Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (76 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:agree:

Massive fuckup from the Andrews government. Can’t believe they hired local, improperly trained security to deal with such a vital security situation.

Gladys B and the Libs are cunts, but she got our greatest public servant (police commissioner Fuller) to oversee our hotel quarantine, with federal cops and the army watching over it all and so far so good.

I hope you’re safe and well and things get better down there for you soon.
Thanks mate! All ok for now! You too

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you leave rules as polite suggestions, nobody will take you seriously and now the entire population is at risk because of your limp-wristed leadership.

Martial law is a thing and should only be employed under dire circumstances. But it exists for the same reason.

Relying on a fully aware, believing, compliant public without repercussions is a recipe for nobody to follow.

Just sayin'...
Even martial law itself has to be constitutional. There are terms and conditions under which you can install martial law.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If you leave rules as polite suggestions, nobody will take you seriously and now the entire population is at risk because of your limp-wristed leadership.

Martial law is a thing and should only be employed under dire circumstances. But it exists for the same reason.

Relying on a fully aware, believing, compliant public without repercussions is a recipe for nobody to follow.

Just sayin'...
0F3CEDC4-4A47-4BC9-80A4-49D6CECAC406.jpeg

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
They do now. Hell of a ride to get there and with NYC being the epicenter in the beginning, quite the gamble.
But most other parts of the country are in the middle of it now so you can’t really can’t compare the situations.
it might still blow up in Cuomo’s face but that’s a different matter.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But most other parts of the country are in the middle of it now so you can’t really can’t compare the situations.
it might still blow up in Cuomo’s face but that’s a different matter.
That's what I am saying. I'm for the schools to open but I am curious to see what the media says about it :p

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I still think it's very risky to open schools in the vast majority of the country. It seems promising in countries like Germany, but are we comparable in terms of things average class size, willingness of students to follow directions, etc? Opening schools here also means packing students into public transportation along with people going to and from work, which could increase the spread.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I still think it's very risky to open schools in the vast majority of the country. It seems promising in countries like Germany, but are we comparable in terms of things average class size, willingness of students to follow directions, etc? Opening schools here also means packing students into public transportation along with people going to and from work, which could increase the spread.
So you think everything should stay closed until we come up with an experimental vaccine that may or may not work?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So you think everything should stay closed until we come up with an experimental vaccine that may or may not work?
No, but there are considerations that need to be minded is all. Rural New York schools I think can be opened with no problem and a few precautions for example, as there are virtually no cases there, smaller classes, and getting to school doesn't involve being crammed shoulder to shoulder in a packed train and/or bus for an hour+.

To get into my high school in the morning I would have to get on a city bus which quickly filled up, then stand outside and wait on line to go through the metal detectors with easily around 100 or so other students, to get into a packed school of over 3,000 other students. So in my first hour of being awake I've come into contact with a countless amount of people. Going back to normal like that could very easily end badly in my obviously non-expert opinion. I hope that we will lean heavily on blended learning to reduce the number of people present at all of those steps.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think they were discussing a way of alternating days for kids. At least that’s what I was told by a teacher friend. Which makes sense, it’s better than doing nothing.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I mean we are not trying to flatten the curve any more so not sure what the plan is.
Not even the unemployment curve either.

And any rumored vaccine -- when we have never successfully created a vaccine for a coronavirus before (and there are many coronaviruses) - has so many failure hurdles even if it passes the lab tests.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I mean we are not trying to flatten the curve any more so not sure what the plan is. Also democrats are also coming around to the idea of opening schools:

I think it’s fine to open schools but to say it’s an either/or scenario is not acknowledging the realities of the situation

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I know some girl that's a teacher in Florida. She's pissed as hell. Basically they closed down schools after 3000 cases but now with 60k they want to reopen. She's also scared shitless. When you see the filled hallways it's kinda crazy to just let it go like that. She's all for online, like majority of teachers apparently. Even when one student in a class gets corona they don't know the measures how to fight it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)