Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (39 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm sure not all vaccines are made equal. Plus, the UK government has already suspended under 30 vaccination with AstraZeneca.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-04-07...-astrazeneca-covid-jab-key-questions-answered

Maybe I'm crazy but I just trust for profit vaccines more than non profit ones like J&J and AstraZeneca.
If they're all approved by the FDA and other such bodies, what's the problem?

The AstraZeneca issue seems to be quite minor. And if that could happen with one vaccine then it could happen with any of them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

The AstraZeneca issue seems to be quite minor. And if that could happen with one vaccine then it could happen with any of them.
Companies were so sure about their product that they don't let you sue them :agree: you just sign a paper it's all you who's held responsible.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

If I can get the extra protection that Pfizer and Moderna offer, then why not? That's really how I see it. There's more than enough Pfizer and Moderna doses for people under 30, according to the UK health secretary.

Americans probably won't even dip into their AstraZeneca stock to vaccinate the population. Why? They can give better vaccines to their people.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
But :gsol: all of the resources were focus on making the medicine so world can live normally once again :gsol:

So instead of making a vaccine for 20-60 years, like they were done in the past, now it's made after 4 months and you just have to #believe
And if a vaccine may cause issues, however minor, well it's still better to take it for the greater good. But don't worry, there won't be any more issues arising from other vaccines. That was just a one-off. We know this because the experts assured is that it's safe.

Anyway. The whole point of lockdowns, restrictions and vaccines was not to eliminate Covid, but to reduce hospitalizations and the burden on health care systems, right?

So once the elderly and high-risk get them, hospitalizations should go down and we're fine - vaccines will be completely voluntary, right? Nah, there's a chance for the vaccinated to still get infected, so as many people as possible have to get the "jab".

Somehow I wouldn't get my hopes up that once the hospitalizations go down that the authorities will be satisfied with that. We're probably gonna be in pandemic mode for a while yet imo.

- - - Updated - - -

If I can get the extra protection that Pfizer and Moderna offer, then why not? That's really how I see it. There's more than enough Pfizer and Moderna doses for people under 30, according to the UK health secretary.

Americans probably won't even dip into their AstraZeneca stock to vaccinate the population. Why? They can give better vaccines to their people.
Sorry, not in the loop about which are the best vaccines.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And if a vaccine may cause issues, however minor, well it's still better to take it for the greater good. But don't worry, there won't be any more issues arising from other vaccines. That was just a one-off. We know this because the experts assured is that it's safe.

Anyway. The whole point of lockdowns, restrictions and vaccines was not to eliminate Covid, but to reduce hospitalizations and the burden on health care systems, right?

So once the elderly and high-risk get them, hospitalizations should go down and we're fine - vaccines will be completely voluntary, right? Nah, there's a chance for the vaccinated to still get infected, so as many people as possible have to get the "jab".

Somehow I wouldn't get my hopes up that once the hospitalizations go down that the authorities will be satisfied with that. We're probably gonna be in pandemic mode for a while yet imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, not in the loop about which are the best vaccines.
Not for a while but forever. We'll get another wave after the summer, like previous year. Then next year they will ask for another shot.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Last edited:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
But :gsol: all of the resources were focus on making the medicine so world can live normally once again :gsol:

So instead of making a vaccine for 20-60 years, like they were done in the past, now it's made after 4 months and you just have to #believe
Economic pressure bruh.

"Israel, which is on course to vaccinate all its citizens before any other country—having denied responsibility for vaccinating the Palestinians of the Occupied Territories—this month acknowledged paying $23.50 per dose on average to Pfizer and Moderna to obtain early shipments. Even at this high price, vaccinating the entire population of Israel costs the economy only as much as two days of lockdown. Uniquely, Israel agreed to give Pfizer anonymised health data from all of its citizens as part of the deal."

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n281

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Everyone at my office (healthcare personnel) took the AstraZeneca vaccine, except me. Next day vaccination was stopped. That is what you get for being a sheep, use your own brain for once.

If you are fit and healthy, why risk it?
What is the chance of you developing a complication from this vaccine compared to developing one from the virus itself? That's fine that you decided to not get it, but "using your brain" would dictate that you go with the statistically better option rather than "being a sheep" and going against the science just out of some weird notion of expressing individuality.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
What is the chance of you developing a complication from this vaccine compared to developing one from the virus itself? That's fine that you decided to not get it, but "using your brain" would dictate that you go with the statistically better option rather than "being a sheep" and going against the science just out of some weird notion of expressing individuality.
Man, this is a rushed vaccine, and we don't know the side effects.

I will be fine. COVID-19 is overhyped, no worse than the flu.

- - - Updated - - -

edit: people get brainwashed way too easily :sad:

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
the number of infected people in iran has reached 2,006,934 with 22,586 new cases since Wednesday. This shit is out of control and is not going to end anytime soon.
gyms and organizations are closed again and Telework has been increased since last week.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Man, this is a rushed vaccine, and we don't know the side effects.

I will be fine. COVID-19 is overhyped, no worse than the flu.
The "rushed" thing is overblown in my opinion. Coronaviruses have been studied for decades, along with the newer technology used in these vaccines. We've had vaccinations for a century now in general as well. This is a development that should be globally celebrated, as there is a lot of potential in these mRNA vaccines.

Again, statistically it is far worse than the standard yearly flu. Those don't overwhelm hospitals and kill hundreds of thousands in a year, come on man look at what has happened in the past year. I'm not going to argue this, it would be stupid to do so when it's clear as day.

Like I said, it's fine if you choose not to get it, but be real and accept the situation.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Agreed you are free to do whatever you want, and the risk is slim, but the advice for younger people to not take aszrazeneca is coming from science too, with more and more countries only giving it to the elderly, the group that's more at risk to fall victim to the virus.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
These vaccines came out a lot sooner than were being predicted last year. I wonder what would be our situation now if the vaccines still weren't ready.
The real challenge everyone is getting the vaccine to every single person although it probably kill more than it can cure.
i have been taking Vitamin D3 for several months now. Contracted Covid19 at work. I heard how vitamin D,C and zinc were helping against getting Covid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)