Corentin Tolisso - M C - Olympique Lyonnais (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I want Tolisso here but as DM (next to Pjanic or Marchisio) not as Trequartista . He was horrible yesterday did not kn ow what to do. Fekir usually plays there, but against Roma Genesio played more a physical game.
I dont think anyone has ever considered him as one..

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
To be honest whilst I rate Tolisso, I feel we need a central midfielder with more attacking qualities than what I've seen from him this season.

If I was asked to name one player who I believe would add more flair, guile and vision to the current starting XI Thomas LEMAN currently at Monaco is the one.

He would be a perfect compliment to Marchisio, Pjanic and Cuadrado/Rincon.

At 21 yrs of age his €55m price tag (justified) represents excellent lack of depreciation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nah - playing with cuadrado, Mario, pjanic, dybala, Sandro, Alves and Higuain in one formation we need a hardworking "complete" midfielder. We have enough attacking prowess in the field at one time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
To be honest whilst I rate Tolisso, I feel we need a central midfielder with more attacking qualities than what I've seen from him this season.

If I was asked to name one player who I believe would add more flair, guile and vision to the current starting XI Thomas LEMAN currently at Monaco is the one.

He would be a perfect compliment to Marchisio, Pjanic and Cuadrado/Rincon.

At 21 yrs of age his €55m price tag (justified) represents excellent lack of depreciation.
Did you mean Thomas Lemar? If you did - He is a great player seems like the kind of player that is very hard to stop!
Honestly Monaco have many great players: Lemar,Mbape,Fabinho,Bakayoko (who reminds me of a less skilled version of Pogba as he is strong and very agile seems to jump around like a gazelle...)
All are interesting players but what we need first is a complete player who can play in center midfield and help Marchisio and Pjanic adding some quality in the process... Tolisso isnt a master dribbler or a master scorer but he is very good at everything and the only thing that Id like to see us sign for center mid that he doesnt possess is muscle (something Bakayoko for example can add but Bakayoko is not at Tolisso`s level yet)
I wouldnt say a straight no for Lemar though as I wouldnt rule taking him along with a cm in a playmaker/winger role

How much would Bakayoko cost if we want him?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Did you mean Thomas Lemar? If you did - He is a great player seems like the kind of player that is very hard to stop!
Honestly Monaco have many great players: Lemar,Mbape,Fabinho,Bakayoko (who reminds me of a less skilled version of Pogba as he is strong and very agile seems to jump around like a gazelle...)
All are interesting players but what we need first is a complete player who can play in center midfield and help Marchisio and Pjanic adding some quality in the process... Tolisso isnt a master dribbler or a master scorer but he is very good at everything and the only thing that Id like to see us sign for center mid that he doesnt possess is muscle (something Bakayoko for example can add but Bakayoko is not at Tolisso`s level yet)
I wouldnt say a straight no for Lemar though as I wouldnt rule taking him along with a cm in a playmaker/winger role

Apologies for the mis-spelling of Thomas Lemar. Too much mid-afternoon Barolo!

All are currently worth between €35m and €55m with Manchester United being linked to Bakayoko yesterday.

Lemar, as you rightly say is just the kind of player that would compliment the midfield and help drive the possessional tempo at a faster pace to give better service to Higuain and co up front.

Agnelli needs to bite this particular bullet and tell Marotta to tie it up. The pair (Lemar and Tolisso) could be picked up for around €85m. with Khedira, Zaza and Lemina sold to reduce the nett cost.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017

Lemar is basically a winger. I like him but what can we do with him? Little or nothing, can only play on the left in or 4-2-3-1 He can not play next to Pjanic or Marchisio. Bakayoko could and I like him , like I like Fabinho who I prefer over Bakayoko like I prefer Tolisso. Tolisso or Fabinho in the 2 and I am very happy if one of the 2 join us.They are more all round than Bakayoko which is similar to Kondogbia. But right now any Monaco player will cost a lot, many team want them , they are the flavor of the day, cause of the CL, were they play beautiful offensive football.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Nah - playing with cuadrado, Mario, pjanic, dybala, Sandro, Alves and Higuain in one formation we need a hardworking "complete" midfielder. We have enough attacking prowess in the field at one time.
Do you see us sticking with this squad or perhaps adding a proper LW to the equation to take Mario's position?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Do you see us sticking with this squad or perhaps adding a proper LW to the equation to take Mario's position?
I see us going back to a 3 man mid if we sign Tolisso, be it 4312, or Xmas tree.
We just don't have the Attackers to play 4231 day in day out. Maybe we are going to buy some, we will see, but going back to a 3 man mid and 3 attackers looks more likely IMO. 4231 seems to be a temporary solution because of our midfield situation.

