[Coppa] Parma vs Juventus (7 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Yeah I guess we'll be resting some guys especially in midfield. I'm really excited about watchin Almiron play so I'm expecting to lose out on this one!! Btw, I have now had 2 people come up to me and say " I didnt know Juve bought Veron" and I'm always sayin "No, we didnt - thats Sergio Bernado Almiron - remember the name!"
Did those 2 people call it soccer?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
First of all if u think that we will get a place worse than the 7th place in the league(which will give us Uefa Cup next season) then trust me we cant even win a game against Inter or Milan or Roma substitutes in the Coppa!
I want Tiago & camoranesi, to play this game to get into mach fitness but players like Buffon,Chiellini,andrade,Zanetti,almiron & trezy should be rested!!
Also Palladino must get a chance,he is an amaizing talent & Ranieri must start using him in every game as a substitute for Alex!!
Anyway winnig this game would maybe give a boost for the team so why not lets win it but I hope it will be without high costs!!
Its not only about fitness its also about giving the team more competitive games. Giving it time to gel as much as we can, and i think the coppa is perfect especially with those games in the beginning as teams like Parma won't focus much on them.

Also Palladino will get his chance am sure of it, he can bring in something that Iaquinta can't bring to the team.

Well, i would like if we play a full team but am more concerned with the critical spots in the team and thats the center of defense and midfield.

we will see what does Ranieri thinks about coppa tomorrow

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
we should field a strong team in the Coppa, especially against Inter and the big teams we might end up playing. We should win to be the first team to reach ten and thus have a silver star on our kit. We'd also be taking away Inter's cup on the centenary year. Also by playing strong teams in the coppa they would be able to communicate and understand each other better

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
No DP, Crisitco,and Neddy all out with small niggles, id say give palla, tiago a start in this one. Camo , Olivera and Zanetti suspended for this one

1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Almiron
5 Zebina
7 Salihamidzic
9 Iaquinta
12 Belardi
14 Andrade
17 Trezeguet
18 Boumsong
20 Palladino
22 Vanstrattan
23 Nocerino
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie
35 Esposito
36 Castiglia
37 Duravia

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Buffon
Zebina - Andrade - Chiellini - Molinaro
Salihamidzic - Nocerino - Tiago
Iaquinta - Trezeguet - Palladino

That would be my team.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I hate to see Chiellini in the center, that Molinaro didn't impress me yet!

that formation would eat them alive thou!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well Andy will get to see his beloved 433 i guess

gigi

zebina-andrade-boumsong-chiellini

------Nocerino--Almiron--Tiago----

---Iaquinta-----Trezi------Palladino-

we will see if Ranieri has faith in Boumsong or not, cuz if chiellini plays in the center then why do we have boumsong then ?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ranieri Relishes Parma Return

As Claudio Ranieri's Juventus welcome Parma for Wednesday's Coppa Italia Third Round clash, the veteran coach is looking forward to reuniting with the club that he left earlier this year...He may only have spent five months at the Ducali, but Claudio Ranieri still holds a fondness for Parma.

The ex-Chelsea boss was drafted in to save the Parmesan side from relegation in February of this year, and, taking the reins of Stefano Pioli's squad, duly guided the club to safety with three points to spare.

This caught the attention of Juventus, who promptly drafted him in for their return to Serie A - and Ranieri is ever grateful to Parma for this turn of events.

"Without Parma, I wouldn't be here today," smiled Ranieri.

"The experience gave me so much, and I'm thankful to president Ghirardi and everyone else who gave me the opportunity to retutn to coach in Italy, and also to the city of Parma that welcomed me so well."

However, he's willing to put his fondness aside as he attempts to lead Juve to cup success - even with a weakened squad.

"We do, however, want to win this game, even with the suspension of Camoranesi, Olivera and Zanetti, and the ailments to Del Piero, Nedved and Criscito, whom I wish to preserve for Sunday," he added.

Juve got their Serie A return off to a bang with a 5-1 win over Palermo at the weekend, but Ranieri is refusing to get carried away.

"It was a great result, but so much of it happened in the final minutes; overall, Livorno did not play too badly," he said.

"So we cannot boast too much, but we will say that we've generated a lot of enthusiasm in the last few days, to compensate for the criticisms of pre-season."

The former Valencia coach signed at three year deal with the Old Lady this summer.

Goal.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I will miss the game like everyone thou :frown2:
yeah, I'm pretty fed up with it at the moment. I missed last Satudays game because of work and will also miss this Sundays game. It is typical that the game I could have watched won't even be shown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)