Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (193 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I play online games on playstation. And I know its the last place you expect sound and mature conversation, but even in online gaming standards, some of the americans I played with or against say things that truly shock me. Few Trump/truthers guys, and they genuinely believe the virus is a libtard hoax to weaken trump, and go on whole rants, I sighed so loudly and hope they were joking. They were not :rofl:I mean even a global virus is not immune to insanely retarded toxic divisive partisan politically driven agendas.

One of them was probably @AFL_ITALIA 's cousin ;)
You don't understand how lucky you are to live in a society with an educated, mature population. We're going to have issues like this here for at least the next half a century.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
My former employer sent everyone home last week after it was known that an employee based in India traveling back home from Austin was tested positive. Apparently that dude was holding his meetings at the same building and floor as I used to work.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
US testing capacity is increasing steadily, but safe to say Pence's "1 million test by the end of the week" pledge is not going to happen.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
“free market”
Relax, comrade, ease up on your unwarranted attacks on the free world. It's not like you know the meaning of the word "free", anyway ...

On a related note, my informants in the White House are telling me that within a day, the Commander In Chief of the Free World will announce a $5 trillion injection that will cover the cost of tests and treatment for caronavirus patients. Obviously, the well-being of the people is his highest priority.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
They should do whatever these two countries doing

Denmark - 674 positive cases. No dead people.
Sweden - 687 positive cases. Only 1 elder man dead

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,233
    No, there's no evidence for that at all
    There's no evidence for it with this virus specifically (since we don't know enough about the virus), but the hypothesis is that higher UV radiation and increased humidity could possibly limit its lifespan in the air and on surfaces. There's a reason why they store these sort of viruses in colder, dry conditions. Hopefully that comes to fruition, just like the "regular flu."

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    They should do whatever these two countries doing

Denmark - 674 positive cases. No dead people.
    Sweden - 687 positive cases. Only 1 elder man dead
    Denmark went from 59 cases to 615 in 72 hours. Sweden only tests elderly and those in hospitals. That’s the opposite of what anyone should be doing.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Denmark went from 59 cases to 615 in 72 hours. Sweden only tests elderly and those in hospitals. That’s the opposite of what anyone should be doing.

Yep, me personally and people I know been told cant get tested because I havent been in Italy (or Iran), ignoring I work around international airport, and in the city where the 300 of the 600+ cases are in, with daily commutes involving 100-1000s people. And that we are WELL past the stage of only infected being people that traveled to those exposed countries, or were in contact only with people who have. Nope, its spreading domestically like anywhere else now.

The "severity" of the virus hasnt really hit home yet in the mindset of the governing bodies. And its rapidly increasing despite little to no deaths, but I wouldnt either encourage or applaude them for their passive attitude. They give enough info, but not seeing enough action yet. Good start to take away the first sick day thats unpaid for workers as a goverment decision. Now you get paid for any and every day you are out sick, to encourage people to stay home at any sign of symptons.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,238
    "Open the door to QE?" And there you have it, @Bjerknes
    It isn't hard to predict, because all central banks engage in this nonsense, even when there aren't 20% moves down in the market. They love debt and will use any opportunity to issue more of it as long as they don't make their intentions obvious. At the end of the day, you, me, and the rest of Americans are the borrower from the Fed, but we don't garner the benefits from it -- that right is only reserved for the banksters to buy up more assets. And that's exactly what will happen once they cover their shorts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 184)