Oh - and i know i'm not Hustini. Still wanted to answer though :p

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I honestly think we will look for a cm alla vidal, and possibly buy another lw. I'm hoping Pjaca breaks through into the starting 11 but idk.
I think that may be the hope of the board, too. Have Mario help him into the squad Llorente style and then sell Mandzukic, replacing the workrate with the CM you mentioned. Wish we could be settled over one summer though.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I see us going back to a 3 man mid if we sign Tolisso, be it 4312, or Xmas tree.
We just don't have the Attackers to play 4231 day in day out. Maybe we are going to buy some, we will see, but going back to a 3 man mid and 3 attackers looks more likely IMO. 4231 seems to be a temporary solution because of our midfield situation.

You're Hustini to me :kiss:

It's hard to read where our squad is going, lots of pieces don't really fit. Cuadrado was one of those before the formation switch. Beppe has a plan and I know it's a good one.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We just don't have the Attackers to play 4231 day in day out.
Maybe we are going to buy some, we will see, but going back to a 3 man mid and 3 attackers looks more likely IMO. 4231 seems to be a temporary solution because of our midfield situation.

in: tolisso, alexis, orsolini and meret (both are still only 20, so not relevant to the 25-man squad for an other year)
out: one of lemina/stu/rincon, neto

tolisso can play cm and am, sanchez can play on both wings and as a cf, so allegri would have +2 players for the same 4 spots. also, alves and sandy might be used as backup wingers, too.

btw i watched lyon's both games against roma and their away game @ psg last night. tolisso played as an am against roma (great performance at home, anonymous at roma), and as a cm in a double pivot for their 4-2-3-1 @ paris (an other good game for him personally, despite the loss). i'm starting to be convinced that he'd be a good addition.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
in: tolisso, alexis, orsolini and meret (both are still only 20, so not relevant to the 25-man squad for an other year)
out: one of lemina/stu/rincon, neto

tolisso can play cm and am, sanchez can play on both wings and as a cf, so allegri would have +2 players for the same 4 spots. also, alves and sandy might be used as backup wingers, too.

btw i watched lyon's both games against roma and their away game @ psg last night. tolisso played as an am against roma (great performance at home, anonymous at roma), and as a cm in a double pivot for their 4-2-3-1 @ paris (an other good game for him personally, despite the loss). i'm starting to be convinced that he'd be a good addition.
Dude let's be real who are you going to sell Rincon to??? we bought him not even 6months ago!!! and you'd need to get at least what? 8m? Not likely.
Sturaro is a under 23 and will stay in the team.
Neto will go but where? and Meret kid gonna warm the bench for a year or two till Gigi retires?

Jul 20, 2012
I think that may be the hope of the board, too. Have Mario help him into the squad Llorente style and then sell Mandzukic, replacing the workrate with the CM you mentioned. Wish we could be settled over one summer though.
Yeah I agree, Given pjaca's physical size, I would imagine he'd be a tank if he can add the defensive side to his game, and if he doesn't, but he becomes more consistent with his deliveries as well as end product, we could make up for it, with a player like tolisso

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not sure. Mario is working well for us so unless he asks to leave so he can be an actual striker again I think we will go big for a CM.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dude let's be real who are you going to sell Rincon to??? we bought him not even 6months ago!!! and you'd need to get at least what? 8m? Not likely.
Sturaro is a under 23 and will stay in the team.
Neto will go but where? and Meret kid gonna warm the bench for a year or two till Gigi retires?
He is 23 yrs old luggage carrier earning millions. What a fukin waste of money he is. We cant sell him, we cant play him because he sucks and allegri doesnt rate him anymore

W. T. F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)