can bet many firms are going to feel this and will have to cut people.

And then there's the fact that more and more people will say they can always work from home. Which again means less traffic, but not just for a few months, but indefinitely.

This is just one little aspect in one area, but I'm sure there are many similar changes in other areas.

- - - Updated - - -

You act as if that's what it comes down to. It not that easy. It's not that easy at all. You as a lawyer should know we can write books about this debate.
    Are courts even in session in Belgium or did they close as well? That's also a loss of revenue to the government.

I think you're right. We are moving forward with projects at my work with clients who are used to operating only in person. If things go smoothly, and folks realize hey, we don't need to be face to face all the time, more companies will move to remote work. And from a cost-savings perspective, it makes total sense. Why spend thousands or millions in fixed assets when you may only need one building for a headquarters with a few meeting rooms.

I also hope that this disaster is a catalyst to push people more towards being health and hygiene conscious. Sadly, many of the young folks dying from Covid seem to struggle with obesity, or other conditions, from what I have seen in the news. Apart from that, Americans need to be more self-aware with respect to hygiene, such as sneezing into your sleeve and keeping spaces clean. It shouldn't be hard, but it is for some people. It should move us to change culture because nobody wants to be sick, covid or no covid.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Seems like only if they earn less than £50k per year, which seems pretty ridiculous. There was no limit on the employed scheme and I'm sure self employed people with wages of £50k have mortgages to pay too.
    IIRC that was £2500 max too? Obviously it doesn't help people with big mortgages or high overheads, but they would be presumed to have savings on those kind of salaries, which might be a bit too presumptuous.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    IIRC that was £2500 max too? Obviously it doesn't help people with big mortgages or high overheads, but they would be presumed to have savings on those kind of salaries, which might be a bit too presumptuous.
    if Boeing doesn’t have savings, why should they?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    just as i said. how can china be allowed to own companies outside of the country when western and democratic countries aren't allowed to do that in china
    the australian goverment should force buy out the chinese stake in that company after the sh*t they pulled.
    most leaders are a bunch of pussies nowdays.
    They’d never do anything of the sort. Our government are a bunch of pussies.

And we kept allowing Chinese students (and tourists) into the country even after we knew they had started all of this bullshit.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Yeah £2,500 max by the sounds of it, which I think is reasonable. Some people may need to take a hit but given the situation I think most would accept that. If you at least offered the same limit to people on higher earnings it would help them pay their bills. Not every higher earner will have savings, especially in London.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)