[Coppa] Parma vs Juventus (12 Viewers)

Sep 13, 2006
By the way, on the Goalzz site they are saying that the game will be shown LIVE on ARTSport 4.

However this is the only site saying so... and since the game is not being shown live in Italy, I don`t think that there will be an international feed for ArtSport to use.

Can anyone maybe from a country where ArtSport operates / offers subscriptions confirm this ?

Sep 1, 2002
We need to play our best team: they need the competition, the Money to be raised, the winning way, the trophy.

Ranieri will want to do well in this, as it is one of the ways in to Europe.

Expect a strong team wanting to win.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
From Wikipedia:

The format for pairings will be as follows:

* First phase: one-leg fixtures
First round: The bottom 24 seeds (19-42) are paired
Second round: The 12 first round winners are paired

* Second phase: one-leg fixtures
6 first phase winners and seeds 9-18 are paired

* Third phase: two-leg fixtures
Round of 16: 8 second phase winners are inserted into a bracket with seeds 1-8
Quarterfinals and Semifinals: Two-leg fixtures with pairings based upon bracket

* Final: one-leg fixture at neutral venue

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
After seeing how Zanetti and Almiron work well together, I'm expecting Nocerino and Tiago to start with Nocerino in midfield. Probably meanin Zebina might come in at RB and Brazzo pushed into the Rw role.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
I still believe the Coppa should be used to give some fringe/young players more experience. Sure, throw a couple of starters in there, but use the game as a friendly.

A lot of you are saying we should be treating this like our Champion's League campaign, but I don't agree. Our priority should be (above all else) push for a CL spot for next year and possibly challenge for the scudetto.

The advantage we have over the other challengers is that we don't have to field are best teams in ultra-competative European matches on top of the league. Our team will be fresher, have longer recovery time and more energy towards the end of the season for a strong push.

Why ruin that advantage by playing your strongest team excessively for a (IMO) insignificant piece of hardware? I'm not saying we shouldn't compete in the Coppa matches, but don't kill off our best players trying to win it.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Well wikipedia says the 2 legged matches begin in the round of 16 which is correct, although this isn't the round of 16. This is only the 3rd stage, the round of 16 is next.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I read somewhere that neither RAI, Mediaset...or anyone else for that matter have rights to the Coppa this season (radio included):tdown:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
wow, that sucks. Did rai have the rights to coppa italia games last season?
yes, at least since 2001 (when I purchased RAI International)

I called them today, and they didnt even know when the Coppa started, so I am assuming that what I read is correct...no rights :tdown:

I guess that serieA.tv is supposed to show the match (6 dollars US to see the match)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
that fu.cking sucks. I hope they'll show the later stages at least. I think we'll have to organize another mass e-mail to get them to show it......

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I wouldnt!!
I would be dissapointed if any of our startin players played this match & got injured!

I really dont care that much about the Coppa,if we won it its okay,if we didnt I dont really care!!
Our team is not fully fit yet so they need the game time also it will help with the understanding between the players.

The win wouldn't harm as well, a confidence booster is always welcomed.

As Bianconero said down there, the coppa could be a portal to Europe if things don't go right.
We need to play our best team: they need the competition, the Money to be raised, the winning way, the trophy.

Ranieri will want to do well in this, as it is one of the ways in to Europe.

Expect a strong team wanting to win.
:agree:

Sep 19, 2006
Our team is not fully fit yet so they need the game time also it will help with the understanding between the players.

The win wouldn't harm as well, a confidence booster is always welcomed.

As Bianconero said down there, the coppa could be a portal to Europe if things don't go right.

:agree:
First of all if u think that we will get a place worse than the 7th place in the league(which will give us Uefa Cup next season) then trust me we cant even win a game against Inter or Milan or Roma substitutes in the Coppa!
I want Tiago & camoranesi, to play this game to get into mach fitness but players like Buffon,Chiellini,andrade,Zanetti,almiron & trezy should be rested!!
Also Palladino must get a chance,he is an amaizing talent & Ranieri must start using him in every game as a substitute for Alex!!
Anyway winnig this game would maybe give a boost for the team so why not lets win it but I hope it will be without high costs!!

Sep 1, 2002
First of all if u think that we will get a place beyond the 7th place in the league(which will give us Uefa Cup next season) then trust me we cant even win a game against Inter or Milan or Roma substitutes in the Coppa!
I want Tiago & camoranesi, to play this game to get into mach fitness but players like Buffon,Chiellini,andrade,Zanetti,almiron & trezy should be rested!!
Also Palladino must get a chance,he is an amaizing talent & Ranieri must start using him in every game as a substitute for Alex!!
Anyway winnig this game would maybe give a boost for the team so why not lets win it but I hope it will be without high costs!!
Just play the best side available, and try to win something for the fans, who have suffered this last year. They owe it to us.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Yeah I guess we'll be resting some guys especially in midfield. I'm really excited about watchin Almiron play so I'm expecting to lose out on this one!! Btw, I have now had 2 people come up to me and say " I didnt know Juve bought Veron" and I'm always sayin "No, we didnt - thats Sergio Bernado Almiron - remember the name!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)