[Coppa] Parma vs Juventus (5 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
And that's all that matters, Dominic.

They are all different players and one is new to the country/team. It would be simply idiotic to bench our most expensive player so early in the season just because another player looks better at first. Give them all a chance.
It would also be simply idiotic to play him, just because he is our most expensive player.

I'm not denying anybody a chance, but Tiago has taken the least use of his chances so far.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 19, 2006
Regardless of the cheap shot at tonykart, it IS true. Tiago at the moment is inferior to both Nocerino and Zanetti.
I cant see how u can start classing them after just 1 match,Tiago didnt start the first match coz he had a slight injury a week before the match & he didnt train with the team before he left to Portugal for the NT.
Anyway I dont care whose inferior to who,as long as we win but I am sure Tiago will be starting very soon cause when he is in form he can give a new prospective to our midfield.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
And that's all that matters, Dominic.

They are all different players and one is new to the country/team. It would be simply idiotic to bench our most expensive player so early in the season just because another player looks better at first. Give them all a chance.
Money does not warrant a starting spot. He had plenty of chances and will continue to get them. The fact is, when he plays like he did last night and in the time he got in the game vs. Livorno and in the last two Pre-Season games... he didn't do enough to earn a spot. For whatever excuse, he is not ready yet and we should not risk playing someone who is worse than someone else just because we paid more for him or because you really liked him in the past. That is just foolish and no coach can think like that.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I cant see how u can start classing them after just 1 match,Tiago didnt start the first match coz he had a slight injury a week before the match & he didnt train with the team before he left to Portugal for the NT.
Anyway I dont care whose inferior to who,as long as we win but I am sure Tiago will be starting very soon cause when he is in form he can give a new prospective to our midfield.
Tiago didn't start because the other guys were better. We all had plenty of time to analyze all the players and clearly Almiron, Nocerino and Zanetti each had something substantial to offer us as starters in the first game. After last night, it isi clear that Tiago still is not ready.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

How is it cheap to compare the two/three? IF anything it's logical, they are competing for the same places.. How can you NOT compare them?

Tiago is good alround yes, but at the moment he isn't good. As pointed out before, he lacks functionality.
Because Tiago is in a new country, new club, new leauge, give the man the time to adapt to everything. Zanetti and Nocerino are here their whole life, I'm not a pro football player but I think that's a very imortant aspect of a player's career. Everything chanfes all of a sudden, it takes more than a month for your life not just your performance on the pith to get back to normal. Tiago from Lyon, or any other club he played before, IMO beats both of them. Some players adapt quicker, some slower, some don't at all, therefore I think it's unfair to compair them now.

Sep 19, 2006
Money does not warrant a starting spot. He had plenty of chances and will continue to get them. The fact is, when he plays like he did last night and in the time he got in the game vs. Livorno and in the last two Pre-Season games... he didn't do enough to earn a spot. For whatever excuse, he is not ready yet and we should not risk playing someone who is worse than someone else just because we paid more for him or because you really liked him in the past. That is just foolish and no coach can think like that.
This is the first time I'll agree with U,Money doesnt earn a starting spot:agree: .
But Ranieri think very very very highly of Tiago & he said it a lot & I am sure he cant wait to put him in the starting team but he just doesnt want to take risks so he is letting him to adapt with the team & the way of play slowly & very soon he will be starting

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Because Tiago is in a new country, new club, new leauge, give the man the time to adapt to everything. Zanetti and Nocerino are here their whole life, I'm not a pro football player but I think that's a very imortant aspect of a player's career. Everything chanfes all of a sudden, it takes more than a month for your life not just your performance on the pith to get back to normal. Tiago from Lyon, or any other club he played before, IMO beats both of them. Some players adapt quicker, some slower, some don't at all, therefore I think it's unfair to compair them now.
Yes, but that is not Juventus' problem. He needs to adapt, but not at the expense of our team and the players on it who have done everything to earn the spot. His starting spot is determined by him and he has not earned it. Juventus needs to field a team that will win right now. If he is the best option at the time... he plays. That fact is, he has not been the best option.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
You don't need to make excuses for Tiago. If Tiago starts performing, he'll find his way into the team soon enough himself. Right now, this isn't the case though. With our other midfielders are performing well, Tiago is rightfully down in the pecking order. We should simply play the players in the best shape.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
This is the first time I'll agree with U,Money doesnt earn a starting spot:agree: .
But Ranieri think very very very highly of Tiago & he said it a lot & I am sure he cant wait to put him in the starting team but he just doesnt want to take risks so he is letting him to adapt with the team & the way of play slowly & very soon he will be starting
Exactly. That is the point. He is not the best option right now. The future is unpredictable. You play every game to win every game and you do that by fielding the best team possible. Whatever your personal opinoin on Tiago is, the fact is, he is not ready.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You don't need to make excuses for Tiago. If Tiago starts performing, he'll find his way into the team soon enough himself. Right now, this isn't the case though. With our other midfielders are performing well, Tiago is rightfully down in the pecking order. We should simply play the players in the best shape.
I have no beef with that, I said the same things before. I just don't get everyone turning their back on the man without the season even starting. That's my main problem.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exxxxxxactly.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
That is what any sane coach would do. Fans have too much worship for players. It is odd.

Sep 19, 2006
If u remeber he didnt adapt with Chelsea at first but after a couple of weeks he was starting a lot & he was so important in a team who had like 6 world class midfielders.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I never said money earns a starting spot. Don't put words in my posts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:disagree: It's not making excuses... it's called reality.

And while other players might look better right now, it's wrong for people to seemingly turn their back on Tiago after just one real match. This is what you call being shortsided. That's why I'm always on here complaining about people bashing Tiago every fucking day. Give him a chance and he will eventually show his worth, just like he did everywhere he has played.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I didn't quote you, but you did relate the amount of his signing to the reason he shouldn't ride the pine. It was a weak point.
No. I said that it would be idiotic to bench our most expensive signing and not give him a chance. It's not a weak point whatsoever... it's the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)