Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (115 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #165
    It's only a matter of time, really. No idea how New York could handle this.
    I bet it's already there and we're just waiting for the incubation period to be over.

At that point, I really hope my company allows me to work strictly remote...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've convinced myself to buy some non-perishable food and order more water jugs. Hopefully we don't have to use it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    so how do i best go about preparing for my inevitable coronavirus?
    Having some non-perishable food and water stocked up should be helpful, I don't think it's too unreasonable to assume that shipments of goods would be adversely affected.

I bet it's already there and we're just waiting for the incubation period to be over.

At that point, I really hope my company allows me to work strictly remote...
    Could be, with the large Chinese population. The lunar new year ended a while ago though, so we might've just somehow got lucky.

If you pressure them enough I'm sure they'll cave, if any resistance is put up. Hell, they might even mandate it.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #167
    Having some non-perishable food and water stocked up should be helpful, I don't think it's too unreasonable to assume that shipments of goods would be adversely affected.

Could be, with the large Chinese population. The lunar new year ended a while ago though, so we might've just somehow got lucky.

If you pressure them enough I'm sure they'll cave, if any resistance is put up. Hell, they might even mandate it.
    I'm pretty certain they will. Our company doesn't even have desks with name tags on them and many are scattered across the country. I also worry about some of the clients we have to go to.

It is a little interesting how no cases have been reported in NYC despite the large Chinese-American population.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I'm pretty certain they will. Our company doesn't even have desks with name tags on them and many are scattered across the country. I also worry about some of the clients we have to go to.

It is a little interesting how no cases have been reported in NYC despite the large Chinese-American population.
    Maybe the Chinese population there does not have any ties to Wuhan. The only cases in the US have been caught during travel here iirc

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Yes, there is a site to check how americans will be affected by the biggest most vicious and deadly virus in the world

Thanks. Better than I thought, will happily pay that. Will get back more esp if there's an emergency.

This isn't a lot at all considering how much it (and the tax on stock trades - potentially a bigger issue) will fix.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
    Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) would like to ensure that you are aware of specific CDC resources outlining the current COVID-19 guidance for healthcare professionals. Please refer to the following CDC website guidance about this topic (also attached):

· “Evaluating and Reporting Persons Under Investigation (PUI)” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/clinical-criteria.html)

· “Flowchart to Identify and Assess 2019 Novel Coronavirus” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/identify-assess-flowchart.html)

· “Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) or Persons Under Investigation for COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/infection-control.html)

· “What Healthcare Personnel Should Know about Caring for Patients with Confirmed or Possible 2019-nCoV Infection” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/caring-for-patients.html)

· “Healthcare Professionals: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html)

· “Healthcare Professional Preparedness Checklist For Transport and Arrival of Patients Potentially Infected with 2019-nCoV” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/hcp-personnel-checklist.html)

These CDC guidelines address the criteria for evaluating and reporting persons under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19, infection prevention recommendations and preparedness in healthcare settings. A comprehensive list of all current CDC guidance regarding COVID-19, including the above, has also been attached for your reference.

Also attached is a DCHHS Physician Checklist for COVID-19 to assist providers in your management of patients who may have COVID-19 infection. Additional resources for healthcare providers, including Travel Alert posters, are linked on our Dallas County website under the “Information for Clinicians” tab.

As this is a rapidly evolving situation, CDC guidelines are likely to be frequently updated. Please continue to refer to the CDC, DSHS or DCHHS websites for the most up to date recommendations.

Facilities located in Dallas County are encouraged to call our 24/7 on-call number (214-235-1977) for any questions.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    so how do i best go about preparing for my inevitable coronavirus?
    Well, the same things you can do with a normal flu - keep your immune system well with good sleep, nutrition, exercise. Avoid places where there are many people as much as you can.

+ keep in mind that for a week or two panic might hit when the first clusters of cases are found in your area, so it is not a bad idea to have some food, water and medical supplies in hand.

]

the health minister... COVID-19 got no chill

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)