Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (135 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Actually in a cold and callous approach, it will no doubt be beneficial to shed off the books an ageing unproductive and non tax paying group which puts a lot of stress on govt health care spending and forces higher taxation to meet pension needs, what seven is saying is that what we have been witnessing so far is not the norm, we are not supposed to be living that long and what we are witnessing right now is more the norm.
That'd be a very fucked up way of seeing it. These people already paid their taxes, they already contributed their share. They're no burden to the system.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
It will be really ironic if the virus mutates and starts atacking younger, healthier (allegedly) douchebags. LOL.
Maybe next time, Mother Nature...

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Let me put this in words that everyone is able to understand: everyone is going to die in some moment anyway.
For all I care you send all people above 60 to improvised concentration camps. Hell, it would probably boost the economy by having to pay people to build them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
tenor.gif

And I fix it for you

- - - Updated - - -

Possible but that source looks as false as MLM from Russia

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You think the economy will be able to function in this crisis? Probably not. We might as well just save as many lives as possible.
Also what kind of fucked up society do we live in if money matters more than lives.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m hearing a lot of fear about the virus mutating, but most of the mutations reported for this coronavirus are very minor so far.
Besides, natural selection favors the survival of less virulent and less harmful strains than the highly dangerous ones. People have a misconception that viruses thrive by killing their host. They don’t. On the contrary, the healthier the host, the better it is for the virus.

Last edited:

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Getting naked seems like a pretty small insignificant thing imo. It’s not like there’s other people around them.

anyways, I’d say China killed travel, Air BnBs were thriving and I much prefer them over hotels. A lot of times the money goes to locals who own the house. If people are buying properties to turn them into Air BnBs and that jacks prices up, I don’t see how that’s any different than gentrification.
From Twitter

AirBnB is about to crash the US housing market. Thousands of super-hosts who bought 10, 20, 30 properties with mortgages and are heavily levered...are all about to default.
Without travel there is no rental income to pay these mortgages.

In 2-3 months - 2008 all over again
Boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Worst day so far for us. 115 newly infected and 7 deaths in the last 24h.

I think they will forbid us to outside for the full 24h. I think they will close down everything, probably only a matter of days.
Yeah terrible over there,since I'm serbian citizen i got affected,my cousins have to do 28 days quarantine , police constantly check on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/31/new-york-andrew-cuomo-coronavirus-ventilators

50 states bidding against each other for ventilators and FEMA bidding against them all too. It’s so sad it’s actually funny. :lol:

Good job Trump admin telling every state to fend for themselves so the federal government doesn’t have to allocate and supply. Who could have guessed this system would work like shit. :touched:

And now saying that federal government has a 10,000 ventilator stockpile they’ve been holding back. :sergio:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/31/new-york-andrew-cuomo-coronavirus-ventilators

50 states bidding against each other for ventilators and FEMA bidding against them all too. It’s so sad it’s actually funny. :lol:

Good job Trump admin telling every state to fend for themselves so the federal government doesn’t have to allocate and supply. Who could have guessed this system would work like shit. :touched:

And now saying that federal government has a 10,000 ventilator stockpile they’ve been holding back. :sergio:
My neighbor eats this shit up. Was going on and on about how this was all a plot to damage to Trump, not more dangerous than the flu and his big kick about we better not be spending any of his tax dollars on any federal programs, unemployment insurance, covering COVID related healthcare costs, feeding kids who used to rely on school supplied meals etc instead arrest the parents for neglect

His tune has changed ever since Trump started backing social distancing. Suddenly, its like the past never existed and now Trump is the one who saw all of this coming and blocked travel from China, Trump is right that acquiring ventilators and PPE should just be fought out between states and its not an issue because US is the most prepared nation in the world.

Today, he was bitching about how he won't get a stimulus check from the government because his income is too high and, when I brought it up to see if his opinion had changed, he is still against federal funds for improved unemployment or food support aka stimulus package actually benefiting the at risk? He still wants his check though. He's in the market for a Porsche 911 so he needs the money.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's cold blooded, your parents will soon be old and high risk. I'm a scientist, I work closely with medics and my wife is a clinical psychologist for the NHS. We'd never abandon the vulnerable.
It's not abandoning, it's protecting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
According to @Seven, let all old people die and then what? Throw em in the backyard I guess? Teach the kids how decomposition works or something. Maybe even open them up so they can see how organs work.

Fun for the whole family! And if any young people die, throw em there too, why the fuck not?
They are going to die regardless.

We spend all this energy curing them now, shutting down everyday life so they don't get infected and then they die of something else in a month or two.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We should strive to save every single person. Even @Seven and @GordoDeCentral.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
This is a far more complicated issue.

