Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (56 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
no it doesn't, look at Iran. Also there was this corona infection with camels in the middle east some years ago so coronas can flourish in any weather.

I'd recommend watching Rogan's podcast with Michael Osterholm The guy predicted the outbreak in China in his 2017 book.
Yes I looked at Iran and currently the weather is much different there than it is in India. The difference in temperature is ~15 degrees.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
@Ronn

He just misspoke. Just tweeted that trade will be in no way affected.
Apparently also misspoke about waiving out of pocket for treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

no it doesn't, look at Iran. Also there was this corona infection with camels in the middle east some years ago so coronas can flourish in any weather.

I'd recommend watching Rogan's podcast with Michael Osterholm The guy predicted the outbreak in China in his 2017 book.
Not saying he’s right, but Iran is not a warm tropical place. Winter was harsh this year.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
So as I stated earlier my wife is a nurse and they have just been told the hospital won't be providing them with masks. So she'll be forced to work around sick people without fucking protection. It's infuriating. Luckily we have some laying around the house but we'll have to figure something out. Fuck them!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
So as I stated earlier my wife is a nurse and they have just been told the hospital won't be providing them with masks. So she'll be forced to work around sick people without fucking protection. It's infuriating. Luckily we have some laying around the house but we'll have to figure something out. Fuck them!
That’s really fucked up. Hope that changes under pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Dow futures are down 5%.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Could be, but it depends I guess. Increased number of infected people doesn't necessarily mean increased consequences/more sick people. "Buying time" seems to be essential anyway...
For what? For a vaccine? It's kinda crazy when you hear it's gonna stop in a year or year and a half. Dunno what's going on with the cure, last time I heard they could provide it within 18 months period, so I don't know how much time they can buy.

It's a huge scale to manage imo. I don't even know how to fight a virus that spreads through breathing. Kinda impossible to shut down the whole industry and stop working, people would die of starvation. And I don't know if they shut down schools what happens to those kids, who will look after them. It seems richer people will have more comfort.

I've read multiple times that masks don't even help here. When it all began I heard that masks do fine but one should change them once they get wet. Then I heard they don't even work. I think they said the same on the postcast posted above.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Which country is she working at?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
For what? For a vaccine? It's kinda crazy when you hear it's gonna stop in a year or year and a half. Dunno what's going on with the cure, last time I heard they could provide it within 18 months period, so I don't know how much time they can buy.

It's a huge scale to manage imo. I don't even know how to fight a virus that spreads through breathing. Kinda impossible to shut down the whole industry and stop working, people would die of starvation. And I don't know if they shut down schools what happens to those kids, who will look after them. It seems richer people will have more comfort.

I've read multiple times that masks don't even help here. When it all began I heard that masks do fine but one should change them once they get wet. Then I heard they don't even work. I think they said the same on the postcast posted above.
Medical grade masks help I'm pretty sure

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

N95 masks do help preventing airborne infection.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's fucking disgraceful

Perfectly in line with the way we've been handling the whole thing. I find it amusing and somewhat alarming that Tucker Carlson, of all people, has been the voice of reason on Fox news, going after the administration and even slyly going after some of his constituents on the network, for how the administration and Republicans are responding to this.

Also, this whole "Flights from Europe are banned except for the UK". Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he has golf courses and resorts in Great Britain, would it?

- - - Updated - - -

You and your wife are in my thoughts, buddy. Just because she is doing God's work doesn't mean that she needs to be fast tracked to meet him. :heart:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Is it Xenophobic to blame china for this mess?
Not at all, I hate them for this

- - - Updated - - -

Blame their government for not consequently getting rid of all the wet markets, a known breeding ground for such viruses.
Agreed. The Chinese are so fucked up in what they eat, they really asked for this themselves and now we have to deal with it as well because they have to eat weird shit from obscure markets without any food control.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The Chinese are so fucked up in what they eat, they really asked for this themselves and now we have to deal with it as well because they have to eat weird shit from obscure markets without any food control.
I'd be interested in actual numbers. Like how many percent do actually buy from those markets?

I'd assume many chinese people are just as disgusted form those markets as we are. Ultimately it's up to the government to take care of the wet markets though. How many viruses does it take for them to close them once and for all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)