Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (100 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
NY tested 10k people yesterday, of which ~2900 were positive.
Also nonessential businesses have to send all of their workers home. Previously it was 75%.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's what I was referring to. I recall the news saying that the results in France were good news and that a new test was increasing the sample size but same medicine I think.

Seems to be working :boh:
it worked in France but 40 isn’t a large enough sample size. Neither is 1500 but it will give an idea of side effects and whether the treatment is safe. Anti malaria drugs tend to be super harsh so it’s important to figure out side affects as well whether it works or not.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,329
    NY tested 10k people yesterday, of which ~2900 were positive.
    Also nonessential businesses have to send all of their workers home. Previously it was 75%.
    That's insane. That's like 30% of the testing population being positive. So many people have the virus in NYC. Are they seriously not going to quarantine the city?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    it worked in France but 40 isn’t a large enough sample size. Neither is 1500 but it will give an idea of side effects and whether the treatment is safe. Anti malaria drugs tend to be super harsh so it’s important to figure out side affects as well whether it works or not.
    Harsh on the body? What are the main side/after-effects?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    That's insane. That's like 30% of the testing population being positive. So many people have the virus in NYC. Are they seriously not going to quarantine the city?
    Good news is tests are ramping up. 10k yesterday, and 7.5k the day before. By this rate shelter in place will be the next move.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,337
    Crazy stuff on CNBC right now, basically investment folks yelling at each on how bad this will get. One guy says a lot of companies will be zeros and another guy saying that the economy will recover in a month. Unbelievable.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,339
    Rumor: Someone I know who works for FEMA is claiming there will be a national lockdown sometime over the weekend. They are stockpiling food today. No idea if true or not, but I know they work for FEMA. Could change, may not happen, may happen, I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)