Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (124 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2010
I guess we must watch what happens with Italy and we will be able to predict other EU countries two weeks ahead.

I hope recoveries number will keep on climbing, deaths dwindling and new cases number to slow down as well.

Once the gradual decline occurs, the medical staff will be able to coup and save even more lives.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Only if you have been infected in the previous 2 weeks. Self isolation and going only to the store minimizes the risk max. Not impossible but I'd say highly unlikely. But yeah, it's rather difficult to sustain like that.

We have increased testing drastically. It's still a small number compared to the big guys, but quite big for us, so I expect a big increase in number starting today. We turned Belgrade fair into a temporary hospital with 3000 beds, looks awful like it's 1999 again.
We are also finally getting more test kits which means we by the end of the next week we'll have a much clearer picture and I expect a lot more confirmed cases. Regarding my situation I'm working, but beside the work I'm mostly at home or walking a dog.

Sorry to hear that. But pls don’t think like that, you’re at risk, your life is always gonna be the most important thing, it’s the one thing you can’t have back. If you can stay home do so.

If your country hasn’t been hit hard yet that’s good, that means you will get proper treatment if you somehow get infected. The problem here in the US is that hospitals are already packed and the shit is gonna hit the fan in the upcoming weeks. the last thing anyone wants is to be sick when they’ll have to decide who will die or live cause it will get to that point here.

Anyway, protect yourself the best you can.
The problem here is that we have a fucked up country and system and while our officials reacted surprisingly well to the outbreak, our inept medical personnel (I mean mostly on our director) and lack of tests and testing is complicating things much more.

We'll see what happens in next few days, I'll wait till Monday to decide should I ask for a sick leave or continue to work.

And thank you very much!

@CrimsonianKing

Hey brothers. I too have diabetes. Among other underlying issues. I get scared too. The only good thing about all of this is that I work from home, so aside from going out to get food and supplies, I'm not as exposed to the elements as some others. But the part that really frightens me is that my wife is now working from home as of 2 weeks ago, and my 4 year old has been home for the past couple of weeks, and with me leaving the house several times a week, I'm not doing anyone any favors.

Common sense says that I SHOULDN'T be the one that goes out to do the shopping for things we need, and dropping my son off to his grandparents a few days a week, but I can't bear the thought of putting my wife at risk. If it has to be one of us that gets sick, or worse, then I would much rather it be me.
You should be careful but try to not jeopardize anyone, does your wife have underlying medical condition? If not, than you are probably more vulnerable than she is and you should watch yourself and try to not stress about it.

Hope you'll be fine!

I'd say lower your diabetes and hypertension by sleeping well, exercising, eating well (healthy, not too much, not before bed, and do time restricted eating), and meditating. Will see results soon.

Dark green leafies and cruciferous veggies daily. Those are most important but also alium (onion family, garlic), beta carotene (carrots, sweet potato), lycopene from tomato, celery, purple/blue/red pigmented fruits, beets, pulses. Turmeric is important, consume with black pepper and fat to make it more bioavailable. An oz (palmful) of nuts/seeds daily or .7 oz (20g) 5 days/week.

Supplements are just supplements, but D3 is very important, get C from diet, Mg from greens & nuts/seeds (if you're not eating enough greens, which you should, need to supplement), Moringa (kuli kuli brand is good) or grow broccoli sprouts if you can be arsed. Other than that, fish/krill oil, k2 or eat natto.

- - - Updated - - -

And limit sugar intake
Thanks mate, I loved your posts in the gym thread too (yeah, I mostly lurk), they are really informative even though I know the most of what you wrote and I'm implementing almost everything (I only haven't started to workout again). I have diabetes type 1 for almost thirty years and I already survived four years of war with it, so I'm pretty experienced :D

But I'll try to be more careful and up my game a little bit more.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'm beginning to think there should be a progressive return to work but a careful one. Not all the staff and it should alternate. Taking the utmost precautions by having hand sanitizer everywhere, alcohol to disinfect and social distancing. Only those that test negative

The problem is we can't afford staying in this situation. The economy will collapse and everyone will suffer. I know Trump can be ridiculous, but still. The world is fucked at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

It's also important to save lives. i don't even know anymore what could be done. This is fucked

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2013
Yesterday the director of Paris hospitals complained pitifully on the radio of no longer having materiels and doctors, the same who deleted hospital beds, who dismissed medical staff, asshole here is the fruit of your policy.

