Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (95 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Small potatoes compared to the true menace, seasonal flu. Covid-19 shouldn’t even be in the news. Common cold is worse.
Covid is just at the beginning it has barely infected anyone. The flu kills 0.1% or so on average of those who are infected. Covid is currently at 1-2.5%.

Actual death count of Covid is currently low because very few people have been infected. If its gets as widespread as the flu or the cold, then its more than 10 times more deadly than the flu.

Thats why containment is important. If the regular flu killed 1 in a hundred people instead of 1 in a thousand we'd be freaking out about it too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Covid is just at the beginning it has barely infected anyone. The flu kills 0.1% or so on average of those who are infected. Covid is currently at 1-2.5%.

Actual death count of Covid is currently low because very few people have been infected. If its gets as widespread as the flu or the cold, then its more than 10 times more deadly than the flu.

Thats why containment is important. If the regular flu killed 1 in a hundred people instead of 1 in a thousand we'd be freaking out about it too.
It was a joke, my friend. I was teasing Dusan about his weird conspiracy theories here ;)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It was a joke, my friend. I was teasing Dusan about his weird conspiracy theories here ;)
I am in a really bad mental place I missed the joke sorry.

My grandma had a mini-stroke and is in critical state in Egypt. My Dad is in Qatar (her son), my brother in Saudi, and my Aunt in Saudi (her daughter), and I am in Canada. And travel from/to Egypt and all neighbouring states is banned because of the virus so none of us can be with her. She has 1 nephew and 1 grandkid with her and we feel fucking helpless.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

My grandma had a mini-stroke and is in critical state in Egypt. My Dad is in Qatar (her son), my brother in Saudi, and my Aunt in Saudi (her daughter), and I am in Canada. And travel from/to Egypt and all neighbouring states is banned because of the virus so none of us can be with her. She has 1 nephew and 1 grandkid with her and we feel fucking helpless.
damn, that’s terrible. My best wishes and hoping for a recovery

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Older population, high percentage of smokers, but overall :boh:
old population, yes. the average age of the deceased people is over 80. not sure about smokers.

italy is 5th in the world when it comes to life expectancy, so it has one of the oldest populations in the world. it's very unlucky that so many old people got infected.

also, quarantine as a precaution measure works.

no newly diagnosed patients in codogno, for 5he first time in 3 weeks if i understood some italian articles correctly.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

damn, hope it gets better. Love you bro

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

terrible news. stay strong man.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Best wishes, I hope your grandma recovers, that's terrible. Stay positive, I know it's difficult but hopefully you'll be able to try at least. That can help mentally

Do you have any other relatives that can assist her in Egypt?

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Fuck, man. That’s awful. I’m sorry. My best wishes for you and your family and a quick recovery your Grandma.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Small potatoes compared to the true menace, seasonal flu. Covid-19 shouldn’t even be in the news. Common cold is worse.
If seasonal flu killed 10k people in France then we're yet to see covid kill more. So far it killed 30 in a month, or two.

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks. Stay strong.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Wishing you and your family the best.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #896
    how is there such a high mortality rate in Italy? :shifty:
    Probably because 50% of the actual cases haven't been tested or reported. Basically everyone other than footballers and Wuhan Zhang have the virus in Italy.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    :lol2: I like it despite the mockery on my behalf.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...nfowars-7-bat-sht-conspiracy-theories-195468/

he believes that the Clintons invented a machine to control the weather and that they are vampire satanist pedophiles who rape then consume the souls of children. These vampires are widespread throughout the US government and all major media corps.

Trump, while running for president, appeared on his program.

i havent looked into his views on coronavirus but im sure he wouldnt miss the chance for a good conspiracy

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)