20-30 year olds have lives too. We compromise those lives by saving every 90 year old out there. That 90 year old has had a very long life. Why ruin the 25 year old's chance of happiness?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My neighbor eats this shit up. Was going on and on about how this was all a plot to damage to Trump, not more dangerous than the flu and his big kick about we better not be spending any of his tax dollars on any federal programs, unemployment insurance, covering COVID related healthcare costs, feeding kids who used to rely on school supplied meals etc instead arrest the parents for neglect

His tune has changed ever since Trump started backing social distancing. Suddenly, its like the past never existed and now Trump is the one who saw all of this coming and blocked travel from China, Trump is right that acquiring ventilators and PPE should just be fought out between states and its not an issue because US is the most prepared nation in the world.

Today, he was bitching about how he won't get a stimulus check from the government because his income is too high and, when I brought it up to see if his opinion had changed, he is still against federal funds for improved unemployment or food support aka stimulus package actually benefiting the at risk? He still wants his check though. He's in the market for a Porsche 911 so he needs the money.
Your neighbour sounds like a real class act. :touched:

I have a cousin like this. A fairly smart (in some ways), successful guy... but entirely lacking in empathy and compassion, and any goodwill towards anyone that doesn't help him get further ahead. Thinks everyone unemployed (or that is working poor) is a lazy bum trying to game the system. Brags about how awesome it is to live in a gated town where everyone has a 6 figure car in their driveway and there are no homeless people. Thinks Trump is amazing for sticking it to the libs.

It's bizarre how quick these people flip 180 after their saviour and lord Trump did. Nothing he said or did before ~March 10th exists now, it's all fake news and he never said or did anything to downplay or minimize coronavirus, he was always the one who knew it was a pandemic and prepared the US better than anyone for it, only the democrats and fake news media are trying to make out like the Trump admin response hasn't been perfect and no one could have done this better. lol

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Actually in a cold and callous approach, it will no doubt be beneficial to shed off the books an ageing unproductive and non tax paying group which puts a lot of stress on govt health care spending and forces higher taxation to meet pension needs, what seven is saying is that what we have been witnessing so far is not the norm, we are not supposed to be living that long and what we are witnessing right now is more the norm.
Bingo.

People refuse to accept what has been a biological truth for as long as the human race has existed.

We're calling this shit war and the worst thing since WW II ffs.

Let me absolutely clear: this is not even close to WW II. It's downright insulting to imply it is.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Bingo.

People refuse to accept what has been a biological truth for as long as the human race has existed.

Let me absolutely clear: this is not even close to WW II. It's downright insulting to imply it is.

Trump and his cronies are calling it this to try to imply they have done a great job if they keep US deaths under a quarter million. No one sane is. No one on Tuz is. Stop making nonsense up to support a dumb statement you made.

And you still haven't in the slightest addressed the fact that even if we followed your plan of abandoning all 80+ year olds, and letting this spread freely, the health care system of every nation in the world would be swamped and and unable to cope with the hospitalization and ICU rates of 20-65 year olds, let alone the 65-80 year olds at a much higher rate too.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Bingo.

is modern day western society psychologically prepared to endure something like this? Not in the slightest.

Your points have merit, maybe a more (coldly) sensible society would allow the old to die to preserve the future prospects of the young. I mean fuck a significant amount of the old probably would be willing but imo modern western society is simply not built/ prepared to accept something like this. I agree, its not comparable to WW2 but a majority of the population have never experienced anything close to this.

I am not a psychologist so I don't know what the effects would be.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Bingo.

I am assuming you have parents, grandparents, etc in your (extended) family?
So, why wait for coronavirus to get them, just smack them in the back of the head and wheel them out in a ravine or something.
Don't worry, I won't tell.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Your neighbour sounds like a real class act. :touched:

I have a cousin like this. A fairly smart (in some ways), successful guy... but entirely lacking in empathy and compassion, and any goodwill towards anyone that doesn't help him get further ahead. Thinks everyone unemployed (or that is working poor) is a lazy bum trying to game the system. Brags about how awesome it is to live in a gated town where everyone has a 6 figure car in their driveway and there are no homeless people. Thinks Trump is amazing for sticking it to the libs.

It's bizarre how quick these people flip 180 after their saviour and lord Trump did. Nothing he said or did before ~March 10th exists now, it's all fake news and he never said or did anything to downplay or minimize coronavirus, he was always the one who knew it was a pandemic and prepared the US better than anyone for it, only the democrats and fake news media are trying to make out like the Trump admin response hasn't been perfect and no one could have done this better. lol
Don't get it. Even a sociopath should see the personal benefit of living in a society with lower poverty, desperation, crime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)