Today a first policeman died because of covid 19. Like all these colleagues who do checks, they don't wear masks because we don't have enough.
China produces almost 50% of the masks in the world. In Europe, only four states, the Czech Republic, France, Germany and Poland, manufacture this equipment which corresponds to 10% of current needs.

These fucking idiots who wanted to all relocate their production and depend on others, have forgotten that in a crisis, brotherhood, borderless no longer exist, it's each for himself. All of these politicians who put us in this situation will be held accountable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh please, dude. It’s Trump-level stupidity and nonsense to suggest the media actually wants America to remain shut down and the economy to of down the shitter just to stop Trump getting re-elected. It was a full retard claim, but Trump makes those multiple times a day so not really surprising.
That part is bullshit of course.

But there is something not that dumb in Trump saying he can't understand why you'd shut down the economy over this. At the end of the day the vast majority of people dying are over 80. Now I'm not saying they deserve to die or that we shouldn't care about them as a society. But if you shut down the economy, you also shut down the lives of younger people. What about the 34 year old who started his own restaurant last year? Or the 24 year old lawyer trying to get his first cases? These are careers we might be ending.

And then there's the question if, maybe, we should go for herd immunity.

I don't know. It's the first time I've ever heard Trump say things I might agree with.

Only because he always says those things though.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
That part is bullshit of course.

But there is something not that dumb in Trump saying he can't understand why you'd shut down the economy over this. At the end of the day the vast majority of people dying are over 80. Now I'm not saying they deserve to die or that we shouldn't care about them as a society. But if you shut down the economy, you also shut down the lives of younger people. What about the 34 year old who started his own restaurant last year? Or the 24 year old lawyer trying to get his first cases? These are careers we might be ending.

And then there's the question if, maybe, we should go for herd immunity.

I don't know. It's the first time I've ever heard Trump say things I might agree with.

Only because he always says those things though.
That 34 yo is obese and also a high risk.

Everyone is going for herd immunity (inevitable) but via flattening the curve to not overwhelm the hospitals.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That 34 yo is obese and also a high risk.

Everyone is going for herd immunity (inevitable) but via flattening the curve to not overwhelm the hospitals.
Yep, I think that's the main goal in most countries. It seems the virus spreads way too easy to just let it go and let everyone have it. Way too many sick people would die, not just old folks. But yeah, the main issue are the hospitals not being able to handle so many cases. Not any country would be able to handle such numbers.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I'm beginning to think there should be a progressive return to work but a careful one. Not all the staff and it should alternate. Taking the utmost precautions by having hand sanitizer everywhere, alcohol to disinfect and social distancing. Only those that test negative

The problem is we can't afford staying in this situation. The economy will collapse and everyone will suffer. I know Trump can be ridiculous, but still. The world is fucked at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

It's also important to save lives. i don't even know anymore what could be done. This is fucked
then be ready for milions of sicks and thousands death/daily

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Eventhough I agree with you about the economy, there should be a sufficient amount of tests available, which isn't possible right now. Could you imagine how an entire office/factory getting tested before work? Also, a test could come in negative one day and positive 14 days further. It wouldn't even give us a certain insurance that a work environment is safe.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aberdeen have been told their insurance to protect against a loss of earnings due to a pandemic will cease at the end of April.
The Pittodrie club has a business interruption policy but say the wording in relation to the coronavirus outbreak is to be removed upon renewal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52048960

Wonder how many other businesses are getting fucked over like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)